Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/kajukenb/public_html/cafe/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Sr Grandmaster Emil Bautista under KSDI.#317

Author Topic: Sr Grandmaster Emil Bautista under KSDI.#317  (Read 38684 times)

Offline John Bishop

• Black Belt
  • Seek Knowledge, Not Rank
Sr Grandmaster Emil Bautista under KSDI.#317
« on: February 06, 2003, 11:36:11 AM »

Conceived on October 06th 1938 at Alameda Ca. a filipino of Ilocano and Pangasinan decent, a ninth-degree red belt with silver trim under Sijo Adriano D. Emperado, Emil Bautista has celebrated over fifty years of teaching. In recognition of his contribution to the art, he was granted the title of professor 9th degree in Nov. 1993 at Lake Tahoe, NV, then Grand Master title 9th degree at the 50th anniversary tournament and seminar in June at Las Vegas, NV. in 1999. In July of 2014 he received his Senior Grandmaster by Senior Grandmaster Dechie Emperado in Las Vegas at the age of 75

At 23, Emil Bautista began his journey into the Kajukenbo system in 1961, when he began attending karate classes at the gym taught at Travis Air Force base, Ca. from the late Aleju Reyes, two of his greats were Don Nahoolewa and Richard Peralta. By 1963 Emil had begun to train in Fairfield Ca. There he found his way to the late Antonio Ramos the man who would teach and later promote him to the rank of student black belt on June 12, 1966 under what was called then the the Kajukenbo Self-Defense institute. He was the third black belt promoted after John Ramos and Calvin Shin. He was then certified to the rank of 7th degree under Antonio Ramos in 1983. Still teaching Ramos concept for 53 years.

After receiving his 1st degree Black belt on May of 1967 on Broadway St. in Vallejo, Sibak Bautista began to develop students of his own, and in the early part of 1968 he opened the doors to the Kajukenbo Self-Defense Institute at 974 Benicia Road, Vallejo, Ca. where he still teaches today, the Kajukenbo system, Emperado method, Ramos style, Bautista influence. The school celebrates it's 48th year at the settlement on the same place.

In 1984 Sifu Emil Bautista moved his organization directly under the Kajukenbo founder, Sijo Adriano D. Emperado KSDI. The friendship and respect that followed saw Sifu Bautista up through the rank of Sigung and later Professor-9th degree Red belt with Silver trim in 1993. He rceived his grandmaster 9th degree in 1999 in Las Vegas by Sijo Emperado. Only Sijo Emperado himself currently ranks higher with a 10th degree reserved explicitly for the head of the Kajukenbo system.

Also in 1993 Sijo Adriano D. Emperado awarded a certificate stating that Emil Bautista was in charge of the Northern California HeadQuarters of the Kajukenbo Self Defence Institute, sealed, stamp and sign by Sijo Emperado and Dechi Emperado who is the head administrator of the Kajukenbo Self Defense Institute Incorperated of Hawaii and the mainland

Out of over 40,000 Kajukenbo practitioners worldwide, Sr. Grand Master Bautista was one of a select number of KSDI people awarded the title of Grand Master and is now one of KSDI Board members of Advisors under Sijo Emperado. (KSDI-BOA)

Sr. Grandmaster Bautista was inducted into the Hall of Fame in July of 2003 in Hayward, Ca and was featured in the July 2004 issue of Inside Kung Fu Magazine and the January 1998 issue of Inside Karate Magazine.

He has two sons in Kajukenbo, Steven Bautista (Sifu) 5th degree and Joseph Bautista (Grandmaster) 9th degree and a grandson (Sibok) 2nd degree, a son Lawrance Bautista in Oregon who teaches grade school and a son Robert Bautista who is retired navy, three daughters Debra, Theodora and Sandra, seventeen grandchildren and eight greatgranddaughter.

He lives with his wife Betty ann and their little companion XieXie a long coat Chihuahua at American Canyon, California.

The Kajukenbo lineage is the founder Sijo Adriano D. Emperado-the teacher Ahgung Antonio Ramos-the student Emil Bautista
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 05:32:29 PM by Bautista's »
John Bishop  8th Degree-Original Method 
Under Grandmaster Gary Forbach
K.S.D.I. # 478, FMAA

"You watch, once I'm gone, all the snakes will start popping their heads up!"  Sijo Emperado

Offline John Bishop

• Black Belt
Re: Grandmaster Emil Bautista
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2003, 11:57:36 AM »
How I met GM Bautista.   :)
Sometime around 1990, I was picking up some equipment at Phil Hall's Martial Arts Supply, in Westminster, Ca.   While I was there I heard a man ask Phil if there were any Kajukenbo schools in the area.  I heard Phil say yes, and then he called me over telling GM Bautista that I was a Kajukenbo man.   GM Bautista stuck out his hand and said "Hi I'm Emil Bautista from Vallejo".  We then talked for a awhile, and he told me that he was in the area for business, and just wanted to see if there were any Kajukenbo people in the area he could visit with.
When he had to leave he left me his card and said that he enjoyed our visit, and if I was ever in his area I should come and visit him.
After he left I took a look at his card, and realized that I had been talking with one of the highest ranking practitioners in the Kajukenbo system.  
Since that day I have always been impressed with the humility and friendliness that this man displays toward everyone he meets.            
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by 1054443600 »
K.S.D.I. # 478, FMAA

"You watch, once I'm gone, all the snakes will start popping their heads up!"  Sijo Emperado

Offline Mitch Powell

• Senior Black Belt
  • Brown Belt
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2003, 03:19:47 PM »
Emil Bautista received his black belt in 1966 from Ahgung Tony Ramos, making him one of the earliest Kajukenbo black belts promoted outside of Hawaii.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 02:30:18 PM by Mitch Powell »
Powell's MMA Academy (KSDI#549)
Grandmaster Mitch Powell (Emperado Method)
(707) 344-1655  coachmitchpowell@hotmail.com

Kaju

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2003, 07:05:08 AM »
I went to Franklin Junior High School in Vallejo, Calif. in the early 70's when I first heard of Kajukenbo from his nephew and neice Bobby & Mary Wilson and they invited me to visit there dojo on Benica Rd.

I peaked in the window and seen first hand why he is one of the best Kajukenbo Masters around.

Yes Mitch you are absolutely right he is one humble man.

Offline advmethod

• Senior Black Belt
  • White Belt
  • A.K.S.D.S. Kajukenbo/Kosho-Ryu
    • http://advancedkajukenbo.uuuq.com
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2003, 01:05:29 PM »
       I met Grandmaster Emil Bautista in Kajukenbo  Back Belt Society Seminar in 1992 Kauai Hawaii at Professor Jaime Basquez home. He is a very humble man and a great friend. My father and I visited his school in 1997 and  passed the night in his dojo. Next day practiced all day sharing the counters techniques  from Tony Ramos that we have.      
      He visited us in February 1998. He saw the Puerto Rico Kajukenbo Associations Groups and stayed a week garthering with Professor Jose "Cherry" Ortega and his son Nataniel. He appeared at channel 4; local television, in a interview about Kajukenbo, it was amaizing. A lot of martial artist came to us for instruction of Kajukenbo.
Prof. Nataniel Ortega
A.K.S.D.S.
Kajukenbo/Kosho-Ryu
advancedkajukenbo@hotmail.com

Offline Al Saddler

• BlackBelt
  • Blue Belt
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2003, 10:04:53 PM »
I could not agree more about the humbleness of Grandmaster Bautista. I could only hope to be as humble as he is. I was sent to him by my father who trained wth Grandmaster in Fairfield under Ahung Tony Ramos. I have been with Grandmaster ever since and have enjoyed every minute of it. Sigung Powell hit the nail on the head when he said that Grandmaster never badmouth's anybody. Thank you Grandmaster for all of the wonderful year's of training and sharing your extensive knowledge with us.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:06 PM by -1 »
Al Saddler
Powell's MMA Academy

E_and_B_Bautista

Re:Grandmaster Emil Bautista
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2003, 05:38:41 AM »
     I have read everything said about GM Bautista and have found them all to be pretty close to the essence of the man.  But, if you would really know the man, you must hear the words from the one who is closest to him, that would be me, his wife.

Although we have only been married for 4 years, we have been together {with a few small breaks} for over 33 years.  So I should have a fair idea of the man.  

I bet he's reading this and starting to panic right about now. And well he should...  ::)

The man is truely as generous and as thoughtful as he is said to be.  As he's received his ranks throughout the years, each time he's said how undeserving he is and that it should have gone to someone else.  That maybe a few years down the line he'd be ready, but not now.  Thank goodness, it's not up to him. He'd be just as happy as a student black as a he is being a high ranking black. Maybe more so, especially when he sees all the nasty things people can say about another person.  That's what really gets to him, the fact the people can be so cruel to each other. He is the least political man I know and it's one of the things I'm most proud of him for.  He has never been and will never be a back stabber or will he ever go around and talk stink about anyone behind their back.  

He judges a man by his deeds, by what he does in this world, not by any peice of paper he may or may not have and certainly not by what others may say about him.  We could all take a lesson from him.  Perhaps if we spent more time working on ourselves and ensuring that what we do, makes this world a better place to live in and spent a little less time blowing ourselves up and stroking our own ego's, maybe we would get somewhere.  Maybe the world could be a better place in which to live.  
     As my husband, Emil says; "You show me and I'll show you." Thank you for your attention.
Betty Bautista

son of G.M.

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2003, 06:57:40 AM »
Let us together this day wish a warm and heart felt birthday celebration to one of the true faithful..
Happy birthday Dad!!
 (I dont think anybody is going to try and spank this birthday boy)
we love you !!
your oldest male spawn...JOSEPH

sigungjoe

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2003, 07:38:16 AM »
Happy Birthday GM EMO. hope your day is filled with happiness. i will see you in Hawaii.
joe

Offline John Bishop

• Black Belt
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2003, 08:38:27 AM »
Happy Birthday GM Emil ;D ;D ;D
K.S.D.I. # 478, FMAA

Offline MARK GERRY

• Global Moderator
  • Black Belt
  • WORLD MARTIAL ARTS MASTERS
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2003, 01:02:23 AM »
WELL ....GRANDMASTER WE WILL HAVE TO HAVE A PENTHOUSE PARTY FOR YOU ;D

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do

Offline Serene

• BlackBelt
  • Brown Belt
  • It Is What It Is
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2003, 07:58:47 PM »
Happy Birthday Sir: ;D

Many happy returns. May God bless and keep you from harms way on your special day and everyday.

Thank you for allowing me to part of your family.

Happy happy birthday Sir!

:)
Sifu Serene Terrazas
Head Instructor
Terrazas Kajukenbo
American Canyon, Ca.

3rd spawn from the son

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2004, 10:29:25 PM »
A few important facts about that should be mentioned if we want to know and understand our Grandmaster Bautista:
(1)   The last part of his name is “Junior”.
(a)   Emilio Bautista Sr. was very well regarded within the local Filipino community.
(i)   Until we are grown, the shadows of our fathers are always larger than our own.
(2)   He is the third child of five born to Mr. and Mrs. B. Sr.
(a)   He had two older brothers who were born and had died in the Philippines prior to his own birth here in America.
(i)   Great things can have tragic origins.
(3)   He has a younger brother and sister.
(a)   He has always been a roll model for someone.
(i)   Siblings are a joy and a responsibility.
(4)   He is the first born of the first generation of the Filipino Bautista family born in America.
(a)   For the purpose of assimilation, many cultural constants are abandoned or syncretically merged into the culture of the immigrant’s adopted society.  Other traditions survive.
(i)   Kajukenbo practitioners, through their art’s island origins, know the spirit of ohana.
(5)   The Bautista family tree, though primarily Filipino, has Chinese and Indonesian roots as well.
(a)   The cultural climate for people with Asian characteristics was difficult in post-WWII America (>1945).
(i)   Racism sucks.
(6)   He never tried to be the best; he tried only to do his best.
(a)   He was an average American high school record-breaking athlete and football hero, who married his blond and blue-eyed high school sweetheart, and later served for a stint in the U.S. Army.
(i)   The greatness of an individual is directly proportionate his humility.
(7)   He loves as fiercely as he fights.
(a)   "Without him, I wouldn't be here,"
(i)   I know, because he is my dad.

Offline perdido88

• White Belt
Re: Grandmaster Emil Bautista (island boy)
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2006, 12:06:19 PM »
 GM Emil Bautista is very humble indeed.  I went to a seminar in Stockton, California, where they taught under one roof (pretty much) the arts of Giron Arnis Escrima, Cabales Serrada escrima and De Cuerdas Escrima.  During the training, I noticed this fellow practicing because I confused him at first with Remy Presas.  He continued practicing just like any other student.  Near the end of the seminar, they presented him as Emil Bautista of Kajukenbo.  We paid our respects, and some people explained to me about his rank and experience.  I was mesmerized because he was quietly training just like any other student.

later,

j.c.
juan-carlos shannon

Offline ELBOHEMIO

• BlackBelt
  • Yellow Belt
  • BE WATER!!!
Re: Grandmaster Emil Bautista (island boy)
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2006, 12:06:19 AM »
Shannon I didn't know you where here. Welcome!!!

David
Sibak David Rodriguez
Advanced Kajukenbo Self Defense System, Modern Farang Mu Sul, Hapkido, and others martial arts systems.
"Dedicated to the preservation and prosperity of all Martial Arts"