Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/kajukenb/public_html/cafe/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Bull in the Ring

Author Topic: Bull in the Ring  (Read 3712 times)

Offline John Bishop

• Black Belt
  • Seek Knowledge, Not Rank
Bull in the Ring
« on: November 08, 2006, 09:40:11 PM »
John Bishop  8th Degree-Original Method 
Under Grandmaster Gary Forbach
K.S.D.I. # 478, FMAA

"You watch, once I'm gone, all the snakes will start popping their heads up!"  Sijo Emperado

Offline Stan Kristovich

• BlackBelt
  • Blue Belt
  • Stan Kristovich
Re: Bull in the Ring
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 01:17:26 AM »
I love this setup!  It lets the students get aggressive, apply techniques freestyle at whatever skill level and still gives the instructor control . . . great video.

Regards,
Stan K
Aloha,
Stan Kristovich
(a Black Belt instructor [and currently on extended sabattical] in North Las Vegas, Nevada
Formerly of Stevenson Kenpo-Karate, Mililani, HI

Offline David Earl

• White Belt
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 06:43:17 PM »
This is awesome. My first experince with bull in the ring was very mild compared to this, due to me bein' a white belt an all. I have to admit, it was one of the coolest things to experience the techniques in practice.

It's good to review this video for what-if situations. Thanks for posting it! I'm now a subscriber. Really helpful stuff!

-D
Melas Kajukenbo
Oakland, Ca.

Offline Danjo

• BlackBelt
  • Brown Belt
  • Kajukenbo Forever!
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2006, 11:36:56 AM »
This is awesome. My first experince with bull in the ring was very mild compared to this, due to me bein' a white belt an all. I have to admit, it was one of the coolest things to experience the techniques in practice.

It's good to review this video for what-if situations. Thanks for posting it! I'm now a subscriber. Really helpful stuff!

-D

It sure teaches you not to get locked into the one punch-one kick type sparring. When two are coming in, it really heightens one's awareness.
"Rank Without Honor is Nothing."
Dan Weston
3rd Degree Black Belt under Prof. Bishop
FMAA
Don't tell me how much you honor Sijo, if you don't respect his wishes.

Offline Ronin59

• White Belt
  • "Empty your cup"
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2006, 12:43:53 AM »
Bull in the ring really does help to increase your awareness and be cognizant of your surroundings.  If you ever grew up in a military housing projects like in Hawaii and Wilmington, California...you know what I mean.

It's good to be training again after so many years away.  Thank you, Professor Bishop for giving us this opportunity and pushing us! :)
Rod Pundamiera
Student Under Professor John Bishop

Offline Hook

• BlackBelt
  • Blue Belt
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2007, 06:17:06 AM »
I remember doing this without protective gear. I think that means I'm getting old. Good stuff though !!!
Sibak Raymond Hook