Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/kajukenb/public_html/cafe/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Cirillo Moving to Texas

Author Topic: Cirillo Moving to Texas  (Read 3355 times)

Offline cirillo

• Blue Belt
    • Wun Hop Kuen Do
Cirillo Moving to Texas
« on: September 29, 2005, 09:06:32 AM »
Hello all... just wanted to say that it is official.  ;D I have signed the contract and will be moving to Texas A&M College of Medicine in October.  So I will be teaching in College Station, once I figure out the procedure for doing that at the university there.  I will try and make sure to keep my web pages up and running, but the links are likely to change sometime in the near future.  Hopefully I will get the chance to visit some of the other schools in the area, but first I gotta get the family and work moved.

8)
Sifu Jeffrey D. Cirillo,  7th Degree Black belt in Wun Hop Kuen Do under GM Al Dacascos and 3rd Degree in FaChuan (Blossom Fist) under Sifu Bill Owens with over 35 years experience in the martial arts.
College Station, TX

Offline Brykell

• White Belt
Re: Cirillo Moving to Texas
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2005, 12:54:54 PM »
Welcome to Texas-to bad its aggieland you are headed to.  Its still Texas though, so I guess we can over look the other.

Brian
Brian-Kajukenbo Original Method-Prof Baker

JessieEscobedo

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2005, 07:08:57 PM »
Welcome to Texas Sifu.  Better get use to those Aggie jokes  ;D  If you ever toward the Dallas Fort Worth area feel free to drop by.

Offline cirillo

• Blue Belt
    • Wun Hop Kuen Do
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2005, 10:09:03 AM »
Yeah, I have heard the jokes already.  Doesn't bother me a bit.  Happy to be leaving Winters behind.  I will do my best to get around to people once I am settled in. 8)
Sifu Jeffrey D. Cirillo,  7th Degree Black belt in Wun Hop Kuen Do under GM Al Dacascos and 3rd Degree in FaChuan (Blossom Fist) under Sifu Bill Owens with over 35 years experience in the martial arts.
College Station, TX

Offline Chief Instructor

• Moderators
  • Brown Belt
    • Hokkien Martial Arts
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2005, 12:08:31 PM »
 :( I'm sorry that we didn't get together while you were in the Midwest. :( Maybe, I'll catch you at your new university. You know how us academic types are.

Take care,
Andrew
Sigung Andrew Evans, KSDI #888
Hokkien Martial Arts, Topeka, KS
http://www.TopekaKarate.com

Offline Chief Instructor

• Moderators
  • Brown Belt
    • Hokkien Martial Arts
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2005, 03:54:57 PM »
Hey hey hey! Great news!

Sifu Jeffrey Cirillo had to make an overnight stop in Kansas on his way to Texas. So he stopped by and said hi.

Nebraska's lost is Texas's gain!

Along with his skills in the martial arts, he is extremely knowledgeable in the histories of Kajukenbo and Wun Hop Kuen Do. It was a pleasure meeting and talking story with someone who has such a strong passion for the martial arts! (We also talked a little science. The man is a wealth of knowledge in many areas.)

Travel safely!!

Andrew
Sigung Andrew Evans, KSDI #888
Hokkien Martial Arts, Topeka, KS
http://www.TopekaKarate.com

Offline cirillo

• Blue Belt
    • Wun Hop Kuen Do
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2005, 08:57:40 AM »
You guys were GREAT!!!  I really enjoyed the chance to visit and will do so whenever I can.  I expect to be going back and forth to Nebraska for a while anyway.  We'll see.  Hopefully I can pick up some more of your knife work.  The stuff you have been working on is outstanding.  Your students are certainly lucky.

Anyway, I had a great time and thanks for the hospitality.

Everybody else... if you get the chance you should definitely drop by Topeka and check out Chief Evans is doing.  Nice stuff. 8)

By the way Andrew.  The trip went well.  My wife and the kids are all set up in Texas.  Managed to find a house.  Now I am back in Nebraska (I flew, no chance to stop in Kansas) and I leave here for Texas again (this time permanently) near the end of next week.  Hope to see you down there during your travels.
College Station, TX