Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/kajukenb/public_html/cafe/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
WHKD Continuous Training

Author Topic: WHKD Continuous Training  (Read 3429 times)

Offline Rob Poelking

• Sifu
  • Administrator
  • Brown Belt
  • Kajukenbo Forever
    • Anderson Martial Arts
Rob Poelking, Black Belt, Original Method
Black belt under Sigung Ray Anderson
http://www.ohiokajukenbo.com

Offline cirillo

• Blue Belt
    • Wun Hop Kuen Do
Re:WHKD Continuous Training
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2003, 10:15:50 AM »
That was quite a promotion board, wasn't it?  For myself, it was certainly a pleasure to see another black belt promotion in WHKD and an honor to meet everyone again and make new acquaintances (I had never met Co-founder Ordonez before).

For everyone that missed it, the continuous education was, as usual, quite intense.  Every day, twice a day (with breaks for tourism of the island in between).  Nearly all workouts were right next to the beach.  The only all day break that we did get was during the promotion.  It was great having the chance to get together with the WHKD family.

Professor Scott, I have some pictures of the testing panel.  I will try and send them to you via email, if you like.  I really appreciated your comments to those testing.  Sorry, things went so quickly I didn't have the chance to introduce myself to you (though you saw me a few times as an opponent for those testing (I was in a full WHKD uniform)).  Hopefully, I will get the chance to meet you again more directly.
Sifu Jeffrey D. Cirillo,  7th Degree Black belt in Wun Hop Kuen Do under GM Al Dacascos and 3rd Degree in FaChuan (Blossom Fist) under Sifu Bill Owens with over 35 years experience in the martial arts.
College Station, TX

Offline Prof. Ben Fajardo

• Senior Black Belt
  • Blue Belt
  • Professor Ben Fajardo
    • WHKD-Nubreed Fighting Systems
Re: WHKD Continuous Training
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2005, 08:37:44 PM »
I must have a dark cloud over my head when it comes to getting to Hawaii? I was scheduled to teach at this years WHKD's as well as last years Training conference. But, as life has it I will not make it again this year! I blew out my (ACL) in my knee and will be out of it for about three/six months. I hope that everyone has a great time. I miss my friemds and training with my WHKD Brother's.  I hated letting my Sifu down, he was counting on me to make it and help out with the training program. Mahalo Sifu Ben Fajardo
Professor Ben Fajardo-Kajukenbo WHKD under GM Al Dacascos.
Train the way you fight and fight the way you train..
http://www.makephpbb.com/nubreed/

Offline cirillo

• Blue Belt
    • Wun Hop Kuen Do
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2005, 10:59:22 AM »
I am really sorry to hear that Sifu Ben. :'(

The fact is, I probably won't make it either this year.  I am in the process of finishing up plans for moving and all of it is likely to coincide with when the trip is supposed to be.

Well, at least we can look forward to next year's events. ;D
Sifu Jeffrey D. Cirillo,  7th Degree Black belt in Wun Hop Kuen Do under GM Al Dacascos and 3rd Degree in FaChuan (Blossom Fist) under Sifu Bill Owens with over 35 years experience in the martial arts.
College Station, TX

Offline Jason Goldsmith

• BlackBelt
  • Brown Belt
    • Tactical Kung Fu and MMA
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2005, 09:48:16 PM »
I am sorry to hear that too Sifu Ben.

I as well won't be able to make it--I have graduate school interviews I am attending during the training--plus missing school to go to Hawaii isn't something I can explain to my professors easily..regardless of what it may be for.
Sifu Jason Goldsmith
5th Degree, Wun Hop Kuen Do Kung Fu
Under GM Al Dacascos
Instructor--WHKD
Durham NC and Philadelphia PA
www.tkfmma.com