Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/kajukenb/public_html/cafe/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
About the Who's Who

Author Topic: About the Who's Who  (Read 11798 times)

Offline John Bishop

• Black Belt
  • Seek Knowledge, Not Rank
About the Who's Who
« on: February 07, 2003, 12:12:57 PM »
These biographies are gathered from various sources of information.  Some old, some new.  
If they are not current or accurate in some information or rank, please know that the error was not intentional.  Feel free to email me any corrections or updated information that you feel should be added.
As to who's included in this forum.  We're trying to profile as many Grandmasters and Professor's as we can find information on.  After that we hope to add famous Kajukenbo practitioners who are in the movie industry, professional sports, and world class tournament competition.  
So please be patient, when we're done this should be the largest data base of information on senior/famous Kajukenbo practitioners anywhere on the net.    
« Last Edit: September 08, 2004, 01:39:50 AM by John Bishop »
John Bishop  8th Degree-Original Method 
Under Grandmaster Gary Forbach
K.S.D.I. # 478, FMAA

"You watch, once I'm gone, all the snakes will start popping their heads up!"  Sijo Emperado

Offline Bautista's

• teaching since 1966
  • Senior Moderator
  • Brown Belt
  • you show me-I show you
Re:About the Who's Who
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2004, 02:44:37 AM »
Do you think there is a possible way to put faces, on the who's who and extended family section, be it current or past picture or photos. I know, it would be a challange.
Emil Bautista
Emil Bautista
Kajukenbo black belt (1966)

Offline Steve

• Blue Belt
  • Peace and Love
Re: About the Who's Who
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2006, 11:32:55 PM »

Howdy

Whats about Prof Clarence Luna Emperado? 
Steve Malette
Kajukenbo /chuan fa  Honor to GM Gelinas,Sifu Baralis.Sifu  Fajardo
Ng Ga kuen Kung fu(GM Ark Yueh Wong system) under Sifu Seming Ma
Kuntao Silat De Thouars Honor to Guru Tuan Randall Goodwin
Who s Who

Offline John Bishop

• Black Belt
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 01:02:18 PM »
With the large number of biographies we have here at the Cafe, it is impossible for us to be aware of all the promotions and changes that occur.  So please inform us if someones biography needs to be updated.  These updates should come directly from the individual, or someone authorized by them to convey the information.
K.S.D.I. # 478, FMAA

"You watch, once I'm gone, all the snakes will start popping their heads up!"  Sijo Emperado

Offline Rev. Brian Henderson

• BlackBelt
  • Yellow Belt
  • Leeward Kenpo Karate-KAJUKENBO sine 1987
    • TheGatherings
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 07:28:35 PM »
Has anyone else received this email listed below?  I have never heard of this person and don't know what to make of the request.  Thanks in advance!

Sifu Brian Henderson
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello Fellow Kenpoist!

If you are not a kenpoist, then I apologize for the intrusion (and if you already know me and were in the first book, then please pass this along to anyone you think might be interested). I’ve been scouring my contacts and various kenpo sites on the internet to reach as many kenpoists as possible. My name is Amy Long and I compiled volume 1 of the Kenpo Continuum.

The book is a collection of stories of kenpoists from many lineages, who tell their story about why they started kenpo and why they stayed with it for so very long. The book is open to all kenpo black belts with a min. of 10 years of time on the mat. I know a lot of you have a whole lot longer than that 'under your belts', so to speak.

For those of you who are the quiet type and don’t like to toot your horn, please let me assure you that I’m not the least bit interested in posting stories from people who are. The point of the book is to capture the story of kenpo, as told by its players. I want to know why you started kenpo, know which instructors inspired you and why, and hear how it has changed your life.

Lists of awards, trophies, and how great everyone thinks you are, is something that you can leave on the cutting room floor.

The first book was filled with some amazing, inspirational stories and I hope to fill the second one with just as many. If you feel that writing about yourself feels like horn-tooting, write it to give honor to your instructor and your path, or have someone interview you and write it for you in the third person. I would love to see more of Bob White’s people, Paul Mills', John Sepulveda’s, Doc Chapel’s, Chuck Sullivan's and other lineages represented. I know Mr. Wedlake has some amazing people in his lineage, as well as so many other’s I’ve had the pleasure of working with that there are too numerous to mention here.

I haven’t set a final date yet for submissions, but I will soon. I’ve been promoting it on Facebook and Twitter. There is a Kenpo Continuum fan page and group. Please look it up and ‘like’ it, so you can be kept up on what’s happening.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kenpo-Continuum-Book/190566794323637?ref=ts

I’ve already read some great stories and I look forward to reading many more. For more information about the submission guidelines, please go to http://www.kenpocotinuum.com.
Rev. (Prof.) Brian T. Henderson (KSDI# 641)
Leeward Kenpo Karate Assoc.
Trinity Christian Martial Arts Ministry
7210 Lisbon St., San Diego, CA 92114
(619) 977-1613

Offline John Bishop

• Black Belt
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011, 12:35:01 AM »
I know her.  The book she does is what they refer to as a "vanity" book.  Basically, people pay a fee to be in the "who's who" type book, and she self publishes it and sells copies to the people's friends, relatives, students, etc.  Looks like she's getting ready to do volume 2. 
Someone sent me a complementary copy of the first one she did.  The book's basically like the martial arts "Halls of Fame's" that charge people a fee to receive their induction and award. 
If someone is really worthy of inclusion in a book or hall of fame, then their won't be a fee attached.
K.S.D.I. # 478, FMAA

Offline Ron Baker

• BlackBelt
  • Brown Belt
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2011, 08:30:26 AM »
HELLO TO ALL...I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME WITH INFO ON MY SIFU AND HIS INSTRUCTOR AND WHAT BRANCH,STYLE OR METHOD OF KAJU I COME FROM.I AM CURRENTLY NOT TRAINING BECAUSE MY SIFU DOESNT TEACH AT THIS MOMENT,BUT HIS NAME IS SIFU RAY LOPEZ AND HIS INSTRUCTOR WAS SIFU JOHN VALDEZ..THANK YOU IN ADVANCE
The name John Valdez sounds vaguely familiar ... but then it's a fairly common name, so I could be wrong in my recollection.

If you know exactly where to look, Sifu Lopez could be on the Kajukenbo Tree.  If you're not sure about his particular lineage, I'm sure that somebody has at least some kind of database of every name that's on the tree and how the names got there.  Good luck in your search.
Sigung (Shihan) Ron Baker
Kajukenbo 5280 MMA Foundation
Under GM Jason Groff
Ordonez Kajukenbo Ohana

Offline Rev. Brian Henderson

• BlackBelt
  • Yellow Belt
  • Leeward Kenpo Karate-KAJUKENBO sine 1987
    • TheGatherings
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2011, 01:21:46 PM »
The book's basically like the martial arts "Halls of Fame's" that charge people a fee to receive their induction and award. 
If someone is really worthy of inclusion in a book or hall of fame, then their won't be a fee attached.

Thanks for that info Professor!  I suspected somthing along those lines!
Rev. (Prof.) Brian T. Henderson (KSDI# 641)
Leeward Kenpo Karate Assoc.
Trinity Christian Martial Arts Ministry
7210 Lisbon St., San Diego, CA 92114
(619) 977-1613