Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/kajukenb/public_html/cafe/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Awesome Kajukenbo fight

Author Topic: Awesome Kajukenbo fight  (Read 7678 times)

Offline ML Wise

• White Belt
    • Kokoro Martial Arts
Michael Wise
1st Dan Kajukenbo
2nd Dan TKD
2nd Dan Judo
3rd Dan Danzan Ryu Jujitsu

Offline Good_Sifu

• White Belt
Re: Awesome Kajukenbo fight
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 02:01:08 AM »
I got some really good pictures  of the guy in the blue shorts face.
Tim Gaskell
5th Degree Kajukenbo Black Belt
Guangxi Martial Arts

Offline NYKaju

• Black Belt
  • Village Pariah
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 08:17:33 AM »
hahahaha, awesome fight. Nice technique, props to both guys. That head gear was not gonna stay on in a match like that :)
Sensei/Coach James Mayors
Ronin Martial Arts
Kajukenbo under Dan Tyrrell
BJJ under Matt Serra
Judo under Mark Staniszewski
"You don't rise to the level of your expectations, you fall to the level of your training"

Offline steve B

• BlackBelt
  • Yellow Belt
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 09:10:51 AM »
Looked like fun!
Steve Bramel
Black Belt/2nd Deg.
Heart Of Texas Kajukenbo
H-Town Branch

Offline Mitch Powell

• Senior Black Belt
  • Brown Belt
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 03:33:00 PM »
The guy in blue is Phil Lampe. He is one of my brown belts. The fight was supposed to be three rounds but the other guy ran out of gas at the end of round two and had to stop.

These guys threw some bombs and it was a great stand up fight to watch live. They went toe to toe several times with neither one moving away. I was disappointed the other fighter asked Phil not to throw any leg kicks, but if you've seen Phil's leg kicks you'd know why. I think that would have changed the tempo of round one a lot. I was also disappointed the other fighter ran out of gas because he is a good fighter. I thought he took round one and Phil took round two.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 09:25:28 PM by Mitch Powell »
Powell's MMA Academy (KSDI#549)
Grandmaster Mitch Powell (Emperado Method)
(707) 344-1655  coachmitchpowell@hotmail.com

Offline steve B

• BlackBelt
  • Yellow Belt
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008, 08:46:00 PM »
That was a fun fight to watch Professor Mitch, I bet it was even better live....
Steve Bramel
Black Belt/2nd Deg.
Heart Of Texas Kajukenbo
H-Town Branch

Offline ML Wise

• White Belt
    • Kokoro Martial Arts
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2008, 11:29:46 PM »
It was a shame that some may have let the ridiculousness of politics get in the way of attending this event. It was an awesome event nonetheless, but imagine how much more fun it would have been had there been more people attending. Who knows, perhaps we will see you guys next year.

I have a some other fights to put up but it will be a while before I have the time to get them on youtube.
Michael Wise
1st Dan Kajukenbo
2nd Dan TKD
2nd Dan Judo
3rd Dan Danzan Ryu Jujitsu

Offline ohanagirl

• White Belt
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2008, 12:05:20 AM »
Some know how to eat it and others know how to look the other way.
Magdalena Guevara
A goodsifu student.
Guangxi School of Martial Arts, Tyrrell Academy
Napa, CA

Offline kajuthumper

• Senior Black Belt
  • Yellow Belt
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2008, 12:24:28 AM »
I heard about that match way after it was over, got to watch the video on you tube. seemed like a good one the guy in the head gear is Carlos Flores Sr. He just got his green belt a couple of weeks ago, Mitch you have some tuff dudes in your school gotta give it to you.
This event was a very good one, the competition was great from what I watched from the kids forms and fighting to the down and dirty adult comp. It was some good ole Kaju, and was nice to see. I wish I could have seen more but the people were getting hungry and I was doing the cooking. As far as the politics go....well lets just say that those that didnt make it you missed out. Maybe the next event like this people can put all the BS aside come and have a good time.

Woody
PS : Mitch you guys do leg kicks....we do groin shots.....even trade? lol
Hell of a fight proud of both guys
Woody J Sims
SIMS KSDI
Vallejo Ca

Offline Danjo

• BlackBelt
  • Brown Belt
  • Kajukenbo Forever!
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2008, 10:22:23 AM »
It was a shame that some may have let the ridiculousness of politics get in the way of attending this event. It was an awesome event nonetheless, but imagine how much more fun it would have been had there been more people attending. Who knows, perhaps we will see you guys next year.

I have a some other fights to put up but it will be a while before I have the time to get them on youtube.

“Politics” is used to mean a disagreement over how to run something or merely a difference of opinion. There is plenty of that in Kajukenbo for sure, and that should not get in the way of Ohana. But there is also blatant disrespect and it’s not “politics” to take issue with that.
"Rank Without Honor is Nothing."
Dan Weston
3rd Degree Black Belt under Prof. Bishop
FMAA
Don't tell me how much you honor Sijo, if you don't respect his wishes.

Offline NYKaju

• Black Belt
  • Village Pariah
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2008, 10:53:49 AM »

If ya got them on CD or are on your hard-drive, PM me for address/email.
Ronin Martial Arts
BJJ under Matt Serra
"You don't rise to the level of your expectations, you fall to the level of your training"

Offline NYKaju

• Black Belt
  • Village Pariah
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2008, 10:56:23 AM »
Quote from: kajuthumper

Woody
PS : Mitch you guys do leg kicks....we do groin shots.....even trade? lol
Hell of a fight proud of both guys

Can't wait till the next one. In regards to groin kickin', I'll say the same thing I said to Mr. Goldsmith: If you can kick me in the groin, you've earned it, but in the meantime I'm gonna beat your thighs in ;D
Ronin Martial Arts
BJJ under Matt Serra

Offline NYKaju

• Black Belt
  • Village Pariah
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2008, 10:57:06 AM »
Quote from: Danjo
“Politics” is used to mean a disagreement over how to run something or merely a difference of opinion. There is plenty of that in Kajukenbo for sure, and that should not get in the way of Ohana. But there is also blatant disrespect and it’s not “politics” to take issue with that.

Well said Dan, I completely agree.
Ronin Martial Arts
BJJ under Matt Serra