Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/kajukenb/public_html/cafe/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Grab Arts

Author Topic: Grab Arts  (Read 6690 times)

Offline Wado

• BlackBelt
  • Brown Belt
  • llama llama
Re: Grab Arts
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2007, 04:59:44 PM »
...But what you said is right but

if the guy is taller of you ....more difficult to do the bicept attack  more logical to go for the tricept  and the samee time u roots ur horse stance ....but its possible with with the back step for horse stance to aatack is bicept  after u unbalance him toward you ....but we are half beat late ......and  if we do the attack to the limb with our right hand ....the starting position is low near of our thigh .....

Right on!!! What you say makes great sense.

Now just for the sake of discussion, recall that I stated that it is important not to give the attacker a flat-surface for them to grab you. For your consideration, the two handed lapel grab comes.

If I turn slightly so that my right shoulder goes back and my left shoulder moves forward relative to the attacker, then as I trap their hands, the attackers left arm will be extended and the attacker's right arm will be jammed (bent). If you can picture this, at this point the attacker's right bicep is open to attack as the arm is bent. I then drop my weight and rotate the other way to hammerfist the bicep using my right hand.

For attacking the right tricep, when the two handed lapel grab comes, I turn slightly so my left shoulder goes back and my right shoulder goes forward. Now the attacker's right arm is extended and the left are is contracted (bent). The extended right arm leaves the attacker's right tricep vulnerable to attack.

Now there is a trick at the beginning I left out where you actually start with applying pressure a bit forward so that when the attacker feels the resistance, they press harder and end up overextending that arm when you turn the other way.

The only difference between the basic way I see Grab Arts being taught and this way is that while I was avoiding the grab, I turned my upper body slightly one way or another to extend one of the attacker's arms and jam the other.

Just something to think about. What you posted was also correct IMHO.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 05:11:01 PM by Wado »
W. Yamauchi
Mateo Kajukenbo
Seattle, Washington

Offline Wado

• BlackBelt
  • Brown Belt
  • llama llama
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2007, 05:02:40 PM »

Here some chuan fa method

Grab 3

opponent grab you (two hands )

at the same time groin snap kick or shin ,strike with a left leopard punch to ribs or plexus  and simultaneously a right leopard scrape punch across his eyes or nose  takinga horse the right scraping motion go for a grab to his right wrist twist for a lock and arm break with a left hammer to theelbow you advanced in horse here

also good for push again a wall

grab 4

two hand grab

retreat in horse and  rib strike punch or leopard fist .....outward block for break the hold and palm up leopard punch to throat

not too describtive but give an idea .......

Steeve

Thanks, good stuff.
W. Yamauchi
Mateo Kajukenbo
Seattle, Washington

Offline Steve

• Blue Belt
  • Peace and Love
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2007, 05:34:01 PM »

Rock on  wado

I agree and completly understood what you mean ....

But in a real situation ...you dont have the time to put the structure ....when he gab you first you have to avoid it like the grab 6 .....you know open it before he grab or hit him before he grab ....

but if he grab you have to play with the energy he give you ....to be in better situation to counter him

I agree with what you said about the shoulder motion ......but  in reality you could not take the time to do it
 you dont know if he grab you one hand and strike or twohand ....but if u are in this position with a grab right now we talkabout two hand....you foolow his energy forward or backward to hit him bad ....

But thats cool what you said about the shoulder rolls  but I dont talk about taiji push hand here  :) :) just a joke bud

the first reaction about a push is to take a good horse ...and avoid his vector of force .....again a pullin his to follow him and eat him ....but the best is like you said hit him before the grab ...

Good discussion bud ....next one grab 5 and 6  ;)

Steeve
Steve Malette
Kajukenbo /chuan fa  Honor to GM Gelinas,Sifu Baralis.Sifu  Fajardo
Ng Ga kuen Kung fu(GM Ark Yueh Wong system) under Sifu Seming Ma
Kuntao Silat De Thouars Honor to Guru Tuan Randall Goodwin
Who s Who

Offline Steve

• Blue Belt
  • Peace and Love
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2007, 05:35:02 PM »

Wado

Are you here .....intersesting to talk with you ....dont let me down ;)

Steeve
Steve Malette
Kajukenbo /chuan fa  Honor to GM Gelinas,Sifu Baralis.Sifu  Fajardo
Ng Ga kuen Kung fu(GM Ark Yueh Wong system) under Sifu Seming Ma
Kuntao Silat De Thouars Honor to Guru Tuan Randall Goodwin
Who s Who