Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/kajukenb/public_html/cafe/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Kajukenbo Belt Factory?

Author Topic: Kajukenbo Belt Factory?  (Read 12744 times)

Offline Sifu Sin Bin

• Holy Cow, I am a
  • Senior Moderator
  • Black Belt
  • YOU SUCK, TRAIN HARDER
    • check it out
Re: Kajukenbo Belt Factory?
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2007, 11:33:06 PM »
New thread split from this one about test length

http://www.kajukenbocafe.com/smf/index.php?topic=3362.msg29517#msg29517

« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 11:55:48 PM by Sifu Sin Bin »
Professor Rob Peladeau
8th Degree - KSDI #672
Loyal Student and lifelong friend of
Grand Master Emil Bautista
NorCal Headquarters of K.S.D.I. Ambassador

Offline ohanagirl

• White Belt
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2007, 12:08:16 AM »
Ah ha! I see...Thank you so much!!!!  :D Connection made. Very interesting.

Can I ask why someone didn't contact Sensei Lee Byrd as well as Grand Master Maschmeier BEFORE they posted this? Shouldn't they have a chance to present their sides rather than presenting their business BEFORE comparing or criticizing them? OH YEAH...one more question...Is this old news or NEW news?

Magdalena Guevara
A goodsifu student.
Guangxi School of Martial Arts, Tyrrell Academy
Napa, CA

Sigung_Pat

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2007, 12:25:03 AM »
Just got off the phone with GM Maschmeir.  He reiterates that this school is not associated with him and he told this instructor not to promote in Kajukenbo.

Sensei Mike

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2007, 12:25:43 AM »
I just got off the phone with Grand Master Maschmeier, he understood where I was coming form. All I can say is that he confirmed the Sensei Lee Byrd has been issued the letter not to use the Kajukebo name when promoting poeple.

Offline KajuKevin

• White Belt
  • Always Learning
    • Personal Profile with the Roosevelt Institution
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2008, 08:44:29 PM »
Hello everyone,

My name is Kevin Powers, and I trained with Sensei Byrd off and on for over 2 years. While I don't claim to be a Black Belt or an expert on Kajukenbo instruction, I do know Sensei Byrd personally and I hold him in the highest regard.

I wrestled for two years in High School, and in my Junior Year I found myself wanting more than the "same old, same old". Sensei Byrd welcomed me into his Dojo, and through the grapevine I heard about his falling out with GM Maschmeier. Never once did Sensei Lee claim to be teaching Kajukenbo, in no place in my Dojo did it say "Kajukenbo" and nowhere on any of my promotion certificates does it read " _____ belt in Kajukenbo". But make no mistake about it, Kajukenbo is what I learned and I'm grateful for it.

Kajukenbo has saved my life on at least one occasion, and I'm indebted to Sensei Lee for the countless hours he spent with me. His students were always top notch, and he personally is a wonderful teacher and a caring peson. While I suppose I'm not a member of the Ohana, strictly speaking, Sensei Lee brought me into his Dojo's family with open arms.

Since training with Sensei Lee, I've gone on to train in multiple martial arts. And while I certainly have benefited as a fighter, my heart and my respect remain in Pacifica with Sensei. Again, while I can't speak to an allegations of my Dojo as a "Black Belt factory", I can assure you that every one of my promotions was earned, and I spent hours perfecting my form and hours more sparring with excellent students that were taught to always take the time to help others become better martial artists.

So, with all due respect to the many individuals that have posted here and on other forms, I'd like to ask you to please speak to Sensei Lee before judging his school or his character.

All the best,

Kevin Powers

Kevin J. Powers
Student of Sensei Lee Byrd
Family Martial Arts of Pacifica
Student of Kajukenbo, Judo, Tae Kuk Mu Sul and MCMAP