Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/kajukenb/public_html/cafe/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Got grab arts?

Author Topic: Got grab arts?  (Read 2939 times)

Offline John Magee

• BlackBelt
  • Yellow Belt
  • Good...Bad... I'm the guy with the KAJUKENBO!
Got grab arts?
« on: December 20, 2005, 01:33:42 PM »
If you happen to have video of your favorite grab arts please post them here.
This is our "back grab 12"
Being a larger guy, I find that most martial arts techniques do not play to my natural advantages as they are designed, more often that not, to deal with larger/stronger opponents. This specific technique, on the other hand, seems to be made for a person of my size and temperment.
(I also get a kick out of the WWF feeling I always get when doing this technique)
I cut the video down to 6 MB so it would not be too painfull to down load
http://media.putfile.com/BackGrab12
-special thanks to Joe for being a good uke-

juribe

Re: Got grab arts?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2005, 01:03:03 PM »

This is our "back grab 12"...This specific technique, on the other hand, seems to be made for a person of my size and temperment.

This is our back grab #8 and I agree that it's well suited to a larger person.

When I first started training and knew very few techniques, I was Carla's uke for this one. Carla's big (see her photo in the Kajekenbo's Women Black Belt's thread: http://www.kajukenbocafe.com/smf/index.php?topic=862.45), I'm smaller and, wow, what a surprise when she scooped me way up, then dropped me to the mat!

It was one of the few days where my instructor expressed some concern as I left the dojo: "are you ok?" He was probably wondering if I'd ever show up again  :)

souljahnyne

Re: Got grab arts?
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2005, 11:45:49 PM »
That almost looks like a variation of my school's garb art #6.except mine is should grab from behind (kinda like yanking the guy around for a punch). the scooping part is the variation that my teach showed me could be used. its good for strong tall guys. but if the guy is way havier than u could carry itd be a little hard to do. it strains the back muscles. haha, there's a guy in my clas named Ed. he's a 46 year old native american oak tree. haha, i'm think he was half samoan too. this guy for instance is a good reason not to use this grab art and use another 1