Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/kajukenb/public_html/cafe/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
TUM PAI SELF DEFENSE TECHNIQUES

Author Topic: TUM PAI SELF DEFENSE TECHNIQUES  (Read 7709 times)

Offline BB54

• Senior Black Belt
  • Blue Belt
  • A man's own ego will kill him before any enemy.
TUM PAI SELF DEFENSE TECHNIQUES
« on: January 08, 2004, 02:42:17 PM »
This tech with the palm strikes to the elbows is used as a defense to a two handed lapel grab with a push in the Tum Pai section.  It is classified as Basic Trick #1.  

Attacker steps forward w/L. foot and grabs lapel with both hands and pushes defender back.
#1. While stepping back(or being pushed back actually) with L. foot double palm strike just above the elbows.
#2. Then while stepping back w/R. foot to about 5 O'clock at same time L. hand chop to throat and R.hand in a fist bring back inside and through attackers L. hand breaking grip.
#3. After L. hand chop to throat grab attackers .R. arm at bicep/tricep area..  And R. hand vertical punch to sternum or solar plexus.
#4. R. foot kick to groin bringing back to where L. foot was using switch step to bring L. foot back to 7 o'clock.
#5. With L. hand controlling attackers R. arm R. hand grab attacker by throat and while lowering your stance rotate to the left taking down attacker and finish him.

Our #3 B.T. is for defense of the stiff arm double lapel grab. (no push)
#1.  Drop center of gravity. (lower your stance).  This does the same thing as bending backward at the waist without comprimising balance or leverage.
#2.  At same time step L. foot back to 7 o'clock and bring left hand over both arms grabbing the L. hand of attacker sucking his arms into your chest.  Then as L. foot lands bring R. hand over both arms and hammerfist to attackers R. bicep. while twisting into a horse stance.
#3. R. hand hammer to the jaw ar neck grabbing the attackers R. shoulder, collar or even hair put your R. forearm against his face and twist him counter clockwise to expose his R. leg and off balance him some more.  R. foot reverse stomp to the side of attackers R. knee for the take down.

Tum Pai Technique provided by guardian.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2004, 02:48:32 PM by BB54 »
Brian Bruce Baxter. 8th Degree Black Belt Kajukenbo (Gaylord Method).  3rd Degree Black Belt Tracy's Kenpo Karate. 3rd Degree Black Belt Aikijitsu. 2nd Degree Black Belt Mu Duk Kwan.  22 years experience Yang Tai Chi Chuan.

Offline Mell

• BlackBelt
  • Blue Belt
  • www.watchthelamb.com
    • Watch the Lamb Ministries
Re:TUM PAI SELF DEFENSE TECHNIQUES
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2004, 09:14:17 PM »
I have a question about the BT#1.

On movement #1, the "Double Palm stike just above the elbows"  Is that an upward strike underneath the attackers arms or is that over the top of the arms to the bicep area?

BT#3 is very similar to Orginial Method Grab Counter #4.  The ending is different.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2004, 09:15:47 PM by Mell »
Sibak Mellody Porter
ANDERSON MARTIAL ARTS - Grafton, Ohio
www.ohiokajukenbo.com
www.watchthelamb.com

Offline guarded

• BlackBelt
  • Blue Belt
  • He who hesitates, meditates; horizontally!
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2004, 12:40:46 AM »
Mell,

The double palm strike is done to the under side of the arms at the elbows.  Not only is it a distraction but it locks out the elbows which takes away a lot of strenth from the attacker.  The left hand then comes over the top from the outside of the arm for the throat chop.
Jerry Guard
Kajukenbo Tum Pai Brown/Black Sash under Prof. Steve Larson          My everyday stance is my fighting stance.  My fighting stance is my everyday stance.

Offline Mell

• BlackBelt
  • Blue Belt
  • www.watchthelamb.com
    • Watch the Lamb Ministries
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2004, 08:37:46 PM »
Thank you!

I appreciate your effort to write out the techiques.  It allows those of us from other branches of the family too see how techinques differ and yet have similarities.  
Sibak Mellody Porter
ANDERSON MARTIAL ARTS - Grafton, Ohio
www.ohiokajukenbo.com
www.watchthelamb.com

Offline iron mongoose

• BlackBelt
  • Yellow Belt
Re: TUM PAI SELF DEFENSE TECHNIQUES
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 11:39:51 PM »
why are the tecniques called tricks?  i am very interested in Kajukembo  and am trying to pick up the lingo
tom martin
Arts: sho shu  white dragon 
Kajukenbo : Black Belt under Grandmaster Harper

that which does not kill you  ..only makes you stronger

sleddog

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 02:44:08 PM »
The Japanese word "waza" translated in the old Judo and jiu Jitsu books (pre WWII) as "tricks" in English even though now we more accurately translate it as "technique".

Actually, since the Kodenkan (Professor Okazaki's Kodenkan Danzan Ryu) dojo existed from that time period (and used those terms), and since it had a profound influence on GM's Mitose and Chow, and because two of Kajukenbo's founders (Holck and Ordonez) were trained there it is not hard to see where the use of the word might have come from.

LOYALONEHK

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2008, 05:30:46 PM »
The Japanese word "waza" translated in the old Judo and jiu Jitsu books (pre WWII) as "tricks" in English even though now we more accurately translate it as "technique".

Actually, since the Kodenkan (Professor Okazaki's Kodenkan Danzan Ryu) dojo existed from that time period (and used those terms), and since it had a profound influence on GM's Mitose and Chow, and because two of Kajukenbo's founders (Holck and Ordonez) were trained there it is not hard to see where the use of the word might have come from.

Very interesting...  Thank you GM, I learned something new today.   8) ;D