Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/kajukenb/public_html/cafe/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Kajukenbo in Public Schools

Author Topic: Kajukenbo in Public Schools  (Read 11315 times)

Offline York Parris

• BlackBelt
  • White Belt
Re: Kajukenbo in Public Schools
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2006, 09:53:02 PM »
Hello Sifu Trent,
It sounds like a great idea and I wish that I had known about this before leaving Vancouver.  I am now in Auburn WA and would love to talk with you.  I coach gymnastics at the competitive level and am a Black Belt under GM Al Dacascos.  I am coaching at the Auburn Gymnastics Center and will be teaching WHKD and Escrima there as well. 

I would like to talk with you about trying the same thing up in this area.  I can be reached at (360) 521-3079.  Thank you for your post and look forward to being in touch soon.

Sihing York Parris
Black Belt, Wun Hop Kuen Do Kung Fu
Under GM Al Dacascos

Offline Jason Goldsmith

• BlackBelt
  • Brown Belt
    • Tactical Kung Fu and MMA
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2006, 11:16:54 AM »
To add to the mix, I have had a lot of success (and experience) teaching WHKD in colleges.  It is a nice deal because they pay for all the equipment (and facilities), for instructors to fly out for seminars and testing, and even a small instructor stipend.  The downside is you have to generate student interest and involvement first, so that they will go fill out the paperwork and administer the club.
Sifu Jason Goldsmith
5th Degree, Wun Hop Kuen Do Kung Fu
Under GM Al Dacascos
Instructor--WHKD
Durham NC and Philadelphia PA
www.tkfmma.com

Offline envisiontj

• BlackBelt
  • Brown Belt
  • Thanks Jeff and Boogie!!
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2006, 12:48:51 PM »
Hello Sihing Parris,

I will try to give you a call a little later or at least message you again.  I am on my way out the door.  My number is (503) 803-2055, you are always welcome to call me also.  Teaching in the schools is a great experience, I have found some of my best students that way.  It also gives you a chance to give back to the community by helping the youth, and you get to get them started down a good Martial Arts path.  Even if they don't continue with Kajukenbo forever, they will take with them the dynamics you teach for the rest of their lives.
Sifu Trent Junker
Realm Of The Tiger Kajukenbo - Portland, OR
Under GM Gerry Scott