Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/kajukenb/public_html/cafe/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Women & Groin Strikes

Author Topic: Women & Groin Strikes  (Read 45869 times)

Offline Gints Klimanis

• Moderators
  • Black Belt
    • Gentlemen's Fighting Club
Re: Women & Groin Strikes
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2009, 02:54:54 PM »
Behemoth of a guy lifted me up about a foot in the air and landed me in the minor emegency clinic with a "straddle injury to the perineum."  I finished the match, though.  :)

Oh, that is bad.  You finished the match?  WOW.
"We do not condone the use of a toilet seat as a deadly weapon"
Go Shin Jutsu Kenpo, 3rd Degree Black Belt Prof. Richard Lewis
Bono JKD/Kajukenbo, Prof. John Bono, San Jose, CA
Baltic Dog, Dog Brothers Martial Arts

Offline Ferran

• White Belt
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2009, 03:44:35 AM »
You mean they don't have to use groin protectors as a standard? The standard, here, is groin protection for everyone, chest protection for women --quite in tune with Bob Orlando's articles, but developed independently--.

If someone doesn't wear protection, I'll try to be gentle, but we advertise north and south the need to wear them, so I won't feel too much guilty if I miss (*). Male or female doesn't enter the equation: hurting is hurting.

(*) We have a simple protocol for newbies and people who forget their protection. They miss it often, though. They're supposed to tell their partner about it every time techniques restart after an explanation or such. We are _not_ used to avoid groins, and we end up forgetting unless we're reminded. Some of them don't believe it enough.
Quote from: agarcia
Ferran training Kajukenbo under Sifu Marc Gallardo, (KSDI Cataluña), and me, GM Angel Garcia-Soldado, KSDI EUROPE.

Offline KajuJKDFighter

• Senior Moderator
  • Black Belt
  • "Accept the things to which fate binds you"
    • Bono's Jeet Kune Do and Kajukenbo
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2009, 09:42:20 AM »
Ferran the Cafe's requires your real name and affiliations please....
GM John E Bono DC
9th Degree Grand Master Gaylord Method Kajukenbo
Full Instructor-Hartsell's Jeet Kune Do Grappling Assoc
Chief Instructor Bono's Jeet Kune Do/Kajukenbo
Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them a desire,a dream,a vision

Offline Ferran

• White Belt
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2009, 11:40:46 AM »
Ferran _is_ my real name.

Quote from: agarcia
Ferran training Kajukenbo under Sifu Marc Gallardo, (KSDI Cataluña), and me, GM Angel Garcia-Soldado, KSDI EUROPE.

Offline KajuJKDFighter

• Senior Moderator
  • Black Belt
  • "Accept the things to which fate binds you"
    • Bono's Jeet Kune Do and Kajukenbo
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2009, 01:08:39 PM »
Maybe you can put your school and first and last etc....so people can get to know you...that is why you are here right?
GM John E Bono DC
9th Degree Grand Master Gaylord Method Kajukenbo
Full Instructor-Hartsell's Jeet Kune Do Grappling Assoc
Chief Instructor Bono's Jeet Kune Do/Kajukenbo
Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them a desire,a dream,a vision

Online Bautista's

• teaching since 1966
  • Senior Moderator
  • Brown Belt
  • you show me-I show you
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2009, 03:24:14 PM »
Ferran _is_ my real name. (Quote)

We of the Kajukenbo Cafe would like to know of whom we are speaking to. We know most members as who they are by their signature, In Kajukenbo we hide nothing but are proad of being who we are. We all earned it. Who am I, It is to long to tell but our bio is here on the cafe if you wish to check us out. Rules and regulation, trust and honor is part of what we are all about. Wecome aboard

Emil Bautista
Kajukenbo black belt (1966)