Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/kajukenb/public_html/cafe/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
New grand masters

Author Topic: New grand masters  (Read 5024 times)

Offline onephatboydave

• BlackBelt
  • Blue Belt
New grand masters
« on: July 21, 2014, 05:15:30 PM »
Can anyone who was at the KSDI tournament please list the new promoted Grand Masters so those of us who were unable to make it can wish congratulations. 

WADR

Dave
David Garcia    Student Blackbelt/Black Sash
Tony Ramos Kajukenbo
Under Grand Master David V. Amiccuci
Honor, Bravery, Loyalty,Family

Offline sigun laguna

• Senior Black Belt
  • White Belt
  • I'm a llama!
Re: New grand masters
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 10:50:22 PM »
SG Tony Bowles and GM Tim Bowles sorry these are the only 2 I know but I'm sure there where more

Offline Tim Vargas

• BlackBelt
  • Yellow Belt
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 03:57:21 AM »
congratulations to both GM Bowles.

since there is only one Senior GM in KSDI at any given time, has GM Tony Bowles replaced SGM George K. who was appointed by Sijo?

tnx.
Tim Vargas:  Chief Instructor directly under the late GGM Gaylord. OKO

Offline Dave Jones

• BlackBelt
  • Blue Belt
  • Fio Para Bellator: Be the Prepared Warrior
    • CQB KAJUKENBO CLUB
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 09:45:02 AM »
Congratulations
Dave Jones, CQB Kajukenbo Club - Fenton, MO
The Founders > Sid Asuncion > Alan Carter > Mike Griffin
Proud Life Member of the Ordonez Kajukenbo Ohana
http://www.cqbkajukenbo.com/

Offline onephatboydave

• BlackBelt
  • Blue Belt
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2014, 10:06:43 AM »
I had heard jojo Bautista was also promoted to GM. So congratulations to him also.

Tony Ramos Kajukenbo

Offline envisiontj

• BlackBelt
  • Brown Belt
  • Thanks Jeff and Boogie!!
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014, 12:20:17 PM »
It is my understanding, I wasn't there, that the KSDI has given out a few of the Senior Grandmaster titles to recognize certain individuals.  I do not know the criteria required, etc.  I believe GM Al Delacruz and GM Carlos Bunda got that title also, among others.  And correct, Professor Joe Bautista was awarded the title of Grandmaster also.  I haven't seen a full list of promotions yet and am curious also so I may congratulate them.
Sifu Trent Junker
Realm Of The Tiger Kajukenbo - Portland, OR
Under GM Gerry Scott

Offline GEORGE LIM

• Senior Black Belt
  • Yellow Belt
    • Lim Kenpo Karate LLC
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2014, 02:42:12 PM »
Aloha.

Apologies if I missed anyone and/or misspelling of names. Please correct as necessary
Respectfully from memory:

Senior Grandmasters

SGM Carlos Bunda
SGM Al Dela Cruz
SGM Max Togisala
SGM Tony Bowles
SGM Janice Somera

Grandmasters

GM Girlie Abad
GM Rhonda Armenta Forbach  (promoted by GM Gary Forbach)
GM Joseph Bautista
GM Tim Bowles
GM Rodney Alo

Mahalo. Respectfully
George Lim

George Lim
LIM Karate LFMA Lim Family Martial Arts
Grandmaster. Hawaii Kenpo, Kajukenbo

Offline onephatboydave

• BlackBelt
  • Blue Belt
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2014, 03:20:58 PM »
Congratulations to all the above. 
Tony Ramos Kajukenbo

Offline Zenshi

• Senior Black Belt
  • Yellow Belt
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2014, 06:10:07 PM »
These GMs were also honored:
SGM George Pauly Seronio
SGM Henry Mandac
SGM Alan Reyes
SGM Emil Bautista
And there was one more GM promotion:
GM Bobby Rimando

Greetings, I want to provide clarity on the honoring of KSDI SGMs by the KSDI. The title was an honor bestowed upon these GMs and not a promotion. It gives no authority to give promotions to their rank of 9th degree, it does not give any higher authority to the recipient. This action comes from over one year of dialogue with many KSDI leaders before being adopted.

To be very clear about this title, an excerpt of the nomination and follow up letter will follow. Some GMs declined the nomination for personal but honorable reasons. The nominees were chosen from those who were at one time or another placed into positions of leadership by Sijo. This is indirectly his list. The goal is to honor our senior leaders.

Nominee Letter:
Senior Grand Master DeChi Emperado and the Kajukenbo Self-Defense Institute is honored to inform you, that you have been selected to be recognized as a Kajukenbo Self-Defense Institute Sr. Grand Master 9th degree! If you accept this nomination the title of K.S.D.I. SR. GRAND MASTER will be bestowed upon you at the  K.S.D.I. World Championships in Las Vegas Nevada on July11-12,  2014.
If you are unable make this event please inform SGM DeChi of who may receive on your behalf. Unlike many other organizational Honors or Halls of Fame, the K.S.D.I. has no fees for this earned title for it cannot be bought; it is for the select few that have earned special recognition by a lifetime of dedication to K..S.D.I. The “Title” of Senior Grand Master is not a rank promotion but a special honor for the endless contributions that you have given Sijo, the Emperado family, Kajukenbo, and the K.S.D.I. throughout the years.  As the K.S.D.I. moves into a new generation of excellence and support for Kajukenbo we are fortunate to have your loyalty past, present, and future.

Follow up letter:
As you know  you have been nominated to be recognized as a Kajukenbo Self-Defense Institute Sr. Grand Master! We are honored to have those of you who have accepted this title and for those of you who have respectfully declined, your contributions to Kajukenbo are no less notable.

The  “Title” of  K.S.D.I. Senior Grand Master is a special honor for the endless contributions that you have given Sijo, the Emperado family, Kajukenbo, and the K.S.D.I.  It is an honoring that will recognize your commitment throughout the years. This is about your standing in Sijo’s lineage and contribution to Kajukenbo.  We realize that specific lineages (Reyes, Ramos, Leoning, Halbuna, Gaylord, etc.) may have their own recognition of SGMs as do different Kajukenbo organizations (KAA, KNF, KSDI, etc) which the K.S.D.I. greatly respects.  However;  the “K.S.D.I. Senior Grand Master”  has been adopted as a recognition of direct contribution to  Sijo, SGM DeChi, the K.S.D.I. organization, and the Emperado family.

The K.S.D.I.  SGM title  has been developed after over 1 year of work in trying to find the best  way to honor GM’s that Sijo himself, at one time or another, had placed in leadership positions. The list of nominees stems from original 9th degree GMs, the variations of BOAs,  and the few that were involved in the early years as Kajukenbo was developed. This list is truly the  best and should be recognized as such. The K.S.D.I. has decided  that Sijo will take top honor as founder as well as the K.S.D.I.’s Great Grand Master 10th degree red and gold belt. From there the honored title of  K.S.D.I. Senior Grand Master 9th degree red and Silver belt will be bestowed upon individuals who have made significant contributions and have dedicated themselves to Kajukenbo.

We should always honor those who paved the way "Mahalo" to all of them

Glen
Glen Fraticelli
KSDI (indef) #2090
Western Boxing 1968-
Choi Li Fat/Huk-Hu Gung Fu 1973-1977
Kajukenbo since 1975-
JFJKD #1291 1999-2002

Offline Al rimando

• Senior Black Belt
  • White Belt
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2014, 10:35:32 PM »
A BIG SHOUT & Congratulations to all. A Special Congratulation to my Nephew Bobby Rimando on his promotion to the rank of Grand Master. A promotion well deserved.

Ohana,
(gmal)Uncle, Alex

Offline GEORGE LIM

• Senior Black Belt
  • Yellow Belt
    • Lim Kenpo Karate LLC
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2014, 10:48:38 AM »
Congratulations to GM Bobby Rimando! And ALL the GM's that were promoted & acknowledged.
Congratulations to ALL the SGM's that were acknowledged with their title & Special Honor.
Well deserved. Thank you for all you do!

Respectful Appreciation,
George Lim
George Lim
LIM Karate LFMA Lim Family Martial Arts
Grandmaster. Hawaii Kenpo, Kajukenbo

Offline DProsser

• BlackBelt
  • Blue Belt
  • Psalm 144:1
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2014, 03:13:09 PM »
Congratulations to all the promotions and honors awarded.  Personally, to my Instructor, Grand Master Bobby Rimando, It was a privledge and an honor to watch the presentation.  As GM Al Rimando said, a promotion well deserved!!!

Kaju Rocks
Deb Prosser
GM Bobby Rimando, Instr.
SGM Alex Rimando
Rimando Martial Arts, Las Vegas, Nv

Offline GForbach

• Gary Forbach
  • Senior Moderator
  • Blue Belt
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2014, 02:29:57 PM »
I want to make a correction to the post by GM Lim.
Rhonda 'Forbach' Armenta was not promoted to GM by me.
I had promoted her to Professor, not that she doesn't deserve it, but that promotion
Would be by the KSDI BOA and not me alone. Congratulations
to everyone promoted.
Mahalo and Aloha, GM Gary Forbach
Gary Forbach, 9th Degree Original Method Kajukenbo under GM Aleju Reyes and Sijo A.D. Emperado

sgns1173

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2014, 02:20:02 AM »
Aloha,

Congratulations to Professor Rhonda on her promotion.  It was a pleasure to have lunch with her and her grandson, along with GM Clarence Luna Emperado & Professor Don Crummer.  Mahalo GM Forbach, a promotion well deserved. 

Gerry Scott

Offline GForbach

• Gary Forbach
  • Senior Moderator
  • Blue Belt
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2014, 08:21:32 PM »
Mahalo GM Scott,  she should be a GM but I want her promoted by the BOA.
She is a National Forms Champion and fighter from the 70's as welk as the late Great Grandmaster Aleju Reyes first female Black Belt!  She taught alk my guys who are Professors now!  She broke many groin cups in my school with her front snap kick.
I want her promoted by the KSDI BOA under Sijos requirements, not $.
:-)  Aloha, GM Gary Forbach
Gary Forbach, 9th Degree Original Method Kajukenbo under GM Aleju Reyes and Sijo A.D. Emperado