Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/kajukenb/public_html/cafe/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Kajukenbo Issues - How do you feel?

Poll

Whether your a white belt or grandmaster, how do you feel on these issues?

There was only one Sijo in Kajukenbo: Emperado
131 (21.7%)
I wouldn't mind a senior Kajukenbo practitioner using the title Sijo
6 (1%)
Only the 5 founder's should be 10th degree red/black belts
72 (11.9%)
I think it's OK for other senior Kajukenbo practitioners to be ranked at 10th degree red/black belt
37 (6.1%)
I don't think black belts from other systems should be cross ranked into Kajukenbo
109 (18%)
It's OK to cross rank black belts from other systems into Kajukenbo
12 (2%)
I don't think a instructor should promote another instructor's black belt students
49 (8.1%)
I think it's OK for a instructor to promote another instructor's black belt student, if the black belt has been with the new instructor for at least a year
73 (12.1%)
I feel there should be set standards for 8th and 9th degrees, similar to the one's set by the K.S.D.I. B.O.A.
89 (14.7%)
I think a instructor or organization should promote whoever they want to 8th and 9th degree
26 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Author Topic: Kajukenbo Issues - How do you feel?  (Read 14905 times)

Offline kcerda

• White Belt
Re: Kajukenbo Issues - How do you feel?
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2012, 11:04:24 AM »
It is not a vote it is a poll. An opinion poll. Nothing undemocratic about anything Dan did.

Thanks Professor. Good point: no one is being elected, nor is policy being decided here.

Funny, so when American Congress decides about passing a law (no one is being elected there), is not democratic at all.
Sifu Kristov Cerda
Half Blood Hawaiian Kenpo - Chile, Southamerica.
OKO

Offline Danjo

• BlackBelt
  • Brown Belt
  • Kajukenbo Forever!
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2012, 11:09:32 AM »
I'm sure you are trying to say something here, but for the life of me I'm not sure what it is exactly.this is a discussion forum where everyone can express their views. What could be more "democratic" than that?
"Rank Without Honor is Nothing."
Dan Weston
3rd Degree Black Belt under Prof. Bishop
FMAA
Don't tell me how much you honor Sijo, if you don't respect his wishes.

Offline Dean Goldade

• Senior Black Belt
  • Blue Belt
  • Train hard & enjoy the ride!!!!
    • Goldade Kajukenbo Ohana
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2012, 11:16:25 AM »
With all due respect... Did you even read Professor Robs post?
This is opinion based.. Why do you try to bring politics into it?

We have enough issues to work thru.. Do what you do in your yard.. We will do what we do in our yard.. Let the BS go... If you continue, we realize that you have too much time on your hands, and that is cool.. But let those that have jobs do them without your badgering.... "Badgering = Giving a hard time.

Live your life in Europe... Train with GM Garcia.... But let the idea of us following you go!!
Take care my Kaju brother
Dean.

Student of the arts
www.austinkaju.com

Offline KajuJKDFighter

• Senior Moderator
  • Black Belt
  • "Accept the things to which fate binds you"
    • Bono's Jeet Kune Do and Kajukenbo
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2012, 11:19:34 AM »
I read this twice and don't understand it....Dan gave his opinion, we can agree or not whatever...not sure why the comment about it though...I couldn't find anything offensive about it......then the turkey analogy...and I love me a good analogy, didn't make sense to me....maybe it's me ...but I had two espressos so I'm good and awake and still....maybe I need another...
GM John E Bono DC
9th Degree Grand Master Gaylord Method Kajukenbo
Full Instructor-Hartsell's Jeet Kune Do Grappling Assoc
Chief Instructor Bono's Jeet Kune Do/Kajukenbo
Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them a desire,a dream,a vision

Offline kcerda

• White Belt
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2012, 11:57:14 AM »
It's OK, in analytical philosophy we use to like doing this kind of semantic and pragmatical distinctions  just to give people something to think about it  ;D. I apologize if that (and the continous irony)  bothers some of you, that wasnt the intention. Im not also a native english speaker, so maybe that affects the way I express myself in your language.

Prof. Bono: I would like to have an espresso too, hard to find good coffee here these days, and I'm an addict.
Sifu Kristov Cerda
OKO

Offline kcerda

• White Belt
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2012, 12:01:55 PM »

We have enough issues to work thru.. Do what you do in your yard.. We will do what we do in our yard.. Let the BS go... If you continue, we realize that you have too much time on your hands, and that is cool.. But let those that have jobs do them without your badgering.... "Badgering = Giving a hard time.

Live your life in Europe... Train with GM Garcia.... But let the idea of us following you go!!
Dean.

Dean, seems you forget about me. Im have never lived in Europe, and never trained under Garcia (that's almost an insult to me, bruddah). Read my signature, and maybe u would understand why I'm insisting in some points.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 12:09:45 PM by kcerda »
Sifu Kristov Cerda
OKO

Offline Danjo

• BlackBelt
  • Brown Belt
  • Kajukenbo Forever!
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2012, 12:40:45 PM »

Dean.

Dean, seems you forget about me. Im have never lived in Europe, and never trained under Garcia (that's almost an insult to me, bruddah). Read my signature, and maybe u would understand why I'm insisting in some points.

So how many hours have you logged in on the mat with Jason Groff then?
Dan Weston
FMAA

Offline KajuJKDFighter

• Senior Moderator
  • Black Belt
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2012, 01:20:30 PM »
Me to....I have a double boiler machine and make my own grinding fresh and all....GT
GM John E Bono DC
Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them a desire,a dream,a vision

Offline kcerda

• White Belt
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2012, 01:41:24 PM »

Dean.

Danjo, u keep get me wrong, bro. I was trying to remind Dean who I am (cuz seems he was confusing me with some of GM Garcia's boys),  and why i was concerned about the "democratic" stuff. I already apologize, u dont need to make it personal, and this is not the place for that anyway. If u need anything else from me, not related with the content of this topic, u always have the chance of doing via PM. If i ask something that i thought it was inappropiate (and you guys let me know that u think different), i didnt want to do something even more inappropiate by starting an negative argument. Am i being clear this time?
Sifu Kristov Cerda
OKO

Offline kcerda

• White Belt
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2012, 01:46:57 PM »
Me to....I have a double boiler machine and make my own grinding fresh and all....GT

Cool, that kind of machines are a little expensive here, mostly for restaurants and fancy coffee places. (Man, there's not even a Starbucks in my city). So i save some money time to time to go to a nice place and share some macchiatos and spressos with the university coleagues....otherwise i couldnt live anymore  :-\
Sifu Kristov Cerda
OKO

Offline Danjo

• BlackBelt
  • Brown Belt
  • Kajukenbo Forever!
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2012, 02:09:37 PM »

Dean.

Danjo, u keep get me wrong, bro. I was trying to remind Dean who I am (cuz seems he was confusing me with some of GM Garcia's boys),  and why i was concerned about the "democratic" stuff. I already apologize, u dont need to make it personal, and this is not the place for that anyway. If u need anything else from me, not related with the content of this topic, u always have the chance of doing via PM. If i ask something that i thought it was inappropiate (and you guys let me know that u think different), i didnt want to do something even more inappropiate by starting an negative argument. Am i being clear this time?

Fair enough.
Dan Weston
FMAA

Offline KajuJKDFighter

• Senior Moderator
  • Black Belt
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2012, 02:24:21 PM »
Yup they are but......well they are.....work great though.....it's all part of the training....(trying to rationalize it....)
GM John E Bono DC

JessieEscobedo

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2012, 09:33:04 PM »
I'm under GM Garcia.  ::)

Offline Aloha Aina

• BlackBelt
  • Blue Belt
  • Sifu Renato Bernardino
    • Kajukenbo Portugal
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2012, 04:44:30 AM »
Me too!!! ;)
Sifu Renato Bernardino

Under GM Angel Garcia
Kajukenbo Portugal
www.kajukenbo.pt

Offline Sifu Sin Bin

• Holy Cow, I am a
  • Senior Moderator
  • Black Belt
  • YOU SUCK, TRAIN HARDER
    • check it out
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2014, 02:04:13 PM »
There was only one Sijo in Kajukenbo: Emperado

104 (21.7%)I wouldn't mind a senior Kajukenbo practitioner using the title Sijo

4 (0.8%)Only the 5 founder's should be 10th degree red/black belts

60 (12.5%)I think it's OK for other senior Kajukenbo practitioners to be ranked at 10th degree red/black belt

27 (5.6%)I don't think black belts from other systems should be cross ranked into Kajukenbo

87 (18.2%)It's OK to cross rank black belts from other systems into Kajukenbo

9 (1.9%)I don't think a instructor should promote another instructor's black belt students

42 (8.8%)I think it's OK for a instructor to promote another instructor's black belt student, if the black belt has been with the new instructor for at least a year

55 (11.5%)I feel there should be set standards for 8th and 9th degrees, similar to the one's set by the K.S.D.I. B.O.A.

70 (14.6%)I think a instructor or organization should promote whoever they want to 8th and 9th degree

21 (4.4%)
Total Members Voted: 24
Professor Rob Peladeau
8th Degree - KSDI #672
Loyal Student and lifelong friend of
Grand Master Emil Bautista
NorCal Headquarters of K.S.D.I. Ambassador