Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/kajukenb/public_html/cafe/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Kajukenbo in Portugal

Author Topic: Kajukenbo in Portugal  (Read 10054 times)

NickS

Re: Kajukenbo in Portugal
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2012, 05:41:06 PM »
Mahalo for your post GM Harper. Very well done. I totally agree.
This thread started out with a very positive message, and it was hijacked by the usual suspect(s), with their own personal agenda.
All that negative stuff needs to be settled somewhere else.
Aloha.

Offline grand master hemenes

• Senior Black Belt
  • Blue Belt
  • grand master hemenes
    • hemeneskajukenbo.com
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2012, 07:56:21 PM »
this is my option when great grand master Gaylord promoted sigung Bruno to 7th degree there's people out there that disapproved of his promotion, well I think great grand master Gaylord was 100 percent right on with this promotion I could not see a better person to represent kajukenbo in europe as sigung Bruno as he just proved by bringing all the grand masters together  and a tournament that brought thousands from all over the world, there has not been a tournament like this since ed parkers international in the 70's so my hats off to sigung Bruno and im very proud to call you my kajukenbo brother........................

GRAND MASTER HEMENES   AND  GRAND MASTER SID LOPEZ
GRAND MASTER HEMENES
GREAT GRAND MASTER GAYLORD
KOA MEMBER............

Offline KajuJKDFighter

• Senior Moderator
  • Black Belt
  • "Accept the things to which fate binds you"
    • Bono's Jeet Kune Do and Kajukenbo
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2012, 09:26:53 PM »
So I guess you must have all the info....ok whatever you say is fine...
GM John E Bono DC
9th Degree Grand Master Gaylord Method Kajukenbo
Full Instructor-Hartsell's Jeet Kune Do Grappling Assoc
Chief Instructor Bono's Jeet Kune Do/Kajukenbo
Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them a desire,a dream,a vision

Offline Robert New

• Senior Black Belt
  • White Belt
    • Kajukenbo Family
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2012, 02:07:28 AM »
Aloha, I won't dumpster dive in the middle of all that is going on because of legal issues. This post is getting a bit boring and I'm hoping we can salvage what's left of GM Kingi Post.  I can say this event was a success.  Our KAJUKENBO Brothers and Sisters came together as one BIG FAMILY.  We all contributed to the event which made it exciting to all who attended.  GM Kai Li open the ceremony performing the Haka and presenting Portugal with a piece of the islands tieing Portugal to Hawaii.
In addition, there were 16,000 spectators and 3,926 participants from over 34 countries.  The networks televised to over 50,000 viewers, the name KAJUKENBO.  KAJUKENBO became a big name at the event. 

I hope more of our Grand Masters, Professors and Students make it to the 2013 ICKKF All Styles World Championship in Fatima, Portugal. 

Mahalo,
GM New
GM Robert New
Under GM Al Dela Cruz, KSDI Chuan Fa
ICKKF Board of Advisor
Kajukenbo Ohana Association
Ordonez Kajukenbo Ohana

Offline Patrick Campbell

• Sifu
  • BlackBelt
  • Brown Belt
  • Train the way you fight!
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2012, 02:35:46 AM »
Thanks GM New. I think that really puts it all in the right perspective.

Pat
Patrick "Kaponookalani" Campbell, Ph.D.
KAJUKENBO - Professor Kai Li - ETS / HKA
Kenpo - SGM Rick Alemany 
DZR Jujitsu - ETS / AJI
BJJ - ETS / USFBJJ / Master Joe Moreira
Combat Sambo - ETS / GCA / GM Alan New 
JKD / Kun Tao - ETS / IMB / G. Savelli
Royal Hawaiian Lua - ETS PA / Olohe Eli

Offline Aloha Aina

• BlackBelt
  • Blue Belt
  • Sifu Renato Bernardino
    • Kajukenbo Portugal
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2012, 03:18:23 AM »
Congratulations! the only thing I can add....

:D
Sifu Renato Bernardino

Under GM Angel Garcia
Kajukenbo Portugal
www.kajukenbo.pt

Offline cirillo

• Moderators
  • Blue Belt
    • Wun Hop Kuen Do
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2012, 01:04:51 PM »

Emanuel Beetencourt(Gm Dacascos Rep.) made it in Germany for so many years now with the same roots...he says in interview that his style is WHKD....Kung Fu style he says...but he's solid in what he's doin' for many years...

Malama Ohana!! Malama Kajukenbo!

I am trying to understand what you are trying to say here, but you mention Sifu Emanuel Bettencourt.  He is Wun Hop Kuen Do (WHKD) - Kajukenbo from GM Dacascos for many years.  Currently he is 7th degree.  We often refer to WHKD as a Kung Fu style to differentiate it from the traditional Karate systems, since people often want to understand what WHKD is.  We consider this an appropriate statement, since Kung Fu just means hard work, so if you clean toilets, you could say that you do Toilet Kung Fu.

I make this statement because you are bringing the name of one of our well-respected WHKD black belts into a relatively negative and controversial set of posts.  I am assuming that you meant no disrespect, but I would appreciate it if you could not refer to WHKD instructors and/or practitioners when making any of your points that really have no relationship to WHKD or our instructors.

Thank you for not including us in your future posts.
Sifu Jeffrey D. Cirillo,  7th Degree Black belt in Wun Hop Kuen Do under GM Al Dacascos and 3rd Degree in FaChuan (Blossom Fist) under Sifu Bill Owens with over 35 years experience in the martial arts.
College Station, TX

Offline Rick Kingi

• Blue Belt
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2012, 06:29:47 PM »
   Enough is enough Sifu Renato Bernardino you have disrepected all the Grand  Master's that were in Portugal you have disrepect Kajukenbo KSDI and it is time to stop, no one said That Sigun Bruno was the only Kajukenbo in Portugal and no has disrepected you or your instructor GM Garica, we know that he represent Sijo's KSDI and I have always repected him as a KAJUKENBO BROTHER but all this crap needs to stop, we saw what we saw and you or anybody else can not change what was said in the first post. You can cause more harm for you and GM Garcia by doing what you are doing now most of us just want to see Kajukenbo grow all over the world, you had a chance to come to his event and talk with him or us that would have been your best move then, and now it is over this Cafe is for good news a real man would have gone face to face with this problem not start a bunch of crap. What's next ?????

Yes I have remove your post and hope you understand this is not a place for you to vent personal attacks on a person that should be done face to face for you to sit down and talk to him I am tired of all the disrepect to me and the other Grand Masters that were there in Portugal why make life hard for us to get along with each other, as I told GM Garica you did a great job representing him in Carlsbad at GM Lims seminar. Keep up what hou are doing in Portugal and help Kajukenbo grow we don't have to like each other but we should repect what we are doing for Kajukenbo.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 06:42:51 PM by Rick Kingi »

Offline Aloha Aina

• BlackBelt
  • Blue Belt
  • Sifu Renato Bernardino
    • Kajukenbo Portugal
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2012, 04:39:14 AM »

Emanuel Beetencourt(Gm Dacascos Rep.) made it in Germany for so many years now with the same roots...he says in interview that his style is WHKD....Kung Fu style he says...but he's solid in what he's doin' for many years...

Malama Ohana!! Malama Kajukenbo!

I am trying to understand what you are trying to say here, but you mention Sifu Emanuel Bettencourt.  He is Wun Hop Kuen Do (WHKD) - Kajukenbo from GM Dacascos for many years.  Currently he is 7th degree.  We often refer to WHKD as a Kung Fu style to differentiate it from the traditional Karate systems, since people often want to understand what WHKD is.  We consider this an appropriate statement, since Kung Fu just means hard work, so if you clean toilets, you could say that you do Toilet Kung Fu.

I make this statement because you are bringing the name of one of our well-respected WHKD black belts into a relatively negative and controversial set of posts.  I am assuming that you meant no disrespect, but I would appreciate it if you could not refer to WHKD instructors and/or practitioners when making any of your points that really have no relationship to WHKD or our instructors.

Thank you for not including us in your future posts.

I just made this statement to say that a man like SIfu Emanuel works long time with good path in Germany and even doesn't make such an importance to refer himself as Kajukenbo...either way his 7th degree is a workfull one...respect...and all this years there was no problems with WHKD nor Kajukembo so it isn't a matter of us wanting full control but respecting the way people follow a path...if it is a right one that's great...

Gm Kingi, I'll make no more staments  in this post, people have the right to agree with your point of view of Kajukenbo growth and don't want to know the history beside it...it is a right and I wasn't coming to this discussion with the perspective of taking it away...Anyway I have no problems on meeting people and train with them... the thing is that this problems started early 2010 and e-mails were chanched to try understand each other....
My posts here are useless once people understand that they are supporting persons and know their history....not so useless for those with doubts about how to get Kajukenbo representation and high ranks with some seminars...and not so useless for those who wanted to see an equal way on Kajukenbo Portocol on promotions and representatives.

Sorry if I make waves and people get me in a bad way but this is the price I must pay to be sincere with my belifs in life....it's hard for me but I carry my burden.
Once again Sir, I wasn't teaching in Carlsbad, that was Renshi Pedro from Kosho Ryu.

Much Mahalo,

Sifu Renato
Sifu Renato Bernardino

Under GM Angel Garcia
Kajukenbo Portugal
www.kajukenbo.pt

Offline Ghost Rider

• Senior Moderator
  • Brown Belt
  • Live hard & Die fast
    • Kajupit.com
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2012, 04:44:40 PM »
So can soeone split this post so it can get back on track.
The track of positive growth and brotherhood.
I understand not likeing someone, I think we all know that.
I understand that not everything in Kajukenbo is going to go my way and I'm seldom going to be happy with the direction of things.
all I can do is try and bring as much positive energy to our art as I can.
many of you may say you are happy and there is no problems in Kajukenbo.
Well I'm sorry to say that you just don't have the required information then.
I am very well informed and seldom speak if I don't have the facts first.
I also understand that my job is to do my best and thats all I can do.
if some of us put the wasted energy they use in a negitive manner into a positive manner we would all be much better off.
Aloha
and if we can't do that then we allways have the age old choice of WAR.
Greg Harper
senior instructor, Gumataotao Kajukenbo
Head instructor, Kajupit MMA
Sijo Emperado's personal body guard

Offline Rick Kingi

• Blue Belt
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2012, 04:24:06 PM »
  You are right that was sifu Pedro Porem and he did a great Job, sorry about mixing you up...I understand how you fell just keep teaching and representing Kajukenbo and help it grow..no hard fellings.

Offline Aloha Aina

• BlackBelt
  • Blue Belt
  • Sifu Renato Bernardino
    • Kajukenbo Portugal
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2012, 05:14:28 AM »
Aloha & Mahalo GM Kingi
Sifu Renato Bernardino

Under GM Angel Garcia
Kajukenbo Portugal
www.kajukenbo.pt

Offline GM J. Willis

• Where we do more than just kick!!!
  • Senior Moderator
  • Blue Belt
    • Willis Kempo Kung-Fu School
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2012, 03:02:07 PM »
Today is also GM Kingi's birthday as well. So hapy birthday to both  8).
9th Degree Black Belt in Kajukenbo
6th Degree Black Belt in Jhoon Rhee Tae Kwon Do
K.S.D.I., member since 2006