Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/kajukenb/public_html/cafe/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Kajukenbo Cafe Activity

Author Topic: Kajukenbo Cafe Activity  (Read 5180 times)

Offline John Bishop

• Black Belt
  • Seek Knowledge, Not Rank
Kajukenbo Cafe Activity
« on: August 20, 2003, 09:25:43 PM »
WOW :D
During a 24 hr period ending this morning over 2500 posts were read by members and guests.
John Bishop  8th Degree-Original Method 
Under Grandmaster Gary Forbach
K.S.D.I. # 478, FMAA

"You watch, once I'm gone, all the snakes will start popping their heads up!"  Sijo Emperado

Offline Mike Nagano

• BlackBelt
  • Yellow Belt
    • Kajukenbo
Re:Kajukenbo Cafe Activity
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2003, 03:19:10 PM »
Pretty cool stat, Sigung.  Strangely enough, nobody's posted today (except this one).

Mike
Sifu Mike Nagano
Bishop's Kajukenbo Academy

TODD

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2003, 12:23:03 PM »
I agree.  This site is far better.  It has opened my eyes to where Kajukenbo has gone and is
still going.  Its nice to read what other "Kajukenbo" people have to say.  I find other arts
interesting but my preference is here.  Everyone involved with this site including those whom
have posted has done an excellent job.  For someone like myself who has no access to anyone
or any other Kajukenbo schools near me (100's of miles) this is a great outlet. Thank You

Offline WuChi0

• BlackBelt
  • White Belt
  • All is in flux
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2003, 01:20:31 AM »
 :)Aloha, This is my first time interacting on this site.  I've been checking the sight since about a year ago, but never put may 2 cents in.  It has really grown in a positive way and I'm proud to be a part of the Kujukenbo ohana. Uncle Frank visited our school today and we talked about the old days and how it evolved to this point of Kujukenbo members discussing things by computer thousands of miles apart from each other.  It brings us closer together.  It has come to the point where we attain some knowledge from punching the keys along with punching the bag and each other.
Michael SAMALA
Kajukenbo Professor, 8th degree
Ordonez Kajukenbo Ohana Co-founder, Frank Ordonez "Uncle Frank"
Kajukenbo-Kenkabo, Grand Master Sixto Ramos Jr
Hui O Na Koa Kulike, Grand Master John Pagdilao
Hawaiian Kenpo Self Defense Club

Offline WuChi0

• BlackBelt
  • White Belt
  • All is in flux
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2003, 01:36:48 AM »
Mahalo for the brief introduction Gerry,

As I mentioned Danzy & I talked with Uncle Frank and we mentioned some of the "interesting" topics and responses.  He commented that it sounds like the web site should be called the Kajukenbo gossip fence.  I don't think there was no disrepect intended.  I interpreted as confirming that people are free to say whatever they would like to say.  However, in the flip side we should be aware of peoples intention and the envirnmental situation of certain postings and responses.  Similar to being aware of the situation & envirnment on the streets, (silly & paraniod as it may sound) we must be aware of the environment in this virtual reality.  That being said I believe this is a good venue to exchange information.  I fulfills the need to be a part of something bigger, the quest for knowledge, and sometimes just to be entertained.    
Michael SAMALA
Kajukenbo Professor, 8th degree
Ordonez Kajukenbo Ohana Co-founder, Frank Ordonez "Uncle Frank"
Kajukenbo-Kenkabo, Grand Master Sixto Ramos Jr
Hui O Na Koa Kulike, Grand Master John Pagdilao
Hawaiian Kenpo Self Defense Club

Offline Rob Poelking

• Sifu
  • Administrator
  • Brown Belt
  • Kajukenbo Forever
    • Anderson Martial Arts
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2003, 09:45:30 PM »
As we near the one year anniversary, I want to thank everyone who has contributed. This is a bit of a monumental effort for me but the success is largly contributed by the users. Without you a forum is pointless.

I am hoping by this small effort to share and renew a vision that is shared by the administrators and moderators of this forum and one that I hope you too will grasp. It is an idea you have all heard of that is sometimes forgotten and it is summed up in one Hawaiian word, Ohana. It means family for those of you who have never been exposed to any Hawaiiana.

In 50+ years Kajukenbo grew from simple roots of a local YMCA self-defense class to a worldwide organization training individuals in a street smart self-defense system. Yet it seems in that growth apart some of us have grown distant in spirit.

Our own personal systems have evolved with each generation of martial arts influences but let's not forget our roots and that we are all part of the same ohana.

So far this forum has brought out the very best in the ohana spirit in all of you. Let that same spirit continue and infuence the entire system.

On top of all that, I want to personally thank those who have put in so much of their personal time to make this forum a worthwhile place to visit for information including all of our moderators especially Shihan Joe Shuras who singlehandedly has the most posts on this forum and to Sigung John Bishop. Without him this forum would not have seen the light of day and by the way has the second most posts on the forum.

I also want to thank one non-moderator, Mell. She has the third most posts and is the one who invited me to my first Kajukenbo class ever.
Rob Poelking, Black Belt, Original Method
Black belt under Sigung Ray Anderson
http://www.ohiokajukenbo.com

Offline Mell

• BlackBelt
  • Blue Belt
  • www.watchthelamb.com
    • Watch the Lamb Ministries
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2003, 09:13:16 PM »
I just want to say how much I have enjoyed reading the post from Shihan Joe (you are funny and knowledgeable) as well as express my deep gratitude to Sigung Bishop for the outstanding work he as put into posting the Bio's.  

Many Karma points to you both!!!!!!!!
Sibak Mellody Porter
ANDERSON MARTIAL ARTS - Grafton, Ohio
www.ohiokajukenbo.com
www.watchthelamb.com

Karazenpo

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2003, 02:04:35 PM »
Thanks, Mell. Your kind comments are deeply appreciated! :)

To the Guardian: Rob, you're very welcome, Sir! :)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2003, 02:09:01 PM by Shihan Joe Shuras »

Offline Mell

• BlackBelt
  • Blue Belt
  • www.watchthelamb.com
    • Watch the Lamb Ministries
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2003, 08:15:26 PM »
Holy Cow - Everythings backwards -

sdrawkcab sgnihtyrevE - woC lyoH -

Didn't know where to post this but it appears as though a change has occured on the forum.  The most recent post appears first with the original being last.  I like it better the other way so I can read through the tread better.  Anyway - I'll live with it.  There's no whinning in Kajukenbo.
Sibak Mellody Porter
ANDERSON MARTIAL ARTS - Grafton, Ohio
www.ohiokajukenbo.com
www.watchthelamb.com

Offline John Bishop

• Black Belt
  • Seek Knowledge, Not Rank
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2003, 08:43:47 PM »
Looks like Sihing Rob is having fun with us.  Sort of weird to read backwards :o
John Bishop  8th Degree-Original Method 
Under Grandmaster Gary Forbach
K.S.D.I. # 478, FMAA

"You watch, once I'm gone, all the snakes will start popping their heads up!"  Sijo Emperado