Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/kajukenb/public_html/cafe/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
New Family Tree

Author Topic: New Family Tree  (Read 9987 times)

Offline Jason Goldsmith

• BlackBelt
  • Brown Belt
    • Tactical Kung Fu and MMA
Re: New Family Tree
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2011, 02:36:44 PM »
I have a 2010 tree, and can look when I get home and see if there are any changes from 2009.
Sifu Jason Goldsmith
5th Degree, Wun Hop Kuen Do Kung Fu
Under GM Al Dacascos
Instructor--WHKD
Durham NC and Philadelphia PA
www.tkfmma.com

Offline Jason Goldsmith

• BlackBelt
  • Brown Belt
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2011, 04:32:30 PM »
No changes from 2009 to 2010 until later on.
Sifu Jason Goldsmith
Under GM Al Dacascos
Instructor--WHKD
www.tkfmma.com

Offline Danjo

• BlackBelt
  • Brown Belt
  • Kajukenbo Forever!
"Rank Without Honor is Nothing."
Dan Weston
3rd Degree Black Belt under Prof. Bishop
FMAA
Don't tell me how much you honor Sijo, if you don't respect his wishes.

Offline Pat Regan

• BlackBelt
  • White Belt
    • Facebook: Pat Regan
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2011, 05:19:16 PM »
Group,

My purpose here is to gather information about existing Dacascos Family Tree publications; and to make my efforts known so those involved may be inclined to respond to me directly. 

Yes, there are errors; and yes, I do mean to correct them: with those involved, and with the people who compile the Kajukenbo Family Tree, in a respectful manner, through the proper channels, and at the proper time.

Meanwhile, thank you all for your input; you've been a great help.

VBR,

Pat

Gung Fu

Offline Jason Goldsmith

• BlackBelt
  • Brown Belt
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2011, 06:33:47 PM »
Pat,

You may want to chat with GM Gelinas directly; he is in charge of the Kajukenbo Family Tree, and from what he has said before, he keeps it as apolitical as possible.  I don't know his policy for rectifying errors, etc, so you really should speak with him. 

As for the official WHKD version, you have (from my 2007 list) as close to an "official" document as I know.  Sifu Mike Sandos probably has an updated version, that is more recent; you should speak with him about that. 

In regards to errors, what errors do you seen exactly?
Sifu Jason Goldsmith
Under GM Al Dacascos
Instructor--WHKD
www.tkfmma.com

Offline Pat Regan

• BlackBelt
  • White Belt
    • Facebook: Pat Regan
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2011, 05:24:25 AM »
Pat,

You may want to chat with GM Gelinas directly; he is in charge of the Kajukenbo Family Tree, and from what he has said before, he keeps it as apolitical as possible.  I don't know his policy for rectifying errors, etc, so you really should speak with him. 

As for the official WHKD version, you have (from my 2007 list) as close to an "official" document as I know.  Sifu Mike Sandos probably has an updated version, that is more recent; you should speak with him about that. 

In regards to errors, what errors do you seen exactly?

Jason,

I agree.  I got started on this project by communicating with Philip; and IMOHO he's the "go to guy" when it comes to the Family Tree.

And I have sent an email to Mike seeking his assistance in this project; so far, no reply.  Guess I'll try again.

About exactly what changes I see: anyone checking the published Trees and magazine articles over the years can see there's been a lot of variance between them.  But please understand: this is a sensitive issue for a lot of people I consider family.  I feel obliged to handle it with decorum and respect: and at this stage, I believe that involves issuing public notices of intent, gathering information, and consulting with Philip and others.  I think it would be premature for me to make a disclosure here before exhausting the methods presently in use.

All in good time, my friend.   :)

VBR,

Pat
Gung Fu