Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/kajukenb/public_html/cafe/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
This is a critical time for Kajukenbo.

Author Topic: This is a critical time for Kajukenbo.  (Read 13756 times)

Offline Ghost Rider

• Senior Moderator
  • Brown Belt
  • Live hard & Die fast
    • Kajupit.com
Re: This is a critical time for Kajukenbo.
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2009, 08:14:51 PM »
 8)
I will keep a running list of those who plan to attend the meeting and post it once we get a list going.
Even if we do not have a huge meeting we will show that we can come together as family and work together for a common goal.
Or who knows we may all get pissed and fight like hell.
I personally just want to know who wants to get along and who wants to do what.

Greg Harper
Greg Harper
senior instructor, Gumataotao Kajukenbo
Head instructor, Kajupit MMA
Sijo Emperado's personal body guard

Offline Ghost Rider

• Senior Moderator
  • Brown Belt
  • Live hard & Die fast
    • Kajupit.com
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2009, 10:52:22 PM »
Grandmaster Rick Kingi and I are the ones that decided to have the meeting and we deiced that Fresno was a fair location to everyone.
Remember this is a meeting for all Kajukenbo not just the bay area.
The location is Fresno that does not mean we have to have it at the school.
If we need a bigger location for the meeting then we will find a bigger place.
Professor Hemenes would you like us to look for a hall in Fresno
In an earlier post you said
(Let’s do it right lets get a hall if it’s a money thing let me know and I will pay for the hall)
I am fine with getting a hall if you want to pay for it.
Is it that you don’t want to have the meeting at the school or that you don’t want to have the meeting in Fresno?

No matter where we have the meeting there will be someone that is unhappy.
Like I said before I wish there was an easier way to do this.
I don’t want to argue with anyone anymore, that seems to be all we do.
Greg Harper

Offline Rick Kingi

• Blue Belt
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2009, 01:25:56 PM »
  the meeting has be set for January 9,2010 at Sigung Willis's school in Fresno CA, it would be nice to have it start early so we can have the whole day to talk about what's going on in Kajukenbo and not just one branch but all branches, this meeting is for you all of you and there is no one person that will have any last say this is open for all of US.  In order for Kajukenbo to be the greatest martial art system then it will only happen if we have one purpose of being united and spread the art over the world. I had a few calls about people being concerned that it was going to be just another shouting match and we as a group will not allow this WE will not allow it this is are meeting. We all come from one man and that is Sijo Emperado who created KSDI and we owe him and the Emperado Family our support.  Please let's make this a great meeting and bring your ideals your questions.

Much Love and Respect
GM Rick Kingi

Offline Ghost Rider

• Senior Moderator
  • Brown Belt
  • Live hard & Die fast
    • Kajupit.com
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2009, 12:02:40 PM »
If this meeting is going to be a success we need those of you who plan on attending to let us know that you are coming, and also how many will be with you.
I will be there with 12 – 14 of my students from the Kajupit   .
I know we have people coming from Nevada, Arizona, and Oregon, several schools from the San Diego area, several schools from the Los Angeles area, San Jose and several schools from Northern California, and possibly Spain. 
So this could be a meeting of just a few or it could be 100 – 200 people.
We want to make sure we have the correct size location, so please respond if you plan to attend.
And remember this is an open kajukenbo meeting.
It is not about who likes who or what branch you are from.
This is an open invitation to everyone who is Kajukenbo that (CARES ENOUGH) to gather with other Kajkenbo people for the future.
Some are concerned that it may just turn in to a yelling match.
Well if it does then it does, but at least we can say we tried.
I for one will not be there to point fingers or yell at anyone, I am only looking for friends that want to work together for a common goal.

If you plan to attend my email is
ksdiguard@aol.com

Greg Harper
PS
If some of you who said you were coming change your mind then pleas let us know that as well.
Greg Harper

Offline Rick Kingi

• Blue Belt
« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2009, 07:13:30 PM »
Looking forward to a great meeting brother and sisters of Kajukenbo, there will be a dozen of us from Kingi's Kajukenbo...Ingelwood since 1981...LOVE YALL, if the meeting grows we only have to move a few blocks to a 4000 square foot warehouse, might be a good ideal to bring a chair like going to a picnic...Rick Kingi

Thanks Jimmy !!!!!

Offline GForbach

• Gary Forbach
  • Senior Moderator
  • Blue Belt
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2010, 09:59:58 PM »
I am really happy this meeting is finally happening.  I, as all of all of you that have been around for awhile know that, although it would be great, we will never be only one group.  But we could be one Ohana as Sijo would have wanted.  Too many Indians, too many Chiefs!
We can however continue to build our family and art with all of you that love Kajukenbo and loved Sijo.
I for one will continue to work with eveyone that loved Sijo and Kajukenbo and am willing to do every thing I can to build this great Art and Ohana.
Let's grow together and not shame our Founder.
Love to all my Brothers and Sisters.
GM Gary Forabch
Gary Forbach, 9th Degree Original Method Kajukenbo under GM Aleju Reyes and Sijo A.D. Emperado