Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/kajukenb/public_html/cafe/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Sigung Jay Burkey recognized...

Author Topic: Sigung Jay Burkey recognized...  (Read 6205 times)

Offline Cheyenne

• Senior Black Belt
  • Blue Belt
Sigung Jay Burkey recognized...
« on: November 17, 2008, 08:52:40 AM »
Aloha,

To honor the request of Sijo and his BOA, BOA Member, Grandmaster Bautista recently visited Sigung Jay Burkey in Oregon. In this visit, GM Bautista, a Sr. Advisor to GM's Lorens organization, provided Sigung Jay with a certificate acknowledging him as the Head of the Tum Pai system and its lineage under the late/great beloved Grandmaster Jon Loren.  GM Loren expressed his desire for his organization and lineage to remain directly under Sijo, KSDI and the BOA, when they gathered at Sijo's tribute in Maui, May 2008.

Congrats to Sigung Jay Burkey!!

Mahalo

Cheyenne Corpus
Grand Master Emil Bautista 1971 - present
Bautista Lineage and Kaju son
8th Degree, Professor, NCHQKSDI
KSDI BOA Certified
Chief Instructor JCMA II, III, IV
CEO JCMA BRANCHES and ALLIANCES

Offline envisiontj

• BlackBelt
  • Brown Belt
  • Thanks Jeff and Boogie!!
Re: Sigung Jay Burkey recognized...
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 11:21:43 AM »
A big congratulations to Sigung Jay Burkey.  You are an awesome practioner and instructor.  I have greatly enjopyed the time you have spent with us here in OR.

Trent
Sifu Trent Junker
Realm Of The Tiger Kajukenbo - Portland, OR
Under GM Gerry Scott

Offline sifutimg

• Senior Black Belt
  • Blue Belt
  • Iron sharpens iron-so another man sharpens another
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 11:52:12 AM »
I have known Sigung Jay for quite some time and know him to be one of the most dedicated martial art practitioner's that I know.  His knowledge of what GM Loren's Tum Pai vision was showcased in what he shared with us at the NW Kajukenbo gathering. 

Congratulations Sigung Jay!!!

Also is was great to see you GM Bautista and Professor Corpus.  Thank you for supporting us here in the NW.

Cheers,
Tim
Professor Tim Gagnier
Student of Great Grandmaster Charles Gaylord & Grandmaster Sid Lopez
Chief Instructor Pacific Wind Kajukenbo
Student Forever
Yamhill, Oregon

Offline Women Warrior

• BlackBelt
  • Blue Belt
  • Women Warrior
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 02:44:35 PM »
Aloha! Bradda Jay,

Kuleana!!! It's a begining for you to carry on the torch, Same as Prof. Russell Corriea student of Master Kalii Griffin.
Kuleana! to both of you.  I know two of our Great GrandMaster's Jon Loren & Grandmaster Kalii Griffin that as gone to be
with Jesus will look down on earth and say what great job they both have done in passing on the knowledge of thier art
to, two great students who will carry out the blessing they have put upon these two great Kumu to take over thier Ohana.
I wish both all the blessing in taking care of your Ohana.  If there is a storm, jus walk thru that storm humblely & with Patient.
Hey, Jay I saw how you really was with GM. Jon Loren's side while you both were here on Maui for Sijo's Tribute. Everything you did
for him I saw was from the Heart!!! ( Hawaiian Style )

With Much Aloha & Love,
                                                                  Sista Kailani Koa
                                                                  GM. Brother Abe Kamahoahoa Ohana

SiGung Kailani Koa

Offline dragonflysamaurii

• White Belt
  • failure is nothing more than not getting up again.
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2008, 05:08:23 PM »
congrads to you Sifu Jay,
You have always been a spirit for me to look up to and now as to see you as the father of our system gives me great joy. I pray for peace to you and oyurs diring the holiday season and again I am proud for you on your achievement.
aloha
sarah
Sarah Van Camp
Northern Tum Pai
and
Tai Chi under
Sifu Jon Loren and Sisuke Lorie Johnson

Offline DKF1

• Blue Belt
    • Concord School of Karate
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008, 11:30:32 AM »