Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/kajukenb/public_html/cafe/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Angry Kaju Parent

Author Topic: Angry Kaju Parent  (Read 9474 times)

Offline kajufistsonny

• BlackBelt
  • White Belt
  • KAJU 4 LIFE.......NOT JUST A SAYING
    • Beasley" Kajukenbo Martial Arts
Re: Angry Kaju Parent
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2012, 05:55:58 PM »
I  think I  read just now  that  parent put it on a consumer complaint website? So now she  wants to  hurt my business  over water...Is there something else driving her . Why not discuss it with me  the instructor  I have been nothing but nice , kind and respectful  to them and all Ohana.

Thanks for the info and Input

Sifu Sonny Beasley
Sifu G. Sonny Beasley  3rd Degree
Emperado  Method
John Leoning Leneage
Senior GM Carlos Bunda
Instructor  GM Rick Kingi

Offline Patrick Campbell

• Sifu
  • BlackBelt
  • Brown Belt
  • Train the way you fight!
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2012, 06:28:29 PM »
It's unfortunate that there are these types of vindictive people in the world but there are. Count it as a wash and drive on with your business. I do think having the parents sign a behavioral contract is humerous but actually something that could weed out some potential parental problems. I teach only military and police officers - very few civilians - and only 2 kids so I am no expert on the commercial endeavors. This will probably change in the near future and this incident just serves as a friendly reminder of the types of issues we may encounter.

Patrick
Patrick "Kaponookalani" Campbell, Ph.D.
KAJUKENBO - Professor Kai Li - ETS / HKA
Kenpo - SGM Rick Alemany 
DZR Jujitsu - ETS / AJI
BJJ - ETS / USFBJJ / Master Joe Moreira
Combat Sambo - ETS / GCA / GM Alan New 
JKD / Kun Tao - ETS / IMB / G. Savelli
Royal Hawaiian Lua - ETS PA / Olohe Eli

Offline John Bishop

• Senior Black Belt
  • Black Belt
  • Seek Knowledge, Not Rank
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2012, 06:36:46 PM »
I  think I  read just now  that  parent put it on a consumer complaint website? So now she  wants to  hurt my business  over water...Is there something else driving her . Why not discuss it with me  the instructor  I have been nothing but nice , kind and respectful  to them and all Ohana.

Thanks for the info and Input

Sifu Sonny Beasley

Here's the link:  http://beasleys-kajukenbo.pissedconsumer.com/martial-arts-discipline-turned-into-disrespect-20121128362954.html
John Bishop  8th Degree-Original Method 
Under Grandmaster Gary Forbach
K.S.D.I. # 478, FMAA

"You watch, once I'm gone, all the snakes will start popping their heads up!"  Sijo Emperado

Offline Expose the Root Project

• BlackBelt
  • White Belt
  • A story to strengthen the future!
    • http://expsosetheroot.com
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2012, 07:01:32 PM »
Society today is a whole new breed! When I trained in the early 90's my instructor would yell at the student and then turn and yell at the parent if they were in the class watching. Everyone is feels more empowered in today's society, some times I feel too much! Parents need to respect the instructors wishes of the instructors OWN DOJO/ Kwoon. The best thing to do I feel is to tell the parent there is a time and place to talk about the issue at hand, not right then and there in front of peers. It really disrupts the hierarchy of the dojo when a parent bad mouths the Owner/ Instructor in front of the class. Parents bring their children to martial arts because they can not provide what we instructors teach to their children. Martial arts is a business but it is a unique business and it is not easy to find a good instructor to properly discipline the student. I feel sometimes that the parent needs the training more than the student. The best advice I have to give is tell the parent "there is a time and place for personal conversation and right now this is not the time or the place".
Sifu Lucas Sullivan
4th Degree Black Belt
Ramos Lineage/GM Emil Bautista Affiliate
Trained w/
Sifu Victor Mendiola
GM Calvin Shin
Sifu Dan "Bam Bam" Stell

Offline Ghost Rider

• Senior Moderator
  • Brown Belt
  • Live hard & Die fast
    • Kajupit.com
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2012, 08:57:31 PM »
Don't sweat it with her Sifu.
There will always be the parent that thinks they run everything but as you see by the responses here we back up your actions.
And the advice of being tactful while talking to the parents is given as general advice to all instructors.
My 9 year old granddaughter just finished up with cheerleading and there was a mother there that just got under my skin with her attitude.
Getting up and down, walking back and forth and speaking in a way that annoyed everyone, you could tell that she thought she knew more than anyone else how to be a coach.
I told my wife that if she kept it up I was going to put her and her husband in check and if they didn't like it I would just slap the stupid right off of their face.
Being with me since the age of 11 she knew I meant just what I said.
So she begged me to please not embarrass our granddaughter.
I sucked it up for my granddaughter but there will always be those people.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 08:59:12 PM by Ghost Rider »
Greg Harper
senior instructor, Gumataotao Kajukenbo
Head instructor, Kajupit MMA
Sijo Emperado's personal body guard

Offline KBOWARRIOR

• BlackBelt
  • Blue Belt
  • Train strong to remain strong/keep the flame alive
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2012, 10:30:04 PM »
Reading thru the information from everyone involved, sounds like you found out why the kid had problems. Learned behavior. Looks like you might need to put mom and kid into class.
Sifu Mark Wallace
Harper Kajukenbo
Visalia, California
Emperado Revised System

Offline kajufistsonny

• BlackBelt
  • White Belt
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2012, 12:35:03 AM »
Thanks again everyone.  GM Harper Mahalo  and I needed  to hear that thank you.
Emperado  Method
John Leoning Leneage
Senior GM Carlos Bunda

Offline Rick Kingi

• Senior Moderator
  • Blue Belt
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2012, 01:10:09 AM »
  This instructor is my student and I have a lot of respect for him and Yeah he teaches as I teach which is the very old school hardcore no bull poop way, yes we can make adjustment some time for parents and maybe try a nice way to put them in check but they brought there kid to us for a reason (not all childrend are brought because of problems) and now we have made the child a little better and once that happen the parents think it over and now wants us to be a nice and change what got the child to this better point. Nothing happens overnight with any child or young adult and once you give a inch then they will take a mile and I have seen this many of times I have parent come to me because there child was in trouble in school and at home and once we start getting hard on the students and he starts to turn around for the better the parent forget what got them there and then begin to say you are to hard on him or her and then drop out of the school, six months later they are back because the child got worse and now we have to start it all over again..I hope the parent takes a little time to rethink this hold thing over and I have had my school 32 years now and I would just ask them to leave since they couldn't just come to me instead of doing what they did....I love you brother and keep the Kingi's Kajukenbo way of teaching and for sure I am proud of you...GM Rick Kingi and Thank you all for your support..

Offline kajufistsonny

• BlackBelt
  • White Belt
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2012, 04:13:06 PM »
Mahalo GM King,

My Family and Students salute you, Thank you Sir for being there for your Affiliate Dojo. I teach the way I was taught. Thank you always ,

Much Respect and Love Sir ,

Your Student

G.Sonny Beasley
Emperado  Method
John Leoning Leneage
Senior GM Carlos Bunda

Offline Greg Hoyt

• BlackBelt
  • Blue Belt
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2012, 10:08:57 PM »
Yup, just another example why we don't line up with the mcdojo's out there.  We make it plain to all our students that the door swings both ways....in and out. 
Sifu Greg Hoyt
Hoyt's Kajukenbo, Peoria, Arizona
Under Sigung Trent Sera, Professor Kailani Koa
Train Hard - Fight Dirty

Offline kajufistsonny

• BlackBelt
  • White Belt
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2012, 01:45:39 PM »
 They scheduled a meeting with me yesterday  no show. Also text one of the other parents  They  would not be back.  and unfriended   me on face book. :o       The door and friend button works both ways.
Emperado  Method
John Leoning Leneage
Senior GM Carlos Bunda