Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/kajukenb/public_html/cafe/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Kajukembo Clip

Author Topic: Kajukembo Clip  (Read 7202 times)

Offline NYKaju

• Black Belt
  • Village Pariah
Kajukembo Clip
« on: May 24, 2006, 01:06:42 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmZbvGrCXxU&search=kajukembo

anyone know who these guys are personally?
Sensei/Coach James Mayors
Ronin Martial Arts
Kajukenbo under Dan Tyrrell
BJJ under Matt Serra
Judo under Mark Staniszewski
"You don't rise to the level of your expectations, you fall to the level of your training"

Offline John Bishop

• Black Belt
  • Seek Knowledge, Not Rank
Re: Kajukembo Clip
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 01:28:05 PM »
Looks like Prof. Augustin Lopez's group from Spain.
John Bishop  8th Degree-Original Method 
Under Grandmaster Gary Forbach
K.S.D.I. # 478, FMAA

"You watch, once I'm gone, all the snakes will start popping their heads up!"  Sijo Emperado

Offline Claudio

• BlackBelt
  • Blue Belt
  • Empty your mind
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 01:32:36 PM »
It's Augustin Lopez,

The other guys are from american kenpo, Jiujitsu and other systems, it was a seminar in Spain I think. But only Augustin was Kajukembo
Prof. Claude "Claudio" Lawson III
Ronin Kombat Systems / American Kajukembo Assoc

Kajukembo/Kajukenbo(GM Davis)/ Brazilian Jiujitsu/Kick Boxing/ Practical Weapons/ JKD

Offline NYKaju

• Black Belt
  • Village Pariah
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 02:25:29 PM »
Cool. Thanks
Sensei/Coach James Mayors
Ronin Martial Arts
Kajukenbo under Dan Tyrrell
BJJ under Matt Serra
Judo under Mark Staniszewski
"You don't rise to the level of your expectations, you fall to the level of your training"

Offline Israel Gonzales

• BlackBelt
  • Yellow Belt
    • www.themartialart.com
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2006, 11:14:14 PM »
The Kajukembo gentleman is Professor Agustin Lopez, senior black belt student of the late GM Richard Peralta. The Ju Jitsu man is Paxti, instructor from Scottland. The other guy is a Kenpo man (don't remember his name) from Ed Parkers Kenpo. The tall grappler is one of Professor Lopez' black belts. His name is Juan Babiloni (sp).
Professor Lopez commented that he and all these guys work together and cross train to improve what they know. Hope this helps.

Prof. Lopez comes to Texas and trains with us every other year for the whole month of August. His knowledge of martial arts is amazing and his technique is flawless.

Respectfully,

Israel.
Sifu Israel Gonzales
Kajukembo Self-Defense Systems
Fort Worth, Texas.
(Sijo Emperado - GM Aleju Reyes - GM Richard Peralta - Israel Gonzales)
www.themartialart.com

Offline Topper

• White Belt
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2006, 06:13:55 AM »
Hi there! I will like to add a bit to what Israle said...

I know them all ´cause I was there... The long- haired one is Carlos Jodar, and the one who makes the techiniques with him, is his brother, Sergio. Both of them I think, are Kenpo Karate 3rd dan

The one with yellow shorts is jonathan Vega, Ju Jitsu- Vale Tudo 4th dan

The one with blue and white kimono, is Patxi Escribano, Scottish Ju Jitsu 3rd Dan

And the one left is Agustin Lopez, Kajukembo 8th Dan...

The taller one, as Israel says, is Juan Babiloni (my master)

Kind regards from a sunny Madrid.

Topper

"...tened la mente abierta, creed lo que haceis, respetar y ayudar a los demas y nunca olvideis a vuestro profesor".

------------------

"... stay open- minded, believe in what you do, respect and help the others, and never forget your master"

César Prior
Kajukembo Student

Offline John Bishop

• Black Belt
  • Seek Knowledge, Not Rank
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2006, 11:55:47 AM »
Hi there! I will like to add a bit to what Israle said...

I know them all ´cause I was there... The long- haired one is Carlos Jodar, and the one who makes the techiniques with him, is his brother, Sergio. Both of them I think, are Kenpo Karate 3rd dan

The one with yellow shorts is jonathan Vega, Ju Jitsu- Vale Tudo 4th dan

The one with blue and white kimono, is Patxi Escribano, Scottish Ju Jitsu 3rd Dan

And the one left is Agustin Lopez, Kajukembo 8th Dan...

The taller one, as Israel says, is Juan Babiloni (my master)

Kind regards from a sunny Madrid.

Topper

We want to welcome you to the Kajukenbo Cafe, and we're very glad you've chosen to join us.  We also look forward to your contributions to the forum.
But please take a minute to comply with the following membership requirement: If your member name is a "nick name", please put your true name, rank and school/affliation in the "signature" section of your profile, so it appears at the bottom of your posts.  If you are not a Kajukenbo practitioner, then just your name is  sufficient
John Bishop  8th Degree-Original Method 
Under Grandmaster Gary Forbach
K.S.D.I. # 478, FMAA

"You watch, once I'm gone, all the snakes will start popping their heads up!"  Sijo Emperado

Offline Israel Gonzales

• BlackBelt
  • Yellow Belt
    • www.themartialart.com
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2006, 10:30:52 PM »
Hello Topper, great to see one of Juan's students here. Agustin shared that seminar video with me when he was in my home this past summer. Juan also spent some time here in 2004. He taught in both my schools during his visit. Hope to see them again soon!

Respectfully,

Israel
Sifu Israel Gonzales
Kajukembo Self-Defense Systems
Fort Worth, Texas.
(Sijo Emperado - GM Aleju Reyes - GM Richard Peralta - Israel Gonzales)
www.themartialart.com

Offline Topper

• White Belt
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2006, 04:55:12 AM »
Hi, Israel and John,

Thank u all for your warm welcome! thanks a lot. I already did what u told me, John. Hope I did it right  :)

I hope, in some years, I would travel to the US to practice there... But first I must try my best here!!

Kind regards from Madrid.

Topper
"...tened la mente abierta, creed lo que haceis, respetar y ayudar a los demas y nunca olvideis a vuestro profesor".

------------------

"... stay open- minded, believe in what you do, respect and help the others, and never forget your master"

César Prior
Kajukembo Student

Offline Mariel Maeso

• BlackBelt
  • Blue Belt
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2006, 07:12:58 AM »
Welcome to the forum!
Saludos Cesar y bienvenido al foro. Estuve por Madrid y Murcia en el 2001 (si mi memoria no me falla) asistiendo a un seminario del   GM Garcia. Dejame decirte que es un hermoso pais. Espero volver en un futuro cercano!
Mariel
University of Puerto Rico Mayaguez Campus
1st Degree Black Belt
Under Sigung Jerry Mendez 7th Degree Black Belt
www.kajukenbopuertorico.com
www.kajukenbohispano.com
Hapkido & Farang Mu Sul 
Under Master Dennis Vega

Offline Topper

• White Belt
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2006, 04:32:45 AM »
Muchas gracias Mariel  :)

By the way, Israel, I saw Juan yesterday and talked with him about this page (and about the lovely peolpe I met) and he told me he knows you, so he sends you kind regards. He also told me the kimono jacket he was wearing was a present from you...  ;)

Well, hope you all have a nice weekend!

With my best wishes,

Topper

------------------

César Prior
Kajukembo Student