Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/kajukenb/public_html/cafe/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Looking for Schools or Teachers in or around Coronado/San Diego Area.

Author Topic: Looking for Schools or Teachers in or around Coronado/San Diego Area.  (Read 4973 times)

Offline Buck Murray

• White Belt
Hello everyone.

I am finding it tough to find a school in San Diego. I am origianlly from Seaside, Oregon and was studying Chuan Fa kajukenbo there and I want to continue my training while I am in the Navy here in San Diego. Does anyone know what Kajukenbo Schools are in the Coronado/San Diego area? Preferably Chuan Fa but I can look into the other styles.

Thanks,

Buck Murray
United States Navy

Offline sifujoe

• White Belt
Re: Looking for Schools or Teachers in or around Coronado/San Diego Area.
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 10:14:34 AM »
Aloha Braddah Buck,

Also welcome to San Diego, I was raised in San Diego after my father (retired navy) brought the family form the islands...you're in a great town...two dojos' to check out...Chinese Kenpo Federation (Hawaiian Kenpo) in Chula Vista/Sifu Pete Salas.  Also Sifu Rodney Alo in Mira Mesa (Kajukenpo/Abad tree branch) however I believe he is currently teaching out of the Hilltop Rec Center (?).

If you connect tell them Braddah Joie Angeles said "Aloha"...

wishing peace and aloha...

Sifu Joie Angeles,
Modified Boxing System
Dradgons Den Kajukenpo/MMA
Union City , CA
Professor Joe Ku'e Angeles,
United Kenpo Federation
Bok Fu Kenpo / Contreras Kenpo
Tatlong Landas Kempo
Villabrille-Largussa Kali
Dragons Den Kajukenbo MMA Club
Union City , CA
"Only the one who uses the knife, can understand the wound- Bai, Zen master"

Offline MVPMatt

• BlackBelt
  • Blue Belt
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 12:33:20 AM »
Aloha Braddah Buck,

Also Sifu Rodney Alo in Mira Mesa (Kajukenpo/Abad tree branch) however I believe he is currently teaching out of the Hilltop Rec Center (?).

If you connect tell them Braddah Joie Angeles said "Aloha"...

Sifu Joie is correct about Sigung  8) RodRod Alo teaching at Hilltop Rec Center in San Diego.  I'm sure I'm a bit far north of you, but if you're up in the Escondido Area, I have a small but intense class at the YMCA up there.  Regardless, feel free to call me for Sigung Rod's contact info.  His class is about 20 minutes north of Coronado.

Sifu Joie, I'll pass along the greeting to Sigung Rod for you.    ;)

Mahao,

Sifu Matt
Sifu Matthew Porter
3rd Degree Black Belt
Under Professor Rodney Alo
Athens, TX

Offline lily

• White Belt
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2006, 02:43:44 AM »
Hey!! Look who it is!

Hiya Sifu Matt, I'm the one with the 2 girls in Sigung Rodney's class (you'll remember when I tell you, my younger one walks on her toes).  I googled Kajukenbo and look where I ended up!  LOL

This is a cool board!  I'll tell the other moms about this when we get together next Friday for our bi-weekly mommy gossip session while Sigung Rodney yells at the kids.   ;)

lily

Offline Sigung Jeff Macalolooy

• BlackBelt
  • Blue Belt
  • Family First.
    • Dragons Den MMA
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2006, 12:03:00 PM »
Buck,

I'n not sure what kind of training you are looking for, but my brother just moved to San Diego to attend SDSU where he is a Kinesiology major.  He is training in the garage with a few friends.  He has 14 years experience in Kaju and holds a 2nd Degree Black.  He also has 10 years competitive wrestling experience and has fought full-contact in the ring (kickboxing and MMA/pankration).  You can email him at jonmac85@yahoo.com if you need a place to workout. Good luck finding a place to train.

Peace.
Sifu Jeff Macalolooy
www.DragonsDenMMA.com
Jeff Macalolooy
Focus on the future.
www.DragonsDenMMA.com
ucjmac@yahoo.com

Offline MVPMatt

• BlackBelt
  • Blue Belt
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2006, 11:26:49 PM »
Hi Lily!!

You've got a beautiful Ohana and I hope they continue with one of the best there is for a long time!!
I won't tell Sigung about the "Mommy gossip" sessions in class - he may give you push-ups  ;D  Ha Ha.
See you around class soon!

Sifu Jeff,
Tell your Bro' "Welcome to San Diego"!  He'll love it.  The tough part is to keep his mind on the books, and not the scene  ;)
Lotsa great things to distract from studies (if you know what I mean).

Buck, if you're still looking, my number is 858-335-7164 - feel free to call anytime.

Peace,

Sifu Matt
Sifu Matthew Porter
3rd Degree Black Belt
Under Professor Rodney Alo
Athens, TX

LOYALONEHK

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008, 11:42:53 PM »
Buck,

I'n not sure what kind of training you are looking for, but my brother just moved to San Diego to attend SDSU where he is a Kinesiology major.  He is training in the garage with a few friends.  He has 14 years experience in Kaju and holds a 2nd Degree Black.  He also has 10 years competitive wrestling experience and has fought full-contact in the ring (kickboxing and MMA/pankration).  You can email him at jonmac85@yahoo.com if you need a place to workout. Good luck finding a place to train.

Peace.
Sifu Jeff Macalolooy
www.DragonsDenMMA.com

Sigung Jeff,

I know this is an old post...  I have a student relocating to the Air Base in Miramar very soon (20 days from now).  He is loving the small taste of training he has gotten here and wants to keep progressing.

If your Brothers teaching like he did at the Round 2 Seminar, I feel this will be a perfect fit for him. 

Mahalo,
Dean