Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/kajukenb/public_html/cafe/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Is there a KSDI BOA?

Author Topic: Is there a KSDI BOA?  (Read 4385 times)

Offline onephatboydave

• BlackBelt
  • Blue Belt
Is there a KSDI BOA?
« on: August 28, 2014, 12:58:39 PM »
I know this question has been asked and really never has been given a definite answer as to there is. I saw where SGM Dechi the head of KSDI made a recent promotion and was wondering if the BOA has been dissolved and if not who sits on the board?

WADR
Dave

David Garcia    Student Blackbelt/Black Sash
Tony Ramos Kajukenbo
Under Grand Master David V. Amiccuci
Honor, Bravery, Loyalty,Family

Offline Ghost Rider

• Senior Moderator
  • Brown Belt
  • Live hard & Die fast
    • Kajupit.com
Re: Is there a KSDI BOA?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 04:36:26 PM »
There are 4 BOA members here on the cafe, GM's Gelinas, Kingi, Forbauch and Bautista, they are still active members of BOA as far as I know.
GM's Kanaana, Bunda and Lewis have stepped down as far as I have heard.
I'm not sure of the status of GM Black and Garcia is a joke.
The promotions in Las Vegas were not voted on or approved by the BOA according to what I was told by one of the BOA members.
Whether that is because they are not active or some other reason I'm not sure
But as I am not a BOA member I can?t speak for them, so maybe the BOA members that are also members of the cafe can give an official statement.

It would be nice to have a BOA that was approachable and responsive to the Kajukenbo nation.
When one is asked a question and will not reply it normally means they either don't know the answer or they are hiding something, just my opinion.
Greg Harper
senior instructor, Gumataotao Kajukenbo
Head instructor, Kajupit MMA
Sijo Emperado's personal body guard

Offline GM ALAN M. REYES

• SGMReyes
  • Senior Moderator
  • Blue Belt
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 05:27:56 PM »
There are 4 BOA members here on the cafe, GM's Gelinas, Kingi, Forbauch and Bautista, they are still active members of BOA as far as I know.
GM's Kanaana, Bunda and Lewis have stepped down as far as I have heard.
I'm not sure of the status of GM Black and Garcia is a joke.
The promotions in Las Vegas were not voted on or approved by the BOA according to what I was told by one of the BOA members.
But as I am not a BOA member I can?t speak for them, so maybe the BOA members that are also members of the cafe can give an official statement.
It would be nice to have a BOA that was approachable and responsive to the Kajukenbo nation.
When one is asked a question and will not reply it normally means they either don't know the answer or they are hiding something, just my opinion.
As you have stated"But as I am not a BOA member I can?t speak for them, so maybe the BOA members that are also members of the cafe can give an official statement." How can they give an "official" statement, if they won't even talk to you, as you are told by a BOA member in secret,,,so le us all know what is being said "good or bad",,,,that was a response of some kind,,,,,and which GM Black are you comparing to Garcia....hope that isnt "Vince". Let the BOA that is under SGM Deichi, express their feelings on the web,,,,,"what said on the web stays on the web lol!!!" 8)....and what Promotions are you talking about? Name them!...I really don't know! guess I'm not in the loop.....getting real tired of all the politics,,,,say what you mean and mean what you say...be responsive to all that is in this Kajukenbo Nation. Its about time for the different factions to throw down, especially if "They" have a problem that isnt being resolved. Who am I you might ask,,,ME? Im just a concerned Kajukenbo Practictioner"
WADR
SGMReyes
SGM Alan M. Reyes
SrGrandMaster KSDI(2014)
GrandMaster KSDI(1999)
9th DegreeRed/SilverBelt KSDI(1986)
60Yrs.ContinuousTraining KSDI/ReyesKenpoKarate(2014)
FirstGenerationStudent/Successor-GGM Aleju C. Reyes-RKK CA(1959)
FirstGenerationStudent-GGM Sijo Adriano D. Emperado-Palama Settlement Hi(1954)

Offline Ghost Rider

• Senior Moderator
  • Brown Belt
  • Live hard & Die fast
    • Kajupit.com
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 05:47:37 PM »
to be more clear I am not sure if GM Vince Black is still an active member or if he has stepped down.
(not sure of his status) I did not mean to run the two statements together.
I was not comparing GM Vince Black to anyone, simply saying I am not aware of status.
As a single statement Garcia is a joke.
there is no secret conversations, I called and asked for my own personal knowledge.
the promotions I was referring to were the 8th and 9th degree promotions.
I always say what I mean and mean what I say.
sorry if what I said was not clear.
As far as it being time for different factions to throw down, I have been asked to back down several times by other Grandmasters so I think its clear that Im not afraid to throw down.
I was simply giving my opinion, you are my friend and you know I have your back, so Im sorry if I offended you in any way SGM Reyes
Greg Harper

Offline GM ALAN M. REYES

• SGMReyes
  • Senior Moderator
  • Blue Belt
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 07:08:47 PM »
GM Harper
NO offense taken.."to throw down" is a term that can be used for the whole kajukenbo get involved,,,who are the main players and representing what areas? org. branches, individuals. and are we back to the 8th and 9th degree BOA,,,people are on or off or some cases have passed away,,,which part are we talking about? comments can be more helpful than half truths.But as many things within the "Whole" which are to believe and which can we maintain as false. Who can ask a question and be answered by Kajukenbo as a whole,,,all different opinons but the truth will always prevail,,,,thusly whatever is said can be taken as a guide, maybe not to be followed but to make a honest decision for the individual. Then it snowballs to a point where it could be argumentive,or maybe adaptable to the thoughts of today. Putting Kajukenbo able to be tracked.  Gone are the days of he said or she said,,,we either agree by representing the side we are trying to explore or Kajukenbo as we know is gone.
WADR
SGMReyes
SGM Alan M. Reyes
SrGrandMaster KSDI(2014)
GrandMaster KSDI(1999)

Offline Zenshi

• Senior Black Belt
  • Yellow Belt
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2014, 07:26:34 PM »
The official statement from the head of the KSDI and the Emperado family is that the BOA as an entity does not communicate with the KSDI the organization.
Glen Fraticelli
KSDI (indef) #2090
Western Boxing 1968-
Choi Li Fat/Huk-Hu Gung Fu 1973-1977
Kajukenbo since 1975-
JFJKD #1291 1999-2002

Offline Ghost Rider

• Senior Moderator
  • Brown Belt
  • Live hard & Die fast
    • Kajupit.com
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2014, 07:59:36 PM »
Thank you for the official KSDI statement.
That being said, then I take it that it?s open season on 8th and 9th degree promotions which is what Sijo was trying to put a stop too when he formed the BOA in the first place.
The truth is finally out, but do we try to fix it and make it as Sijo wished or just let everyone and their brother start promoting people.
There are snakes in the grass, and I don?t give a crap if some don?t like my words.
I just went back and hit delete on a whole lot of typing.
I will leave it alone for now but I?m sick and tired of snakes, and I know quite a few two faced people in Kajukenbo.
Vargas almost got back in for the same reason, people just let it happen.
Don?t think that just because a person is a Grandmaster that they are a person of integrity.
WRONG!!!!
to all the snakes out there Greg Harper says your just a bunch of chicken shi$ punks.
Yeah, I better go train and hit something.
Greg Harper

Offline GM ALAN M. REYES

• SGMReyes
  • Senior Moderator
  • Blue Belt
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2014, 04:14:44 AM »
The official statement from the head of the KSDI and the Emperado family is that the BOA as an entity does not communicate with the KSDI the organization.
Which  BOA entity  is communicating now? The KSDI BOA for all of the KSDI organization, or the sub-BOA explaining the 8th and 9th degree adherence to protocol.
Or the BOA for the whole of Kajukenbo,,,which in fact communication is the only way the different factions (branches if you will) of the art of SIJO's will survive. Without communication (Water, if you accept the analogy), one by one the leaves will fall from the branches and  this great  tree will in fact die. COMMUNICATION is our only hope, not blind acceptance. You cant keep the many to be blind , without the eyes of communication. Which GM Harper stated, its open season and I agree.
love to the Emperado Family,Kajukenbo Head of state, Kajukenbo, and the many which I am part of,,,,,one of the many concerned.
WADR
SGMReyes   
SGM Alan M. Reyes
SrGrandMaster KSDI(2014)
GrandMaster KSDI(1999)

Offline GEORGE LIM

• Senior Black Belt
  • Yellow Belt
    • Lim Kenpo Karate LLC
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2014, 10:10:05 AM »
Respectfully to SGM Reyes & GM Harper.
Answer to your question about GM Vince Black.

I had the Honor & pleasure to have lunch  at his NATSTA Group's Northern American Tang Shou Tao Assn. Conference in Tucson AZ. couple of weeks ago. We had a good talk & visit. GM Vince , Aunty Kim Black & their People are doing well.

GM Black wishes ALL nothing but the Best in Life and the future of Kajukenbo.
At this time. He is very busy with his NATSTA Group and feels he cannot give the attention & focus to Sijo's Board of Advisors BOA as needed and deserves.

He asked me to express his feelings & respects to all.
Respectfully,
George Lim
George Lim
LIM Karate LFMA Lim Family Martial Arts
Grandmaster. Hawaii Kenpo, Kajukenbo

Offline GM ALAN M. REYES

• SGMReyes
  • Senior Moderator
  • Blue Belt
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2014, 04:26:13 PM »
Respectfully to SGM Reyes & GM Harper.
Answer to your question about GM Vince Black.

I had the Honor & pleasure to have lunch  at his NATSTA Group's Northern American Tang Shou Tao Assn. Conference in Tucson AZ. couple of weeks ago. We had a good talk & visit. GM Vince , Aunty Kim Black & their People are doing well.

GM Black wishes ALL nothing but the Best in Life and the future of Kajukenbo.
At this time. He is very busy with his NATSTA Group and feels he cannot give the attention & focus to Sijo's Board of Advisors BOA as needed and deserves.

He asked me to express his feelings & respects to all.
Respectfully,
George Lim
George, If you can relay a message from me,
Give our respects to Vince, as I know his schedule is exhausting to say the least,, say Hi to him and family from myself and GM Harper, please convey that I would like to touch bases with him, please have him PM me so I may have his PH#
AS Always
SGMReyes (Alan)
SGM Alan M. Reyes
SrGrandMaster KSDI(2014)
GrandMaster KSDI(1999)

Offline GEORGE LIM

• Senior Black Belt
  • Yellow Belt
    • Lim Kenpo Karate LLC
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2014, 08:10:15 AM »
SGM Reyes.
I have given your message to GM Vince Black & his Family.
Respectfully
George Lim
George Lim
LIM Karate LFMA Lim Family Martial Arts
Grandmaster. Hawaii Kenpo, Kajukenbo

Offline Dave Jones

• BlackBelt
  • Blue Belt
  • Fio Para Bellator: Be the Prepared Warrior
    • CQB KAJUKENBO CLUB
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2014, 10:16:04 AM »
Don?t think that just because a person is a Grandmaster that they are a person of integrity.
+100
Dave Jones, CQB Kajukenbo Club - Fenton, MO
The Founders > Sid Asuncion > Alan Carter > Mike Griffin
Proud Life Member of the Ordonez Kajukenbo Ohana
http://www.cqbkajukenbo.com/