Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/kajukenb/public_html/cafe/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
New Officers for KOA in 2014

Author Topic: New Officers for KOA in 2014  (Read 2060 times)

Offline cirillo

• Moderators
  • Blue Belt
    • Wun Hop Kuen Do
New Officers for KOA in 2014
« on: January 17, 2014, 08:49:42 PM »
Posted at the request of KOA-------

The new KOA Kajukenbo Ohana Association Officers are:
GM Jerry Weldon, KOA President
GM Robert New, KOA Vice President
GM Bob Heuer, KOA Secretary
Professor Geoff Albert, KOA Treasurer
GM Gabe Vargas, Communication Director
Sifu John Sasan, Event Director
Sifu Sonny Pabuaya, Director KOA Charters
Sifu Jeffrey D. Cirillo,  7th Degree Black belt in Wun Hop Kuen Do under GM Al Dacascos and 3rd Degree in FaChuan (Blossom Fist) under Sifu Bill Owens with over 35 years experience in the martial arts.
College Station, TX

Offline Ghost Rider

• Senior Moderator
  • Brown Belt
  • Live hard & Die fast
    • Kajupit.com
Re: New Officers for KOA in 2014
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 02:44:33 PM »
Would you please pass along a message to the KOA.
When GM Sotelo and I made it clear why we wanted nothing to do with KOA we were slandered by the person in charge.
When we responded with slander we were threatened with legal action.
We have nothing to do with KOA and do not want to be involved or associated with them in any way.
My photo and GM Sotelo are both on the list of GM?S, this gives the impression that we are involved with KOA and we are NOT!
I have asked multiple times over the past few years to be taken off the KOA mailing list and even though I have been told every time, no problem we will remove your name.
I still receive KOA email all the time, to my face book page, my web site and my personal email.
All I am asking is for the KOA to simply leave me off their mailing list and to take my picture off of their web site.
If GM Sotelo and I are such pieces of crap and phony martial artists then why do they keep bothering us? Just leave us alone.
This message is also to everyone that is involved with KOA.
Do not send me anything to do with KOA or I will block your email or remove you as a friend on my face book.
Greg Harper
senior instructor, Gumataotao Kajukenbo
Head instructor, Kajupit MMA
Sijo Emperado's personal body guard

Offline cirillo

• Moderators
  • Blue Belt
    • Wun Hop Kuen Do
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 07:22:34 PM »

I forwarded your message to the people that asked me to post the KOA announcement.  I am assuming that they will know who it should be sent to.

Sorry to hear your problems with KOA.  In the past, I haven't had any negative interactions with them.  The KOA representatives that I have met have treated me fine and I haven't gotten a bunch of spam from them.

I always feel obligated to post on the cafe whenever someone asks me to, as long as the post is not against the guidelines.  Hopefully the post is not a problem.

Hopefully your wishes to be removed from their mail lists will be honored.  That is the way it should be, in my opinion.

I am happy to forward them any other information you want, not sure it will help, but that's the way it is.
Sifu Jeffrey D. Cirillo,  7th Degree Black belt in Wun Hop Kuen Do under GM Al Dacascos and 3rd Degree in FaChuan (Blossom Fist) under Sifu Bill Owens with over 35 years experience in the martial arts.
College Station, TX

Offline Ghost Rider

• Senior Moderator
  • Brown Belt
  • Live hard & Die fast
    • Kajupit.com
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 10:41:40 PM »
Thank you very much for your assistance in this matter.
I have always corresponded with Mike Sandos in the past.
Glad you are having a positive experience.
Greg Harper
senior instructor, Gumataotao Kajukenbo
Head instructor, Kajupit MMA
Sijo Emperado's personal body guard

Offline cirillo

• Moderators
  • Blue Belt
    • Wun Hop Kuen Do
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 05:37:21 PM »

The response I got from them was something like, ...they were not aware that there were any materials on the website on them (meaning you both, I am leaving names off here on purpose).  They are working on the request to check if there is anything there and remove it.  There might be something in the history for the site, but they will try to correct and pull anything that is there.

It looks like this may have solved the problem.  I hope that is the case.

Glad to help, if I can.
College Station, TX