Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/kajukenb/public_html/cafe/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
9/10: Dog Brothers Gathering of The Pack Highlights Video clip

Author Topic: 9/10: Dog Brothers Gathering of The Pack Highlights Video clip  (Read 4339 times)

C-Kaju Dog

9/10: Dog Brothers Gathering of The Pack Highlights Video clip
« on: October 15, 2010, 10:38:59 AM »
Kajupit Fighter Sifu Dean "Kaju Dog" Webster makes highlight clip along with others...  Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTKqYkvmdkU

Thank you GM Harper for giving me the skills and mentorship to be able to "Survive The Day"

Woof-Wuff  8)

Offline Tony49

• Blue Belt
    • White Tiger Martial Arts Academy
Re: 9/10: Dog Brothers Gathering of The Pack Highlights Video clip
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 11:29:45 AM »
Cool Video, I liked the rubber hoses. :D
Antonio Lucero

Diony/Cacoy Canete > Alfredo Bandalan Sr.
Bandalan Doce Pares > Black Belt

Emperado > Tiwanak > Brown > Alfredo Bandalan Sr.
Bandalan Hawaiian Kenpo > Black Belt

Offline Ghost Rider

• Senior Moderator
  • Brown Belt
  • Live hard & Die fast
    • Kajupit.com
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 11:49:01 AM »
I love it!
This is the kind of stick fighting that I would like to see at Kajukenbo gatherings.
We are Kajukenbo, and we like to bang right?
We have Kajukenbo people like GM Gelinas, (Sled dog) Gints (Baltic dog) Dean (Kajudog) and the up & coming sifu Cordova that are part of the dog brothers.
If any of you would like to do this type of fighting at the kajukenbo events please send me a private email.
If we can’t do it at the Kajukenbo event then maybe we can do it on our own at another time.
Or we could get a group of people together and attend a dog brother event together.
I am not saying anything bad about the type of stick fighting that we have had at Kajukenbo events in the past, it is just not the type of stick fighting that I personally like.
The dog brothers have the right idea!
just like in Kajukenbo, when you fight anything goes, punch, kick, takedowns, ground fighting, hidden knife, rubber hose, or as Sijo would say,
Whatever.

Greg Harper
PS
GM Gelinas also has a couple of other guys that attend but I am not sure of their names.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 11:52:36 AM by Ghost Rider »
Greg Harper
senior instructor, Gumataotao Kajukenbo
Head instructor, Kajupit MMA
Sijo Emperado's personal body guard

Offline sifutimg

• Senior Black Belt
  • Blue Belt
  • Iron sharpens iron-so another man sharpens another
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2010, 12:29:52 PM »
Higher consciouness through harder contact Baby!!!
Professor Tim Gagnier
Student of Great Grandmaster Charles Gaylord & Grandmaster Sid Lopez
Chief Instructor Pacific Wind Kajukenbo
Student Forever
Yamhill, Oregon

Offline RizZ

• Blue Belt
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2010, 01:27:45 PM »
Sick Video....Dog Bros is like MMA on Roids....I've been training in Pekiti Tirsia for 4+ yrs and been stickfighting for like 9 months....slowly working the grappling n kicking/punching into it the sparring....So far I've mostly done single stick, trying to do more double stick but I get whooped in double stick by my teachers....Anyway, I went to a Kali tourney in Staten Island last month....tons of gear, and the fighting was point w/ some continuos.....I def kicked my opponents butt, but lost by decision - def pissed me off to lose when I worked this kid, but it happens - never point fighted before in anything, so I guess its not a surprise I didnt win....it was like a pillowfight with all the gear on, but tons of fun....who doesnt have fun at a pillowfight? 

My point is I've seen the fighting intent from both sides of the stickfighting spectrum...Both fun, but I know which one I eventually wanna be good at.  Keep the Dog Bros vids coming, its some excellent stuff....Thanks!
Scott Goldstein
Kajukenbo Black Belt - 1st Degree
Under Sifu Victor Ballesteros & Sifu Virgilio de Carvalho
Frontyard Fighting Arts - Nyack, NY

Lakan Isa
Pekiti-Tirsia Kali

Offline jcordova

• BlackBelt
  • Yellow Belt
  • "Never, ever underestimate others, respect.."
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2010, 03:20:53 PM »
GM Harper that is a great idea...Count me in.   :)
Sifu Jesus Cordova, 4th Degree
Under "Uncle" Ted Sotelo
Yuma, AZ

Offline c.chambers

• BlackBelt
  • Blue Belt
  • Sigung Curtis Chambers
    • Texarkana Kajukembo
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2010, 11:23:13 PM »
I really like this video and the realism.
Sigung Curtis Chambers. 6th degree blackbelt , American Kajukembo Asossiation member &  student of Professor James Cox.Head instructor in Texarkana Tx. Started Kajukembo "the Knight method" in 2006.

sleddog

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2010, 08:18:17 AM »
Way back in the early 90's at an IKA event in Oakland, I ran the stickfighting division. We ran it Dog Brothers style (limited armor). My buddy Arlan Sanford (Salty Dog) was there as he trained with GM Melcor Chavez at the time. We had all of 5-6 participants (rest thought we were a bit nuts). Hope more want to show up to this one.

I'm in.

PG