Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/kajukenb/public_html/cafe/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Josh Jones

Author Topic: Josh Jones  (Read 1954 times)

Offline cirillo

• Blue Belt
    • Wun Hop Kuen Do
Josh Jones
« on: May 14, 2004, 10:21:26 AM »
Although it has already been reported here, I wanted to make a thread in memorial to Josh Jones.

Josh Jones died on May 11, 2004 in Oakland, CA.  He was only 26 years old.  He was one of our own.  He had trained for many years in Wun Hop Kuen Do with his father, Sifu Doug Jones and Sifu Bill Owens.  He was considered a friend by everyone that knew him, including myself.  We are all greatly saddened by his passing.  He was one of the nicest and kindest people that I have known.  He always had a smile on his face, was very laid back and had friendly comments for everyone.  I always enjoyed training with him and I will remember him by the recent training we did together in Hawaii at the WHKD Continuous Education.  He will be sorely missed.  Everyone in Oakland is taking it quite hard.  In particular, his close friends and family.  I know that I speak for everyone in saying that they have the support of their WHKD and Kajukenbo family in these most difficult of times.  

My next month of training will be dedicated to Josh and I hope you all will sweat a little in his memory with a kata or training session for him.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2004, 10:31:15 AM by cirillo »
Sifu Jeffrey D. Cirillo,  7th Degree Black belt in Wun Hop Kuen Do under GM Al Dacascos and 3rd Degree in FaChuan (Blossom Fist) under Sifu Bill Owens with over 35 years experience in the martial arts.
College Station, TX