Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/kajukenb/public_html/cafe/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Ground Work - Harpers East Coast Branch

Author Topic: Ground Work - Harpers East Coast Branch  (Read 5369 times)

LOYALONEHK

Ground Work - Harpers East Coast Branch
« on: April 02, 2006, 10:01:19 AM »
HM1 Nesbitt, Green belt at HECB Kajukenbo, performs ground work. 
HM2 Victoria is receiving.

Fun stuff.  He didn't know I was recording at the time...  Click on link to enjoy!

Mahalo
Kajukenbo 4-eva!

http://members.vapshare.com/loyalonehk

Offline rockatear

• Blue Belt
  • "Study your teacher carefully", Professor Bones
    • JustThink.Us
Re: Ground Work - Harpers East Coast Branch
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2006, 03:43:37 PM »
loyalonehk,

I enjoyed the video and the execution of HM1 Nesbitt's exercise.  I was curious if this was a training in using all methods you think would do damage and/or hitting vital points and also why was the uki on the ground?  Had HM2 Victoria been thrown to the ground previously or was it mentioned as above?  As an aside, I love watching the video folks are posting.

Thanks,
Shirley Phelps, blue blelt, Hand to Hand Kajukenbo Self-Defense Center, Oakland, CA, www.handtohandkajukenbo.com, Gaylord Method, Chief Head Instructors:  Sifus Jen Resnick and Sonya Richardson

Offline KBOWARRIOR

• BlackBelt
  • Blue Belt
  • Train strong to remain strong/keep the flame alive
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2006, 09:06:27 PM »
I can't speak for Sifu Dean, but that is where all of the Harper Kajukenbo tech. end up.  We don't stop because they hit the ground, that is where the ground work comes in.  Sifu Dean was a master at this and you can see his students are also.  I liked the rip on the ankle Dean, that was always my favorite was to tear stuff up.  As a cop it looks better and is more geared toward my job.  Keep up the good work Sifu, wish I had the time to get back into the Dojo with Prof.  Between job and family, making it tough.  Usually this time of year I have slowed down and am able to train, but it just kept rolling from last year and no time.  I just wripped out my pec fighting a guy 3 weeks ago.  Ask Prof. Harper about it, looks bad, but not letting it slow me down to much.  Hope to see you in Vegas.  Me and Prof. Harper are flying in on Wed and flying out on Mon.  Later

Sibak Mark Wallace
Sifu Mark Wallace
Harper Kajukenbo
Visalia, California
Emperado Revised System

LOYALONEHK

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 05:41:41 AM »
loyalonehk,  I was curious if this was a training in using all methods you think would do damage and/or hitting vital points and also why was the uki on the ground?  Had HM2 Victoria been thrown to the ground previously or was it mentioned as above?  As an aside, I love watching the video folks are posting.

Thanks,

Mahalo Brother,

The video in question is just the icing on the cake.  Applying the "7 second rule" .   3 Seconds up top and 4 seconds on the ground.  The video is just the ground work portion.  He didnt know I was taping him at the time.  The intent is to take the opponent out during the stand up (KO withing 3 seconds) the follow up ground work is to make sure he doesnt get up again.  Violence of action / no stop attack until the opponent stops moving! 

The initial strikes when the opponent hits the ground are finishing moves.  (ie.  Pressure point strikes TW23 at the temples, eye gouges ST1, Nerve strikes GB14/GB15)  Oh, and the knees to the back of the head of course.  The ankle manipulation just makes sure when/if he gets out of the hospital he will be limping for a while giving him time to think about his actions...  LOL

Sifu Webster

KAJUKENBO BABY!
MAHALO NUI LOA

rcollette

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 11:27:18 AM »
I liked that alot - no pausing to think, like he was "zoned" and completling a specific task. Very nice..

LOYALONEHK

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 02:49:36 PM »
Mahalo Nui Loa
Semper Fi

Offline supertim2003

• BlackBelt
  • Blue Belt
  • "That's going to leave a mark"
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2006, 12:16:34 PM »
I found the ground repping very interesting.  We do what we call a 360 rep. where the uke is standing upright and throws a single tech. in which we counter and then proceed to work around his body striking as many of the primary and secondary targets as we can.  I have never thought about doing this from a prone position, but I can see it would be a great training tool.  Right now most of our ground rep is ad lib, but we our of course expected to rep and finish the opponent.
Tim Morrow 1st Degree Black Sash Kajukenbo Tum Pai

LOYALONEHK

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2006, 02:57:58 PM »
I found the ground repping very interesting.  We do what we call a 360 rep. where the uke is standing upright and throws a single tech. in which we counter and then proceed to work around his body striking as many of the primary and secondary targets as we can.  I have never thought about doing this from a prone position, but I can see it would be a great training tool.  Right now most of our ground rep is ad lib, but we our of course expected to rep and finish the opponent.

I like your thinking, we seem to be on the same page...  We also do that and like to incorporate trapping hands and creating opennings in the opponents defense.  Have you tried the same type of drill with rubber knives, sticks, etc?  In addition with the initial attack have the aggressor follow up with secondary and third strikes causing you to redirect clockwise and anti-clockwise around the oponent.  We call it "openning and closing the door" .  If you block/parry outside the attacker that is closing the door and going toward his/her center line is opening the door.  If you cant go in the front door go around to the back...   Thanks for the reply.
Respectfully,
Dean 8)

Offline KOA

• restricted
  • White Belt
    • GUMATAOTAO KAJUKENBO
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2006, 07:12:30 PM »
GOOD VIDEO!! I WAS JUST WATCHING AN OLD VIDEO OF ONE OF G.M. LARRY GUMATAOTAO'S PROMOTION/SEMINARS WITH PROF. HARPER, SIFU DEAN, AND ALOT OF GUMATAOTAO/HARPER KAJUKENBO GUYS IN IT. ITS GOOD TO SEE THAT "FINISHING TOUCH" GROUND WORK GETTING PAST DOWN. NOT ALOT OF SCHOOLS TAUGHT GROUND WORK LIKE MY UNCLE DID.  MY UNCLE WOULD LIKE THAT VIDEO!!!

GUMATAOTAO KAJUKENBO FOREVER!!!
GUMATAOTAO KAJUKENBO
SIBAK BILLY GUMATAOTAO
BLACK BELT UNDER SIGUNG JESSE CORPUS
G.M. BAUTISTA & G.M. GUMATAOTAO LINEAGES
NOR CAL HQ OF K.S.D.I AFFILIATE
KEEP THE KAJUKENBO FLAME BURNING!

Offline KajuJKDFighter

• Senior Moderator
  • Black Belt
  • "Accept the things to which fate binds you"
    • Bono's Jeet Kune Do and Kajukenbo
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2006, 07:34:21 PM »
At my school, we'll step over a opponent during our attack at times, more often when they are face down.  It is hard to counter from the ground, when taking heavy shots, or when you have a shin across your neck.....
GM John E Bono DC
9th Degree Grand Master Gaylord Method Kajukenbo
Full Instructor-Hartsell's Jeet Kune Do Grappling Assoc
Chief Instructor Bono's Jeet Kune Do/Kajukenbo
Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them a desire,a dream,a vision

LOYALONEHK

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2006, 07:50:45 PM »
GOOD VIDEO!!   MY UNCLE WOULD LIKE THAT VIDEO!!!

GUMATAOTAO KAJUKENBO FOREVER!!!

Mahalo Nui Loa

LOYALONEHK

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2006, 09:04:51 PM »
http://members.vapshare.com/loyalonehk

Ok, almost all of my men are in Iraq.  I was looking thru some old stuff and stuck a few more video clips and still shots on the site. 
I really get a kick out of "fig 8's" the footworks not bad either, - check out the clips.  Kill some down time. Enjoy. Critique - whateva!

Dean 8) :P

It's not Gints Fight Club, but with so many Corpsman (medics) we like to analyze the knife wounds, and discuss what damage would occur, if real blades were applied.  :o
« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 09:14:40 PM by loyalonehk »