Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/kajukenb/public_html/cafe/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Sifu Jon Loren

Author Topic: Sifu Jon Loren  (Read 6395 times)

Offline dragonflysamaurii

• White Belt
  • failure is nothing more than not getting up again.
Sifu Jon Loren
« on: August 09, 2008, 08:36:17 PM »
I just wanted to thank Wiley and Sifu Jay ( Sigung ) and all of the elements of our ohana that came today to pay respects to my teacher and my friend. My mentor and my holy man.
He was truly remembered in a class of honorable distinction and I am today, even more Honored to call him my Sifu.
I am just as honored to carry out his legend with all of you that could and could not make it today, as well as anyone who will tell a "Sifu story" and carry out his lessons and his spirit everyday,
Aloha and Mahalo to my loved Ohana
Sarah Van Camp
Sarah Van Camp
Northern Tum Pai
and
Tai Chi under
Sifu Jon Loren and Sisuke Lorie Johnson

Offline sifutimg

• Senior Black Belt
  • Blue Belt
  • Iron sharpens iron-so another man sharpens another
Re: Sifu Jon Loren
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 02:31:55 PM »
I wish I could have been there but had a belt test that was scheduled.  I called Wiley and Sigung Jay yesterday to tell them why I couldn't come.  Before my belt test started we payed tribute to Grandmaster Loren by facing south towards Brookings, Oregon and had the black belt board and all the students in a horse stance and did double punching with the loudest Kiai everyone could project.  We wanted Grandmaster Loren to hear.  The spectators at the belt test said it was one of the loudest things they had every heard and thought the trophys in the school were going to vibrate off the shelves.

Rest in Peace Grandmaster Loren and I and the Kajukenbo Self Defense Academy appreciate all that you taught us and represented to us.

Kajukenbo Forever,
Tim
Professor Tim Gagnier
Student of Great Grandmaster Charles Gaylord & Grandmaster Sid Lopez
Chief Instructor Pacific Wind Kajukenbo
Student Forever
Yamhill, Oregon

Offline Cheyenne

• Senior Black Belt
  • Blue Belt
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 01:50:29 AM »
Aloha..

Grand Master Emil Bautista, his wife Betty, Sr. Prof. Joseph Bautista, Sigung Art Butler(and family) Brother Jack Jones and myself were lucky enough to be able to attend the day of honoring GM Jon Loren.  A beautiful tribute to a person who touch the lives of many.. respected, honored and admire for his integrity as a instructor, leader, advisor, brother and friend...

To Sigung Jay and the Tum Pai ohana, as GM Emil has expressed, we are here for you in any capacity needed..
much kaju love and respect always

On Behalf of GM Emil and the NCHQKSDI and Affiliates

Cheyenne Corpus
Grand Master Emil Bautista 1971 - present
Bautista Lineage and Kaju son
8th Degree, Professor, NCHQKSDI
KSDI BOA Certified
Chief Instructor JCMA II, III, IV
CEO JCMA BRANCHES and ALLIANCES

Offline Sifu Raw

• BlackBelt
  • Yellow Belt
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 08:32:32 PM »
I was not able to attend the memorial this past weekend for GM Loren, but my thoughts and prayers were with his friends , family and students. I knew Jon Loren for a long time , but I did not know him as well as I would have liked to. I do know however he was a true believer in the human spirt and the endless possibilities of it. Farewell for now sir. You shall not be soon forgotten.

Sigung Rick Williams 6th Degree Black Belt<br />Ahgung T. Ramos Disciple<br />Canyon Kajukenbo Martial Arts Institute<br />3419 Broadway , American Canyon , Ca. 94503<br />707 644-4740  fax 707 644-4721

Offline Bautista's

• teaching since 1966
  • Senior Moderator
  • Brown Belt
  • you show me-I show you
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 03:11:25 AM »
     A small group of us traveled to Oregon this past weekend for GM Jon Loren's memorial service. We'd like to thank Wiley Van Buren, Sigung Jay Burkey and Loren Jessup for the beautiful memorial and for making us feel welcome.  We'd also like to thank his many friends and family members who reminisced about GM Jon's fascinating and remarkable life. Their stories and anecdotes helped us see him in a whole new light.

It's hard to imagine a world without his laughter, his intensity, his love of teaching and his many insights into life and the arts.  We will miss the man, the teacher, the martial artist, but most of all we will sorely miss our friend.
He was truly one of the best. God Bless and keep you Jon. With all our love and respect,
Emil & Betty Bautista
and Xie Xie

Emil Bautista
Kajukenbo black belt (1966)