Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/kajukenb/public_html/cafe/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Welcome Prof. Eugene Sedeno

Author Topic: Welcome Prof. Eugene Sedeno  (Read 3661 times)

Offline John Bishop

• Black Belt
  • Seek Knowledge, Not Rank
Welcome Prof. Eugene Sedeno
« on: November 03, 2003, 10:53:06 PM »
Welcome to the Cafe Prof. Eugene (sedenoer).  We're looking forward to your participation here.  :D
John Bishop  8th Degree-Original Method 
Under Grandmaster Gary Forbach
K.S.D.I. # 478, FMAA

"You watch, once I'm gone, all the snakes will start popping their heads up!"  Sijo Emperado

sleddog

Re:Welcome Prof. Eugene Sedeno
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2003, 01:59:25 PM »
A little know tidbit about Professor Eugene Sedeno is that besides his vast knowledge, he was one of the last 4 people to receive certification from  Professor Mitose (shortly before he passed away in prison).

Offline Chief Instructor

• Moderators
  • Brown Belt
    • Hokkien Martial Arts
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2003, 02:45:06 PM »
Professor Eugene Sedeño is a true pioneer. He started training in Kajukenbo with Professor Walter Godin in the early 1960's when he was about 10 years old. He is one of the most knowledgable people I know. He has been there and done that. Among his many accomplishments, he has been awarded an 8th degree in Kajukenbo by Sijo Adriano Emperado and a 7th degree in Shaolin Kenpo by GGM Ralph Castro. Professor Sedeño has my upmost respect and I thank him for all that he has done for me as well for his contributions to the martial arts. Respectfully,
Sigung Andrew Evans, KSDI #888
Hokkien Martial Arts, Topeka, KS
http://www.TopekaKarate.com

Karazenpo

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2003, 08:46:34 AM »
Agreed, Professor Scott. Professor Sedeno is a true martial art pioneer and a great guy. I have corresponded with him on e-mail and by telephone and he was always extremely helpful on questions of kempo technique and history.  Friendly and personable with a great sense of humor! :)  Shihan Joe Shuras
« Last Edit: November 05, 2003, 08:47:53 AM by Shihan Joe Shuras »

Offline Eugene Sedeno

• Senior Moderator
  • Blue Belt
  • Teacher
    • Sedeno's School of Self-Defence
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2003, 07:09:56 PM »
Aloha Guy's,

I would like thank you guys for the warm welcome.  But I'm just a bumb kanack from Kalihi, Palolo and Waianae that is just trying to be a good student for his teachers.

Mahalo
GM Eugene Sedeno
9th DBB
Perpetual Student

Offline John Bishop

• Black Belt
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2003, 05:06:44 PM »
And now we welcome Prof. Sedeno as our newest moderator.   ;D
K.S.D.I. # 478, FMAA

"You watch, once I'm gone, all the snakes will start popping their heads up!"  Sijo Emperado

Jon Pack

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2003, 09:09:09 PM »
I too would like to welcome Professor Eugene Sedeno and thank him for the e-mail. If you haven't seen his site I highly recommend it! His lineage/background is a who's who. If the Professor knows my instructor I would like to discusss somethings with him further. Scott Woods was promoted to Professor/7th Dan around the same time as I read he was by G.M. Castro.
Welcome,
Jon Pack

Offline Eugene Sedeno

• Senior Moderator
  • Blue Belt
  • Teacher
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2003, 12:19:27 PM »
Aloha Jon,  

I'm sorry to say that I don't think I've had the preasure of meeting your teacher.  Perhaps in the future we will cross paths.

The Castro Shaolin Kenpo is different from the east coast Shaolin Kenpo.  Confusing because of the names.

Mahalo,
GM Eugene Sedeno
9th DBB
Perpetual Student

Jon Pack

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2003, 09:51:43 PM »
As I read the thread again I think Professor
Woods tested at the same time as Gerry Scott May 1999. I hope to train together in the near future given the similar interests and training. Do you ever make it to the midwest? I travel to Ca. every year, where is your school located? How about seminars, are you available?
Jon Pack

Offline Eugene Sedeno

• Senior Moderator
  • Blue Belt
  • Teacher
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2003, 10:48:31 PM »
Aloha Jon,

I travel back east about once per year on business.  On my next trip I'll contact you.

I teach in southern California outside of Los Angeles and yes I do teach semenars.  The last few I have had were in Arizona.  If you're interested E-mail me and we can talk.

If you are ever in the LA area please let me know and I will be happy to meet with you.

Thanks for the interest.
GM Eugene Sedeno
9th DBB
Perpetual Student

Offline John Bishop

• Black Belt
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2003, 11:11:39 PM »
Prof:
When you get a chance please add your contact information to our "Seminar Instructors" forum.  
K.S.D.I. # 478, FMAA