Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/kajukenb/public_html/cafe/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Mateo Kajukenbo

Author Topic: Mateo Kajukenbo  (Read 3602 times)

Offline Wado

• BlackBelt
  • Brown Belt
  • llama llama
Mateo Kajukenbo
« on: August 17, 2006, 08:31:13 PM »

I'm just starting to learn about posting video. Here is a example of Punch & Counter 1B from Gaylord Method.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBqBOm3OpFc

I'm in this video with yellow belt Randy (now he is Orange belt). I appologize that the technique is not completely textbook, it was tough to get Randy to react the way I wanted to do the full technique. If I kicked him too hard in the small intestine he would lean well forward so I had to pull my kick, and his arms were a bit sore from me hitting them in practice so his punches slowed down. He also turned away near the end preventing me from executing a good forearm strike so I improvised with a knee to the midsection.

I have to admit it was fun and I think Randy did a great job as uke even though I had trouble getting him to react as I wanted to show a good textbook technique.
W. Yamauchi
Mateo Kajukenbo
Seattle, Washington

Offline KajuJKDFighter

• Senior Moderator
  • Black Belt
  • "Accept the things to which fate binds you"
    • Bono's Jeet Kune Do and Kajukenbo
Re: Mateo Kajukenbo
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 09:29:06 PM »
Good video job, here is that punch art written down..

2B.  Attack;  Attacker punches your face with his right hand, then
      with his left. 
        Defense;  Your left leg laterals out to a forward stance.
      Your left hand brush blocks the attackers arm.
      Your right hand outward blocks the attackers arm. 
Your right leg front snap kicks the attackers groin, then sets in a right cat stance.
         Attacker then strikes with his left hand.
      Your left hand downward brush blocks to his left hand.
      You then right back knuckle strike to his face.
Your right leg then steps forward as your right arm loads and does a crossing elbow strike to his head.                   
GM John E Bono DC
9th Degree Grand Master Gaylord Method Kajukenbo
Full Instructor-Hartsell's Jeet Kune Do Grappling Assoc
Chief Instructor Bono's Jeet Kune Do/Kajukenbo
Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them a desire,a dream,a vision

Offline Wado

• BlackBelt
  • Brown Belt
  • llama llama
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006, 12:49:17 AM »
Thank you Sigung Bono,

That is how I learned Punch & Counter 2B also. In the video I was attempting Punch & Counter 1B.

Punch & Counter 1B as taught to me:

Attacker: Right cross to face, Left hook

Defender:
1. Step off the line of attack 45 degrees forward to the outside of the punch.

2. Left parry punch

3. Right outward block combined with back knuckle strike to the tricep.

4. Right snap kick to small intestine/groin, recover foot to the right aligning body to defend against second punch.

5. Attacker left hook punch comes, left smother chop to the bicep of the hooking arm (if hook does not come do not wait for it and can instead intercept the hook with a chop to the soft point under the rotator cuff to the front of the shoulder). The smother chop is done with a drop in the weight (almost a kneel but keep feet close enough together so not to allow the knee to hit the pavement), this is a strong technique not a weaker slap.

6. Right hand chambers (this hides the fist from the attacker's point of view)

7. Right cross to the side of attacker's head (this is a powerful punch using good hip rotation). It should be with forward momentum so even if the attacker moves away you are in range to attack.

8. Stay in close to attacker with the right foot, right hand already extended from the punch strikes the neck of the attacker with the forearm or hammer fist.

I hope I got that right. I list each step as if separate but rather many of the steps are done together in a flow, hopefully the whole technique is done with power and fluidity.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2006, 12:51:47 AM by Wado »
W. Yamauchi
Mateo Kajukenbo
Seattle, Washington

Offline KajuJKDFighter

• Senior Moderator
  • Black Belt
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2006, 01:10:19 AM »
Fairly close to the original....
1B.  Attack;  Attacker punches with his right hand, then with his       
      left hand to your face.
        Defense;  Your left leg steps out lateral  to a forward stance at 45 degrees.
      Your left hand brush blocks the attackers arm.
      Your right arm outward blocks the attackers arm.
      Your right leg front snap kicks to the attackers groin.
         Attacker now strikes with his left arm.
As you set your right leg down you step towards the insdie of the left punch,
 your left hand bottom fist strikes to the attackers shoulder medial to the deltoid (we actually aim for the clavicle so if they are slow we hit and damage it, if fast we hit the area where the medial anterior delt meets the pec, there is a berve plexus there).
      Your right hand punches thru the attackers jaw.
You single chop with your right hand to the attackers right neck (carotid artery).
GM John E Bono DC
Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them a desire,a dream,a vision

Offline KajuJKDFighter

• Senior Moderator
  • Black Belt
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2006, 01:15:39 AM »
The section 5 in your description will put you in a very vunerable position outside of their body with your body turned just to make a block. 
Also a strong hook can still bend at the elbow at times and hit you with that type of block.  The inside shoulder if doen right, stocks them in their tracks and usually makes them step back clearing room for your punch to come...Hope this makes sense to you.
GM John E Bono DC

Offline Wado

• BlackBelt
  • Brown Belt
  • llama llama
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2006, 01:35:04 AM »
The section 5 in your description will put you in a very vunerable position outside of their body with your body turned just to make a block. 
Also a strong hook can still bend at the elbow at times and hit you with that type of block.  The inside shoulder if doen right, stocks them in their tracks and usually makes them step back clearing room for your punch to come...Hope this makes sense to you.

Thanks again Sigung Bono.

What you said makes sense to me. I need to work more on my technique.

The reason I believe my fist choice went to hitting the arm over the shoulder area is because I'm usually slow against the hook so I end up covering and stopping the hook with my right arm moments before my left hand strikes the arm, which I then use to cut down the elbow to unbalance uke and stun the arm.

The shoulder area was the original that I was taught, come to think of it. Especially good against a proper boxing hook where the punch moves with the shoulder.

I can see principles that make this technique work.

edit: I did not know about the strike to break the collar bone... thanks for that.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2006, 01:40:26 AM by Wado »
W. Yamauchi
Mateo Kajukenbo
Seattle, Washington

Offline KajuJKDFighter

• Senior Moderator
  • Black Belt
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2006, 11:27:26 AM »
If you are a little slow off the line that's the perfect hit your doing...It's great for me to see others doing the techniques and to visualize them....thanks for keeping me on my toes....
GM John E Bono DC

Offline KajuJKDFighter

• Senior Moderator
  • Black Belt
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2006, 12:15:15 PM »
It is Gaylord's own style, Pinians, punch arts, grab arts etc.....like all methods you can always tell Kaju, but with it's own style...
GM John E Bono DC