Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/kajukenb/public_html/cafe/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
What does your pinan / form / palamas set 10 look like?

Author Topic: What does your pinan / form / palamas set 10 look like?  (Read 3258 times)

Offline John Magee

• BlackBelt
  • Yellow Belt
  • Good...Bad... I'm the guy with the KAJUKENBO!
What does your pinan / form / palamas set 10 look like?
« on: November 08, 2005, 12:37:07 PM »
10 is a nice number. The Chinese believe 10 has special significance. So on my recent trip to China's Sholin Temple with my teacher Grandmaster Bob Maschmeier and a whole host of other martial artists (including that wacky guy Professor Mitch Powell)  I decided it was only fitting that I preform our version of  pinan 10 there. What does your 10th form look like? Please post it here. I love seeing the diversity within our art.

This is a link streaming wmv file

http://media.putfile.com/Pinan-10

I apoligise in advance for the poor picture quality

This link is better quality, but slower down load...

http://media.putfile.com/Pinan10mpg

My teacher is GM Bob Maschmeier, his teacher is SGM Joe Halbuna, who is under Sijo.
The rumor is that there is another influence here and I am curious who you might think it is.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2005, 12:47:55 PM by John Magee »

Offline SA_Kajukenbo

• BlackBelt
  • Yellow Belt
Re: What does your pinan / form / palamas set 10 look like?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2005, 04:08:39 PM »
I'll see about getting it posted.  I will say that ours is quite a bit different.
Sifu John Hood KSDI#4001
5th Degree
Pastor - His Time Missions; Ebenezer SMC
"There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under Heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1

Offline The Kai

• Yellow Belt
    • Kai Martial Arts
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2005, 06:44:00 AM »
Cool form, thanks for posting it
Todd Martin
Kenpo

Offline rockatear

• Blue Belt
  • "Study your teacher carefully", Professor Bones
    • JustThink.Us
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2005, 07:44:28 AM »
10 is a nice number. The Chinese believe 10 has special significance. So on my recent trip to China's Sholin Temple with my teacher Grandmaster Bob Maschmeier and a whole host of other martial artists (including that wacky guy Professor Mitch Powell)¬  I decided it was only fitting that I preform our version of¬  pinan 10 there. What does your 10th form look like? Please post it here. I love seeing the diversity within our art.

This is a link streaming wmv file

http://media.putfile.com/Pinan-10

I apoligise in advance for the poor picture quality

This link is better quality, but slower down load...

http://media.putfile.com/Pinan10mpg

My teacher is GM Bob Maschmeier, his teacher is SGM Joe Halbuna, who is under Sijo.
The rumor is that there is another influence here and I am curious who you might think it is.

Mr. Magee,

Thanks for putting up your movie pinan 10.  My son's school lineage is that of SGM Halbuna and immediately that of Sifu Eddie Solis.  I was following pretty well and then saw the diversity of where it seems you start to roll on your left shoulder and do a back upward thrust kick.  I do not think I've ever seen that move in pinan 10.  While I know up to pinan 8 in my school of the GGM Gaylord's Method, I can't recall seeing that particular move done by any of our senior students for pinan 10.  However, it is a very cool, cool phrase as it were 8).

Thank you for your powerful and balanced execution of the pinan.  As an aside, my computer is so slow since I am connected by modem (picture quality is excellent) that I had plenty of time to view the video.  In fact, I felt I was learning it as it could only come up frame by frame and then it would go back to the beginning...but that, again is because of my computer.  What a grand trip is must've been for you :).

with respect,
Shirley Phelps, blue blelt, Hand to Hand Kajukenbo Self-Defense Center, Oakland, CA, www.handtohandkajukenbo.com, Gaylord Method, Chief Head Instructors:  Sifus Jen Resnick and Sonya Richardson

Offline McGaret

• White Belt
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2005, 09:53:21 AM »
Great form - but one ??.  Who is the kid preforming it with the short hair??

John McCarthy
                                                                     One of Maschmeier and Magee"s students
John McCarthy
student of:
Grandmaster Bob Maschmeier
Sifu John Magee
Be Humble, Train Hard, Fight Dirty