Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/kajukenb/public_html/cafe/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
What Information on WHKD would you like to read about here?

Author Topic: What Information on WHKD would you like to read about here?  (Read 18997 times)

Offline RizZ

• Blue Belt
Re: What Information on WHKD would you like to read about here?
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2008, 05:02:45 PM »
                                WHKD Grappling    

There is no set requirements for ground grappling in WHKD, at this time! It is up to the Senior Black Belt, if he so choose to development grappling concepts in his/the school requirements.... WHKD is an expression of the practitioner, and so the training in grappling comes from a mix of various style and systems that the practitioner studies and develops for himself.

I myself believe that the development must fit in with what you have already learned, and that it must flow from the base WHKD principles. Kajukenbo and WHKD is a very repetition/buss saw based art. In the street you take them down and pretty much ground and pound. WHKD Buss saw: is like it sounds you tear right thru them non-stop until they are out on the floor. GM Dacascos calls it his Offensive defense approach, the strategy is don't give them a chance to take you down, you take them out.

My personal thoughts and what I have done is to incorperate the grappling techniques or drills into the tactics already listed within WHKD's outline. If you have the outline and the experience you know that a good set up for a throw like in #1. WHKD takedown throws, may or may not lead to a grappling situation? 2. WHKD Chin na tackle defense techniques, if your timing was off you could find yourself with someone on top of you??  3. WHKD Stand up Chin na techniques, could lead to the ground or grappling can also be introduced in the WHKD Drop and recovers concepts. Where as a last effort you drop to the ground and counter with a kick and escape. 

But in any case, I think grappling concepts should work for any Throw, follow up. or Locking finish on the ground. I would like to remind my fellow WHKD practitioners when they research their grappling. We are a street fighting art not sport BJJ. WHKD develops Killer instinct and we seek to develop in our practitioners the ability to blast forward without regard to rules, when threaten we will do whatever has to be done to survive and escape with our lifes.

I believe that a begining WHKD practitioner should seek to develop first, is good defensive skills vs. takedowns, 2. be preparded to have back up if taken to the ground know the defenses for punching attacks, and submissions, develop good reversal's from bad positions and 3. have skill in escaping from all the bottom positions, and above all know all of the 4. places to grab, pinch, bite, pull hair, dig the eyes out, know where the openings for punching/elbow attacks etc. 5. WHKD Develops strong ability with close quarter knife tactics. You don't take a knife to a gun fight, and you don't grapple with a knife fighter!!!!

In WHKD I don't want to teach my student's to grapple in a street fight. I myself take great importance in escaping and getting back to an upright position. I remember reading some where Master Gracie said it himself: take a Black Belt in BJJ, and ring his bell, he is a Purple belt level, hit him again he is white belt, once more and he has lossed all of his skills. Traditional Sport Gi BJJ don't train for someone punching their lights out as they get into posture

Note:    "Kajukenbo is the art of grappling without grappling"
                              " We Knock them out!~

This is an Example: of what I am doing in my WHKD grappling, this is only my experience and I can't say anything about other WHKD practitioners..

I take throws from our redbook requirement's there are 10, and include grappling aspects to them. I know through experience that grappling can enter in the mix at any range!

2 Example's: Hip throw: I have added a step over to a cross armbar?
                 Thigh throw: I added a headlock on the ground?
    I then train the student to escape from the pins and work for a reversal to escape or ground & pound. Point to remember is: If are hands are locked up in a submission on the ground, and we are attacked by another attacker. We have no chance at defending ourselves. If we are on top of our attacker swinging and his buddy jumps in, we can at lease react back off and move.

WHKD Chin Na Tackle attempts:
Example: shoulder stop to sprawl: you should follow with elbow and knee strikes, again if you apply a neck choke or a headlock your hands are tied up and not of any use for a knife coming behind you.

WHKD Chin na stand up locking: to takedown to armbar/ a good grappler will reverse you. Know his game?

Drop and recovers into trips sweeps and reversals?

As a Black Belt practitioner you should look at your throws and develop follow ups to grappling, in any case they can take you down with them. A. Look into a more modernization set of the throws for more effective tactics for street fighting throws, Look into the double leg and single throws. Note: your throws should put your opponent on his back with you on top of him ready to pounding away. In WHKD once the opponent is on the ground are goals are, first to subdue the opponent right away. The 2nd is to get back to are feet.

My personal goals are to be experienced in bad situations and develop escapes/ reversals to more advantagest grappling positions, and counter with ground and pound, and or a reversal and back to my feet.

It is a fact that "some" or most fights end up on the ground, but they all start from a standing position!!! If you take them out before they can get to you great. But, if you don't you better have some basic training in ground grappling, or wish you did as your being choked out.

Working on sreet fighting tactics of eye pokes, bitting, pinching, etc. are great tactics but unless you have tried it, how do you know? You maybe fighting for your life and there are no rules. The grappling within WHKD should be effective and simple to learn and carry the same principles of the art we study. Kajukenbo is street fighting, it is not sport or carry any rules of engagement, and it's not on mats in a school setting.

Thus, you should try to develop training drills to enhance the flowing on the ground, develop counters to counters with street fighting tactics included, locks, submissions, chokes and breaks, most important escapes.

Regardless of the grappling discipline you are using, there are certain elements which must be present to constitute an effective technique These are:

1. You must Neutralize the attack-Defenses on the ground
2. You must Position for advantage-Reversals from bad positions
3. You must then administer some sort of Solution-Ground N Pound
4. And then you must Escape- get back to your feet   

This is my expression of training in WHKD Ground grappling. My goals are not to become a grappler! I am merely researching grappling to study it's weakness to defend against it. My art is WHKD and as a combat practitioner I must experience grappling to find the weakness to defend against it.

Sigung Ben Fajardo

Very Interesting....Keep It Coming, Sigung...
Scott Goldstein
Kajukenbo Black Belt - 1st Degree
Under Sifu Victor Ballesteros & Sifu Virgilio de Carvalho
Frontyard Fighting Arts - Nyack, NY

Lakan Isa
Pekiti-Tirsia Kali

Offline Prof. Ben Fajardo

• Senior Black Belt
  • Blue Belt
  • Professor Ben Fajardo
    • WHKD-Nubreed Fighting Systems
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2008, 07:32:19 PM »
The Kajukenbo Right hand punch counters is the root techniques of Kajukenbo WHKD. It is our foundation. To understand WHKD's punch counter's you must have all of the basics of the Kajukenbo Kenpo Karate punch counters, and the basic knowledge of the principles of Tumi Pai, and Chuan Fa.

Our Root Kajukenbo WHKD right hand punch counters:
"Taught by our founder GM Dacascos" I say this because there are many different versions out there within Kajukenbo.

1. Fast kick : as they punch with their boxer type punch, Step to the left to 11:00 and deliver a left inward parry, and a hammerfist to the attackers bicep, simultaneouly deliver a front snapping kick to the shin, follow up with a left eye poke and backfist

2. Fast kick, cross: this is the same trick but after you deliver the front snap kick to the shin, cross your right foot over your left foot, pivot and follow with a second front thrust kick to the other knee, move into a horse stance position, straighten their arm into a armbar across both knees.

3. Fast kick, throw: this again is building off of the first one as you deliver the front snap kick, you will shuffle your feet forward to drop down behind the rear leg and deliver a thigh throw to the attacker or backward sweep.

4. Fast kick pull down: this again is building on to the first one, after you have delivered the front snap kick, your right hand will move from the attackers bicep to apply the forearm over the attackers shoulder, with the attackers right arm over your own shoulder, you step back and dislocate the shoulder of the attacker, by lowering your body down.

4a. is moving to a side position with your left knee down the attackers arm across your raise right knee for a break or controling factor.

How do you end up with a WHKD Right Hand Punch counter? This is my versionYou can start with the blending of soft style Chinese thories of Kajukenbo Tum Pai/ Tai Chi Chuan which taught a different way to deal with force by using evasion, and off centering, the use and development of Yielding, rooting, reversing energy, and redirection of energy. This flow of attack is in a non-muscular way. The concepts of relaxed angulation and body movement protects the body and the limbs follow with flowing claws, ripping/tearing fingers, circling snake arms.  

One example: WHKD can use Hand combination #5 to teach this aspect!
You can use the same block and kick, but then you can follow with #5, Step outside to your left, right back of the open hand for redirection of punching hand, left open palm to strike to ribs, right follow into eyes with a finger poke, pivot into left crane strike to groin, right elbow to head, right chop to neck. Can you see some of the principles used from above? This is just using one hand combination!

Kajukenbo Chuan fa emphasizes more of a close range multi striking flow of techniques than pre-set techniques application. The use of timing and interception concepts and angulation of body movement and leg checking and low line kicking. The Kajukenbo Chuna Fa branch incorperated many short/long range tactics. It give us the legs for trips, throws and sweeps. Tactics for locking and jamming using the legs for leg traps, also Leg breaking techniques going against the natural joint movements.

Example: WHKD Hand combination #2
The same entry as above, but we can use the #2 hand combination, Right hand palm heel strike to attackers right shoulder joint, right palm heel strike to right shoulder joint, left hand palm heel strike to solar plexus, three optional strikes with right hand rake the eyes, and slap the ear and chop to the collar bone, apply a left knee buckle to bring the opponent down and his right ankle up to break with your right knee, as you drop on it.

Kajukenbo WHKD practitioners must be versatile in all ranges the arms are wielded freely and powerfully in a variety of different styles. Concentrating on more of a offensive defenses approach. These is only one way one senior Black Belt in WHKD looks at the Kajukenbo punch counters. It will always be different then another. But each of us are told to study the Root technique's in great detail, being mindful at looking at all the angles and principles used. We break them down and blend various other tactics from Chuan Fa and Tum Pai.

I come up with using the Kajukenbo WHKD hand combinations ehich are the closest thing to using these principles. If you where to blend the WHKD Hand combinations to the Kajukenbo punch counters. You would have a basic idea of what I do. The progression of training leads me to freedom to move with the opponent as the situation warrants it! How did they add this information to Kajukenbo. I for one was not there. This is only my personal guess at it, and it works for me and my student's. If you look at the principles of each branches stages, you will see where it can be added.

Break down of  WHKD #1 Hand Combination.
"These are old school Shoalin hand sets"
1. Rt inward hooking knuckle punch (thumb down) to the left temple
2. Lt. Finger jab to the eyes
3. Rt. back knuckle to the right temple
4. Lt. vertical punch to the solar plexus
5. Rt. finger jab to the throat
6. Lt. back knuckle to the chin

As a practitioner of WHKD, you could add any hand combination to any punch counter at any point in the technique and come out with 100's of variations. Therefore expressing your own style. That is why, once the basics are learn, up through Black Belt, it is up to you to uncover your own expression. Add to that the 25 WHKD Fighting principles and you have a basic idea of how one Black Belt in WHKD looks at the Kajukenbo techniques and Right hand punch counters and the creative mind of GM Dacascos.

Sigung Ben Fajardo

« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 10:53:33 PM by NubreedMA »
Professor Ben Fajardo-Kajukenbo WHKD under GM Al Dacascos.
Train the way you fight and fight the way you train..
http://www.makephpbb.com/nubreed/

• Senior Black Belt
  • Blue Belt
  • Professor Ben Fajardo
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2008, 03:33:00 PM »
                         WHKD Philosophy and Psychological
                             The Black Bass who gave up!
                                    GM Dacascos

One of the most interesting expriment's of Charles Darwin's was with a black bass and a minnow. With a glass partition Darwin divided an aquarium into two sections. In one section he placed a black bass which had not been feed for several days. In the other side he placed a minnow, the kind that the black bass are especially fond of. As soon as the bass spotted the minnow he flipped his tail and shot through the water like a streak, and a sharp bump against the glass partition stopped him cold. He backed off and tried again, with the same result. For several hours the bass tried repeatedly to catch the minnow.

Then he began to feel the effect of discouragement, attempts to seize the minnow became less frequent. At last they ceased entirely. The black bass gave up. Then Darwin, removed the glass partition. The minnow now enjoyed the freedom of the whole tank. Time after time it passed within easy reach of the hungry jaws. But the bass made no attempt, he stayed hungry. Such is the power of disappointment. You and I have seen the same happen to people we know. After a few disappointments they quit trying for something they want, even for things they need very baddly.

They accept defeat- and they remain hungry-just when success lies easily within thrie grasp. Whenever you see someone in such a predicament, go out of your way to rekindle his/her ambition-make them try again. Your own success will be all the brighter for helping someone else to achieve the brite future you are working toward. Never give up on yourself, take a bite out of dispare.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 03:51:34 PM by NubreedMA »

• Senior Black Belt
  • Blue Belt
  • Professor Ben Fajardo
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2008, 10:40:10 AM »
                     The 4 levels of Self Defense in WHKD
1. Block and strike (Traditional Karate training)
2. Block and strike at the same time (more effective)
3. Block becomes the strike (cut into the attack)
4. Strike then Block (Stop hit Angle entries)
Kajukenbo WHKD will use concepts 2-3-4, with conscious thought to defend with right principles as follow ups.

The 2 levels the WHKD tech.'s are more influenced by:
The concept of Blocking and striking at the sametime. Using the opponents attacking motion to enter and strike using snapping techiques. Developed timing to beat the opponent to the draw with upper body anglation and body movement. Is the concept of strike then block.

Drills from level 3: using a partner with punching attacks block becomes strike.
1. Outward block w/eye jab 2. inward block w/eye jab 3. upward block w/eye jab downward block w/eye jab. Cutting attacking arm with inward and outward blocks w/eye jab, using timing and angulation and body movement.

Drills from level 2 using a partner with punching attacks/block and strike sametime
1. Outward block w/chop 2. Inward block w/chop 3. uoward block w/chop 4. downward block w/chop. You can also add the concept of leg checking and low kicking stop kicks

The go forth principle, don't stop action meet it and redirect it back to the opponent. Follow the limb in and finish.

Just touch it principle, If you can touch it you have blocked stop 80% of their force. But you must follow by countering w/strikes and using angles. Their strike becomes your block and your reaction to their attack. You must develop combinations to completely subdue your attacker. WHKD believes in hitting first. The attacker may make the first attempt to strike you, but you use half beat counter's beat them to the draw.

The Philosophy of WHKD is; Don't give the attacking technique the respect that it is asking for:
Intercept it absorb it. redirect it. Break it.

When you make up your mind to fight to defend yourself. You must go all out. (Like a buzz saw) Above all don't give any attack, the respect the opponent, is trying to hurt you with. When they give, you take when they take, you give, it back. And never give up until they are on their back and out. There is no halfway it's all or none. WHKD Philosophy We will attack (offense) in a preventive manner so as not to be put into a situation of defending or protecting.

• Senior Black Belt
  • Blue Belt
  • Professor Ben Fajardo
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2008, 08:56:48 PM »
This is what we say at my Nubreed school before class starts as we bow in for training.....Again many WHKD schools are different! I like this because it help's in giving out goals in class training.

1. I intend to develop myself in a positive manner and avoid anything that would reduce my mental growth or physical health

2. I intend to develop self discipline in order to bring out the best in myself and others.

3. I intend to use what I learn in class constructively and defensively; to help myself and my fellow man and never to be abusive or offensive.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 10:57:47 PM by NubreedMA »

• Senior Black Belt
  • Blue Belt
  • Professor Ben Fajardo
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2008, 09:03:10 PM »
The eyes are the window of the soul and the mirror of your heart and gauges fleeting fellings and shows changes in attitude. If you are smart you will study up on this subject. I got this idea from GM Al Dacascos

Study the face & eyes

Eyes; large brimming eyes with little white showing in their eyes the iris or colored part is large; thinks with their heart very emotionally motivated, Family means alot to them.

Small eyed person; expect little demonstrativeness expect awkwardness about the show of emotion, Give encouragement magnetism has sparkling eyes; means alert individual who can get an audience whereever they go more of a live wire.

Unhappy eyes; extra white between the iris and the lower eyelid has unsolved problems weighing upon him or her. Melancholy eyes needs to know that you can back thwm up.

Shifty eyes; are a warning sign. This person is less liable to be depended upon safely. In any case it amounts to a kind of deceitfulness.

Glassy, Bloodshot eyes; is under alot of pressure and is very unpredictable in his or her actions.

Criticalness in eyes; will deliberately think up strong and weak points in any situation, He/she is the born inspector, coach, sharpshooter. Critical eyes that slant down from the inner canthus to the outer corner. The eye sits in the socket so that the outer corner is lower than the corner near the nose the. non-critical eye is the opposite it slants upward to the outer corner.

Thats all I have right now on the eyes, but if you want to know which is you strong or weak side. Do this put a piece of paper down the middle of your face. Do both sides and see what side looks bigger to you that is your strong side. One path of study in WHKD is about learning and understanding your strength and weakness, and learning how to read your attacker and or opponent.

Offline SifuLen

• BlackBelt
  • Blue Belt
  • Thru this Fist Way one gains long life & happiness
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2008, 07:40:52 AM »
Stance training is one of the highest goals in WHKD. My personal stance training under Gm Dacascos, Simo Malia and Sifu Leonard Endrizzi was grueling and one of the hardest phases of my WHKD training. Simo Malia had us in very low stances for sometimes 30 min. at a time with a cup of water on each thigh. Sifu Endrizzi horse stance training for 15 mintues and if you moved out of the stance, you were hit with a bambo sword across the back and thighs. So we stayed down. This old school hard stance training is hard to find anymore in commercial schools.

Very true Sigung Ben,
I have fond  and painful memories of classes dedicated to stances. Sifu Endrizzi was my first Kajukenbo instructor in Denver.
Sifu Leonard Torres 3rd degree
Lineage; Sijo-SGM Halbuna-SGM Conway-Me.
At least on the tree but trained with many others.
With all respect to Oahu & Mainland.

Offline kfarny

• BlackBelt
  • Blue Belt
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2008, 08:07:36 AM »
I would like a breakdown of the 25 principles of fighting.
As a Tum Pai practitioner, this is something we do not study, but my instructor is trying to introduce them.
He thinks they may have come from WHKD, and Professor Bishiop was kind enough to list them for me in another area, but I would still like a breakdown. :)
Kirk Farnsworth   3rd Degree,  East/West Method Tum Pai
East West Martial Arts, Master Doug Bertrand
Vancouver, Wa.

• Senior Black Belt
  • Blue Belt
  • Professor Ben Fajardo
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2008, 04:51:00 PM »
There are three methods of instruction within WHKD

1. Mechanical 2. Technical 3. Psyschological
The WHKD 25 fighting principles was developed for the breakdown and understanding of a Mechanical fighting structure and a method of understanding the technical skills needed to succeed. They are tools that are used within movement and techniques, that help to take your techniques into a higher level of application.

For an Example: I look at them like this, They are like the process, that a car mechanic would use to find out what is wrong with a car, that does not run right? He has curtain things he checks, to lead him to find the problem, and then he can tweak the motor and add various other modifications to it to make it more powerful and faster. I look at the 25 technical fighting principles, the same way as the mechanic does a car.

It is a how to do your techniques, "better tool". They are tools: that a WHKD Black Belt uses to develop better application of fighting, by not just showing a student how to do something, but really breaking everything down to the basics and then the integration of specifices that make each technique more effective, which is the concrete that makes up the 25 fighting principles. They learn what to do and second how to do it, more important on a technical and psychological level.

These principles are not designed to change anyone's own particular style, it's sole purpose, is to help a fighter understand what he is doing presently, and to help extend him beyond his current level using a specific number of concrete rules and principles.

There are very few instructors able to teach beyond the mechincal level. There are very few schools that teaches psychological techniques for fighting combat. The uniqueness of this training method probably makes it the forefront of  higher understanding of combat for yourself and your own method.

The 25 Technical fighting principles is a WHKD Instructors tool to develop a better martial art practitioner. The 25 Technical fighting principles are unique to WHKD and available through Dacascos Technical fighting systems seminars with GM Dacascos. While trying to explain principles in text, alot of the meanings become misunderstood. First hand instruction from GM Dacascos or qualified Black Belt would be well worth the effort.

• Senior Black Belt
  • Blue Belt
  • Professor Ben Fajardo
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2008, 09:28:01 PM »
Some Wun Hop Kuen Do Training Concepts

Internal excercises: breathing excercises, Palm push downs while breathing, Like pushing a ball down in the water. exhale down inhale up to the count of 10

Strength development drills:
Sitting down facing a partner with legs spread out, partner A, has he's legs on the inside of partner B's, partner A pushing outward on partner b's legs, while partner B tries to hold his position. Work the same drill for the outside switching off.

Strength development drill #2
Same position but this time place your legs, one on top of the partner A's right leg and one under the left leg, pushing up and down with both of the legs together.

Strength development drill #3
Lay back on your back and, and bend the knees, place one foot on the inside of your partners leg and one on the outside and begin circling your feet together to inside to outside. Variation place your feet on the bottom of their feet and circle the feet together follow each other's movements.

Sit-ups with partner:
Partner A, hooks his feet under partner B's ankles, partner A sits-up and partner B will push Partner A back down with resistance. to the count of 8

Arm development:

1. Same concepts as the legs, adding clockwise and counter clockwise circles with resistance.

2. Partner A and B grab hands in a thumb grip hand shake, while in a horse stance with left leg forward, Partner A begins pushing, Partner B's arm back to his shoulder, simultaneously moving into a forward bow stance. Partner B using slight resistance. Once Partner A gets to Partner B's shoulder, Partner B begins pushing back to partner A's shoulder. develop both sides.

3. Partner A and B stands back to back in left neutral bow stances, while hooking right arms at the elbow, Partner A, begins by throwing a reverse punch with arms hooked,
Partner B throws his punch, moving back and forth. work both sides.

Self Defense

Headlock position:
Push to nerve under ear or pull hook under nose, simultaneously push forward with your hand behind their knee to take them down.

Front bear hug:
arms are free, grab top lip with left hand and bottom lip with right hand and pull outward. Pull opponent lips outward for release, or move to a head twisting takedown.

Front headlock attempt:
Follow attackers hand movment, with your head circle downward and circle outward and over to counter grab attackers head and apply your own front headlock. You bob & weave out of the headlock

Ground fighting drill:
crab walking, with kicking. sweeping, moving around on the ground.

Protect your pennie drill: with a pennie at your side by your rear end, your partner will attempt to get your pennie by any means possible. You will defend by kicking, tripping, sweeping, and foot pushing. Moving around on the floor

Sigung Ben Fajardo

• Senior Black Belt
  • Blue Belt
  • Professor Ben Fajardo
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2008, 10:31:26 PM »
WHKD Formula for Training in the Kajukenbo Right hand punch counters

The Kajukenbo Right hand punch counters is the root techniques of Kajukenbo WHKD. It is our foundation. To understand WHKD's punch counter's you must have all of the basics of the Kajukenbo Kenpo Karate punch counters, and the basic knowledge of the principles of Tumi Pai, and Chuan Fa.

I was told many years ago by GM Dacascos for me to understand the application of WHKD. I had to break down all of the right hand punch counters and see what understanding and variations I could come up with. Then do the same with all of the Kajukenbo foundation techniques. What you come up with is your own understanding of Kajukenbo WHKD.

These are the Root Kajukenbo WHKD right hand punch counters:
"Taught by our founder GM Dacascos" I say this because there are many different versions out there within Kajukenbo branch.

1. Fast kick : as they punch with their right boxer type punch, Step to the left to 11:00 and deliver a left inward parry on the wrist, and a hammerfist to the attackers bicep, simultaneouly deliver a front snapping kick to the shin/groin, follow up with a left eye poke and backfist

These are my tools that I have come up with to help me to understand. How to break the techniques down.

1. WHKD Reaction-execution-completion
    a. primary b. secondary
What can I draw from the base technique?
Opponenet's point of view
The opponent's reaction
The oppoenent's execution
The completion of his right punch
What is his primary attack? jab first?
What would be his secondary?
Then your reaction, execution, completion?

2. Variation of component's of movement
just use the parry to the wrist
just use the hammerfist to the becip
Just use the kick to the groin/shin
Just use the destruction to the limb and follow up

3. Blending of combination componet's
adding a jab-cross-hook b. overhead-uppercut-overhead strikes c. cross-hook-cross or low line kicking as a follow up

4. WHKD Combinations in perspective with break-downs of use
You can parry at the wrist, elbow, shoulder: calling for range
The hammerfist can go to the fist, wrist, forearm, bicep, shoulder, chin/nose
After you hit the becip the fist can stay inside and follow up or pull throught

5. WHKD concepts of rhythm adjustment of movement
You can adjust the rhythm of each technique'
you can block, kick and follow up
you can kick, block and follow up
you can punch then kick

6. WHKD Diagram of a confrontation
a. Initiation-reaction-control secured-execution-completion
beat them to the draw
fake a technique before they attack
move to a armbar
flow into the technique
take them down

7. Self defense formula- Initiation, adaption, instinctive movement, with component's limb destructions. Work on various ways to break the limb

8. Concept's of reverse motion in combinations
Slap block in the inside of the wrist and hammer the elbow/tricep
After you hammer the bicep you can backfist then eye jab

9. Triangle concept's-forward-reverse motion with various applications
a. upperbody triangle-move the upperbody out of the line of attack b. lower body angles stepping

10. Clock system footwork with applications
practice stepping in different directions after locking up the arm

11. Observation of body position
a. baiting b. guard positions c. type of opponent d. eye response

12. WHKD street formulas a. inner gate strikes b. outer gate strikes
riping the eyes, and pulling the ears, stepping on the feet

13. WHKD primary and secondary functions
What to do if the technique does not work?
WHKD buzz saw follow ups

14. Combined responses of WHKD
a. Does the combination follow your nature body mechanics
b. Does the combination protect your vital points satisfactorily
c. Does the combination follow your natural body mechanics to ease the work load on your body during execution

15. Work within your means and economize your movements
a. Hand reference points of opponent and yours.
b. Your opponent's foot position and your own foot positioning

16. WHKD fighting principles the matrix of applications
using the 25 WHKD Principles of fighting

17. Understanding what happens to the body in high stressed situations!
Psychologically determined to protect yourself. Dealing with the bodies natural progression of dealing with the unknown situation

18. WHKD path to freedom in movement

This is one way that I personally look at a technique in WHKD.

Sigung Ben Fajardo
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 10:36:36 PM by NubreedMA »

• Senior Black Belt
  • Blue Belt
  • Professor Ben Fajardo
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2008, 01:39:02 PM »
"I am getting alot of emails about video" I am trying to get some information on You tube about my training in WHKD. I don't know how to add the information myself on You tube yet?? I have broken down many seminars and training video's to dvd. One of my student's has that knowledge and he will add them as soon as he gets the time? I know that seeing is much better then text, I have seen on you-tube alot of our WHKD forms. But there is nothing on our combat training and street fighting techniques. I hope to fill the void. Sigung Ben

• Senior Black Belt
  • Blue Belt
  • Professor Ben Fajardo
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2008, 09:51:23 AM »
Everybody knows that an attack can happen at anytime on the street.
We sometimes don't have time to get into our fighting stances, before it happens. So, GM Dacascos has developed prepartory postures, thar help to protect you. While you are threatened.

Wun Hop Kuen Do Preparatory postures- postures used before the start of any encounter. Sometimes call the disco positions back in the 70's. Old school day's.

The first positon is : Your left hand across your stomach and your right hand at your chin. Within this position you are covering high line and low line attacks. If attacked The left hand drops down to cover your groin and your right hand covers high to protect your head and upper body. Your goals are to find the right WHKD hand combinations that work from this position.

The second position is:  Both hands across your stomach layed atop each other not crossed. So if attacked your can drop to a downward cover and a high cover. Your goals are the same find the right hand combinations that work here!

The third position is: Hands held infront of your groin area.  Make sure you can move to the side and backhand the groin and follow up. Same goals here is well.

The fourth position is: Hands held up as being held up, same goals here!

You should develop these into your street awareness programs. If someone is coming off hard on you, and you think it will go to blows. You are ready.

• Senior Black Belt
  • Blue Belt
  • Professor Ben Fajardo
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2008, 12:09:09 AM »
My personal Principles and Concepts of WHKD
1. Zone theories; four corners from center line, sectoring concepts.
defensive principles against the initiative of opponent's attacking angles. First of all I believe that it is always wise to strike first, that's my choice.

2. Six levels; levels of  height, width, and outer rim  zones. (your personal space) protection zones. Distance and target control factors in the red zone.

3. Grabs; must be able to apply all techniques with power, speed and position of control for locks, submissions and chokes. If you can't get a knockout first.
opponent assessment for throws and takedowns/counter attack

4. Punches; Apply all basics to punch defense, mixing combinations and able to understand attacking ranges; Kicking, punching, elbows, knees, and trapping to grappling and move in and out of all. Adaptation to your opponent, range fighting style.

5.  Explanation of choke vs. sleeper holds for submission and choke must show control of opponents limb as well.  As counter attack to controlling factors

6. Proper use of body for defensive and offensive positioning.
Body maneuvers and footwork should work together.

7. Street fighting concepts, hair pulling, biting, pinching, poking, clawing, and knuckle presses In the street their are no rules, if you practice a competitive martial art research this.

8. Medium range Lin Sil Die Dar Block and hit simultaneously, Sliding leverage, Trapping, Locking.  Efficiency in this range means the difference in ended up in a clinch, taken down or taken out.

9. Grappling; Able to move from and to valuable positions and position opponent for locks, submissions, and chokes. Able to flow from one technique to another.

10. Equalizers are; Biting, Gouging, pinching.
In grappling these help but you must develop some defenses/reversals to free you.

11. Targets of the body; with 5 angles of attack, primary types of strikes with five primary weapons. Research and discover how to locate the vital targets on an attacking opponent.

12. Understand gunting destructions to the limbs of the opponent.
This art known as (Gunting) or destruction comes from the Filipino Arts it means to attack what is attacking you and destroy it using your knuckles, elbows knees, etc.

13. Street defensive positions; with follow ups, wall defense, E.T training, attack evaluations, speed and detection of attacks.
These are training drills that teach to practitioner to pick up the small movements of the opponent before the attack.

14. Multiman attacks; and defense, zoning, to outside primary strategy, for two on one, learn to fight one at a time, footwork and body angulations, using an opponent for barriers, weapons will increase distance and chances, Don't stand still run! Don't get blind sided or taken to the ground, don't kick keep your feet on the street.

15. It is your opponent's responsibility to beat you and your responsibility to capitalize on his mistakes to beat him.  ;D

• Senior Black Belt
  • Blue Belt
  • Professor Ben Fajardo
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2008, 09:39:52 PM »
There is an old Kajukenbo(WHKD) tale.

There was a very devout traditionalist who trained and taught his students in the original manner every day. He and his students were very disciplined and very true to the tradition and original techniques and training methods. The Instructor, after a hard day of training fell asleep in the Dojo to be awakened by a tap on the shoulder. To his surprize, it was the Great Grand Master, the founder of the system who had died 200 years earlier, who came to pay him a visit. The instructor said, "Oh Great Grand Master, I am so honored that you have come to visit me" The Master said "I have come because I have heard you are the most disciplined. I want to see what your discipline and wisdom has done with my system" "Oh Great Grand Master, you will be honored. I will show you. I have not changed a thing. I have taught all my students the same techniques and the same training manner that has been passed from instructor to instructor for the past 200 years. The same way you taught it to them" The Grand Master, with a strange look on his face, said  I hope you are kidding." The instructor said ' Oh no, Master. Watch!" as he began performing the traditional system. As he neared completion, the old Grand Master said, you're right. You haven't done a thing to it. It has not been changed at all, no improvements, no developments. I could have been more creative than this in my grave. as the old Grand Master turns and stomps away throwing his hands up in the air. The instructor woke up in a sweat, saying "What a horrible dream. I am so glad it was only a dream, because no Great Grandmaster could be so naive."

The Philosophy of the Kajukenbo Wun Hop Kuen Do practitioner is, if one studies and practices anything long enough, it is bound to improve. It is impossible to stay in one spot. As we move forward, we keep the traditional methods intact so we always know where we came from. Sifu Bill Owens