Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/kajukenb/public_html/cafe/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
B.O.A. Promotions

Author Topic: B.O.A. Promotions  (Read 4037 times)

Offline John Bishop

• Black Belt
  • Seek Knowledge, Not Rank
B.O.A. Promotions
« on: May 07, 2016, 10:08:09 PM »
Congratulations to Gary Forbach (Sr. Grandmaster), Frank Carriaga (Grandmaster), Cheyanne Carpus (Grandmaster), Angie Abad-Mancia (Professor), Brian Adams (Professor), Cliff Sumida (Professor), and all the others that were promoted at Kingi's Kajukenbo today.
The 8th and 9th degree promotions were made by Sijo Emperado's Board of Advisors.

John Bishop  8th Degree-Original Method 
Under Grandmaster Gary Forbach
K.S.D.I. # 478, FMAA

"You watch, once I'm gone, all the snakes will start popping their heads up!"  Sijo Emperado

Offline Tim Vargas

• BlackBelt
  • Yellow Belt
Re: B.O.A. Promotions
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2016, 10:48:53 PM »
congratulations to those promoted.

Is GM Gary Forbach the new Sr. Grandmaster replacing Sijo's SGM George Kanana?  Also, out of the Nine BOA's, I think I see four...are there more who were not present that also support the promotions?

Again, congratulations to all! ;D

Sincerely,

tim
Tim Vargas:  Chief Instructor directly under the late GGM Gaylord. OKO

Offline John Bishop

• Black Belt
  • Seek Knowledge, Not Rank
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2016, 11:55:35 PM »
congratulations to those promoted.

Is GM Gary Forbach the new Sr. Grandmaster replacing Sijo's SGM George Kanana?  Also, out of the Nine BOA's, I think I see four...are there more who were not present that also support the promotions?

Again, congratulations to all! ;D

Sincerely,

tim

As far as I know SGM Ed Louis replaced SGM George Kanana a few years ago.  Both SGM Ed Louis and GM Phillip Gelinas voted to approve the promotions, but could not attend today.
Of the 9 members, 2 or 3 have stepped down, and have been replaced.  GGM Carlos Bunda should have a written statement to release very soon.
John Bishop  8th Degree-Original Method 
Under Grandmaster Gary Forbach
K.S.D.I. # 478, FMAA

"You watch, once I'm gone, all the snakes will start popping their heads up!"  Sijo Emperado

Offline MikeRitchie

• BlackBelt
  • White Belt
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2016, 12:16:09 AM »
Congratulations  to all who were promoted. :)
Mike Ritchie
Black belt-5th degree.
Guangxi Ch'uan Kajukenbo.
under Sigung Dan Tyrrell.

Offline envisiontj

• BlackBelt
  • Brown Belt
  • Thanks Jeff and Boogie!!
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2016, 02:25:16 PM »
Congratulations everyone!
Sifu Trent Junker
Realm Of The Tiger Kajukenbo - Portland, OR
Under GM Gerry Scott

Offline Dave Jones

• BlackBelt
  • Blue Belt
  • Fio Para Bellator: Be the Prepared Warrior
    • CQB KAJUKENBO CLUB
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2016, 07:13:54 AM »
Congratulations.
Dave Jones, CQB Kajukenbo Club - Fenton, MO
The Founders > Sid Asuncion > Alan Carter > Mike Griffin
Proud Life Member of the Ordonez Kajukenbo Ohana
http://www.cqbkajukenbo.com/

Offline GM J. Willis

• Where we do more than just kick!!!
  • Senior Moderator
  • Blue Belt
    • Willis Kempo Kung-Fu School
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2016, 06:54:28 PM »
Congratulations to one and all in regards to the promotions. Well deserved  :D
9th Degree Black Belt in Kajukenbo
6th Degree Black Belt in Jhoon Rhee Tae Kwon Do
K.S.D.I., member since 2006

Offline Bautista's

• teaching since 1966
  • Senior Moderator
  • Brown Belt
  • you show me-I show you
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2016, 03:19:51 AM »
I also would like to know who signed!!!!!!!!!
Emil Bautista
Kajukenbo black belt (1966)

Offline GForbach

• Gary Forbach
  • Senior Moderator
  • Blue Belt
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2016, 04:48:24 PM »
Hello Sir, I guess since you resigned, it was SGM Edmund Louis, GGM Carlos Bunda, SGM Rick Kingi and I.  Phillip did not answer Rick's texts and was in France, also involved with the Counsel you now are a part so we had a majority and are bringing new people onto the board.  Hope you health is well sir.  Gary
Gary Forbach, 9th Degree Original Method Kajukenbo under GM Aleju Reyes and Sijo A.D. Emperado

Offline GForbach

• Gary Forbach
  • Senior Moderator
  • Blue Belt
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2016, 06:26:42 PM »
Hello Master Tim Vargas, as Professor Bishop said above, SGM Ed Louis  is head of the BOA.  I am the youngest and don't know where that rumor started, but we are gathering 5-6 new Grandmasters for the BOA.  Talked to the Ramos Family today.  We welcome ideas as well as all the complaints and criticism we normally get, be nice to hear some positive ideas instead of the Pilikea we always get.  Take care, much respect, Gary Forbach
Gary Forbach, 9th Degree Original Method Kajukenbo under GM Aleju Reyes and Sijo A.D. Emperado

Offline Tim Vargas

• BlackBelt
  • Yellow Belt
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2016, 03:17:22 PM »
Hello Master Tim Vargas, as Professor Bishop said above, SGM Ed Louis  is head of the BOA.  I am the youngest and don't know where that rumor started, but we are gathering 5-6 new Grandmasters for the BOA.  Talked to the Ramos Family today.  We welcome ideas as well as all the complaints and criticism we normally get, be nice to hear some positive ideas instead of the Pilikea we always get.  Take care, much respect, Gary Forbach

Hello GM Gary,

Hope your doing great.

According to Prof. Bishops post, there were several promotions including a title "upgrade" for yourself, to that of Senior Grandmaster.  As almost everyone knows, Sijo only had ONE Senior Grandmaster on his BOA at any given time, with an express purpose by virtue of the title, to be the leader of the Board, to the point to where Sijo even thought a good idea that the SGM would have an 11th degree, while all the other BOA were 10th, and Sijo being the ONLY 12 deg. upon his death. Now we have a whole other problem with titles that should only be given to one.  Yeah, yeah, I know, we all heard how he was talked out of it,  during the first Unity Meeting in Fresno, but still, even the thoughts of Sijo were important and had a purpose, which almost everyone seems to have missed., But back to any "rumor" ,   Since it was announced that you are now a Senior Grandmaster, that you naturally replaced Sijo's one and only SGM George Kananana.     I must have missed the public announcement from SGM George K. saying he renounced his position on the BOA and appointed a replacement, GM Ed.   As for who is or is not retired/renounced their positions on the BOA, I believe those announcments need to be made public by those who are retired and not hearsay...as just a few months back I heard that GM Carlos Bunda had retired from the BOA, only to find out he is not retired but still going strong.   

There is a lot to be said, but ultimately its good that the BOA continue to function to the capacity to which it was created for.  That doesn't mean there has to be promotions to prof and gm every year...its good to have this natural freeze of promotions to give everyone a rest for awhile ;o).   

Thank you Sir for your response.

Sincerely,

tim
Tim Vargas:  Chief Instructor directly under the late GGM Gaylord. OKO

Offline kfarny

• BlackBelt
  • Blue Belt
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2016, 03:28:33 PM »
Here is some constructive criticism, said with all respect.

Please find ONE spot to list the CURRENT BOA.  Every time the BOA posts something,  we all have to ask whe the heck is currently sitting.
Perhaps a folder for only BOA member lists and announcements?
Kirk Farnsworth   3rd Degree,  East/West Method Tum Pai
East West Martial Arts, Master Doug Bertrand
Vancouver, Wa.

Offline Bautista's

• teaching since 1966
  • Senior Moderator
  • Brown Belt
  • you show me-I show you
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2016, 05:06:59 AM »
Congratulations to Gary Forbach (Sr. Grandmaster), Frank Carriaga (Grandmaster), Cheyanne Carpus (Grandmaster), Angie Abad-Mancia (Professor), Brian Adams (Professor), Cliff Sumida (Professor), and all the others that were promoted at Kingi's Kajukenbo today.
The 8th and 9th degree promotions were made by Sijo Emperado's Board of Advisors.
not the complete board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Emil Bautista
Kajukenbo black belt (1966)