Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/kajukenb/public_html/cafe/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Letter to the GM in Kajukenbo and Ohana from GM Dacascos

Author Topic: Letter to the GM in Kajukenbo and Ohana from GM Dacascos  (Read 1490 times)

Offline cirillo

• Moderators
  • Blue Belt
    • Wun Hop Kuen Do
Letter to the GM in Kajukenbo and Ohana from GM Dacascos
« on: March 21, 2016, 08:39:06 PM »
---I am posting this letter at the request of GM Al Dacascos------

To my Kajukenbo Ohana,

I wish to address a growing concern with all black belt instructors in all our various systems. For years, we, the silent majority have stood by and observed the integrity, honor, respect and loyalty erode in Kajukenbo.  Not that we in Kajukenbo are perfect and immune to mistakes, but there is a point that as Grand Masters, we are looked upon as the leaders who can lead the rest to a stronger system and not to a diluted black belt mill that we've seen all to often. At least this is what I was brought up to believe in Kajukenbo. Whenever there is a problem, there is an opportunity to do what is right rather than what is convenient. 

Our Kajukenbo prayer reminds us to be better individuals but some of us have lacked respect for that prayer instead acting like gods and making our own rules, forgetting the good ethical and moral values of our Martial Arts.  How is that one senior instructor or Grand Master can assume that he take another Student or black belt, without a letter of commendation and release from that students former instructor?  It is right, ethical and moral that if a student or black belt wishes to transfer out of one school or instructor, especially in the same system such as our Kajukenbo, that those involved have some sort of exit and entry type of letter.  As it appears to an outsider looking in, everything so far has been done deceitfully. 

When a Grand Master offers a first degree to join him by offering him a 3rd degree, there is concern over loyalty, honor,  respect and integrity. This is not right this Black belt doesn't even know this Masters system, style or materials they are without these values, we have an art without a spine and sooner or later, what goes around comes around.   I too have had black belts jump ship for various reasons, but this does not excuse these individuals from neglecting their ethical and moral obligation to follow proper protocol between the black belts and instructors.  Problems of this sort have gone on for years while everyone turns their head and looks the other way until it happens to them and by that time, it is too late. 

The solution to this problem is to have a Board of Leaders, Grand Masters adhering to and administrating a set of Rules.  Rules and Regulations that governs the welfare of all Kajukenbo schools that is openly available to everyone and agreed by everyone. The KSDI, KAA and the IKA have all made an attempt at this.  But since the hiatus of the IKA, and for ten years since, instructors have been doing whatever seems convenient to them at the time.  It is time for the Leaders to step forward and help others that are unable to make the corrections themselves. It will be better to prevent it from getting really out of order than to mop up the aftermath of anarchy.

I submit this letter to our Grand Masters to bring about an awareness of the opportunity we have to make a stronger Kajukenbo for a new millennium.

With respect,
Sifu Al Dacascos
Al Dacascos
sifual@aol.com
 --------------------
Sifu Jeffrey D. Cirillo,  7th Degree Black belt in Wun Hop Kuen Do under GM Al Dacascos and 3rd Degree in FaChuan (Blossom Fist) under Sifu Bill Owens with over 35 years experience in the martial arts.
College Station, TX

Offline Ghost Rider

• Senior Moderator
  • Brown Belt
  • Live hard & Die fast
    • Kajupit.com
Re: Letter to the GM in Kajukenbo and Ohana from GM Dacascos
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 06:50:13 PM »
There is a new Council that has been formed.
 It is the KSDI Council of grand Masters worldwide.
 this council is composed of grand masters from different branches of kajukenbo as well as different
 associations remember the KSDI belong to Sijo Emperado the founder of kajukenbo,  we on that Council represent the founder of kajukenbo and the future of kajukenbo.
We are there to assist everyone in kajukenbo.
 I find it funny that some people are just as guilty as anyone else of the things they complain about.
Greg Harper
senior instructor, Gumataotao Kajukenbo
Head instructor, Kajupit MMA
Sijo Emperado's personal body guard