Author Topic: Very Sad News- GM Iversen passes  (Read 6685 times)

agarcia

Re: Very Sad News- GM Iversen passes
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2005, 05:55:03 AM »
He leido con enorme tristeza la noticia del fallecimiento del GM Iversen, es duro perder un miembro de la gran familia Kajukenbo y quiero desde aqui hacer llegar alos familiares y alumnos nuestro mas sentido pesar por tan enorme perdida, toda la familia de Kajukenbo en Europa esta de luto .

Angel Garcia Soldado
KSDI EUROPA

Offline Sifu Julian

• BlackBelt
  • Yellow Belt
  • Civilize the Mind, Make Savage the Body!
    • Chinese Kajukenbo Self-Defense
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2005, 01:29:02 PM »
Aloha.

I had the privilege of meeting GM Iversen during the 1999 Kajukenbo Family Reunion in Las Vegas. Iversen had been the Assistant Chief Instructor when my instructor, Prof. Alan Carter, trained under GM Sid Asuncion in HI. GM Iversen, Prof. Carter, Sifu Michael Stempf, and myself (along with Erika Iversen) got to spend a lot of time discussing techniques, history, and we got to listen to "story" from some of those who were there. It was a highlight of my martial arts career to that point.

Since that time I had many occassions to e-mail and call "Sifu" (as GM Iversen liked to be called).

My sincerest condolences go out to Simo Jane, Sifu Erika, Sifu Chelcey, Sifu Nick, and George Jr. at the passing of their husband and father. We as an O'hana are diminished at the passing of a teacher, mentor, and great example of a martial artist.

Sifu---you will be sorely missed! Aloha.

Julian
Sigung Julian Sims
7th Red/Black Belt-Kajukenbo Self-Defense;
4th Red & White Belt-Bushido Kempo;
3rd Black Sash-SDS Jeet Kune Do;
3rd Degree Instructor-Chinese Wushu Assn.;
K.S.D.I. #837
K.O.A.-Sifu Society
O.K.O.-Lifetime #139

Offline GForbach

• Gary Forbach
  • Senior Moderator
  • Blue Belt
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2005, 01:35:48 PM »
We have lost a leader, a legand, and a friend.
GM George was not only one KAJUKENBO's pioneer's, but one of my best friends, as well as one of my hero's.
I will miss him dearly and yet he lives on through his efforts and through teachings of the many thousands of those he touched.
My condolences to Simo Jane, Sifu Erika, Sifu Chelcey, Sifu Nick, and George Jr.  I will "ALWAYS" be here to support you in the memory of my great friend.
I am currently making every effort to be in Hawaii to attend services and represent my School in support of the Iversen Ohana.
Aloha and Mahalo my Brother.....
I will always remember, Love and Respect you for what you have done for all of us.
Your Brother in KAJUKENBO and God,
GM Gary L. Forbach
« Last Edit: October 05, 2005, 01:51:09 PM by GForbach »
Gary Forbach, 9th Degree Original Method Kajukenbo under GM Aleju Reyes and Sijo A.D. Emperado

profthommorris

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2005, 02:31:54 PM »

Iam shocked to hear about GM Iverson passing. My heart goes out to his family and students. We have lost another great teacher.

Prof. Thom Morris

Offline V. F. Mateo

• Senior Black Belt
  • Blue Belt
  • That little extra in ordinary = extraordinary
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2005, 05:48:40 PM »
I saw GM Iverson at Sijo's tournament/seminar in Vallejo, CA., but didn't get a chance to talk with him. Our condolences from our school in Seattle, WA. MATEO KAJUKENBO Schools of Kenpo Karate, Kickboxining and Fitness Training.

GOD BLESS YOU SIR & YOUR FAMILY!

V. Frank Mateo
« Last Edit: October 05, 2005, 05:50:47 PM by V. F. Mateo »
V. Frank Mateo-8th degree; GM Gerry Scott
CHA 3 Kenpo Karate; retired Co-Founder Frank Suan
5th Degree KAA; GGM Charles Gaylord-Professor Brian Yoshii & Professor Brian Baxter
Ali'i Warriors Fight Club-Muay Thai (Promoter, Match Maker, Trainer, and Coach)

Offline John Bishop

• Administrator
  • Black Belt
  • Seek Knowledge, Not Rank
    • John Bishop's Kajukenbo Homepage
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2005, 03:20:14 AM »
For those members who did not know GM Iversen, here is his biography:
http://www.kajukenbocafe.com/smf/index.php?topic=165.msg1295#msg1295
John Bishop  8th Degree-Original Method 
Under Grandmaster Gary Forbach
K.S.D.I. # 478, FMAA
www.kajukenboinfo.com

"You watch, once I'm gone, all the snakes will start popping their heads up!"  Sijo Emperado

Offline The Kai

• Yellow Belt
    • Kai Martial Arts
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2005, 06:26:06 AM »
I hope his family is well
Todd Martin
Kenpo

Offline SIFUJERRYMENDEZ

• BlackBelt
  • White Belt
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2005, 09:16:04 PM »
Lamentamos la perdida del GM Iversen y desde Puerto Rico les expresamos nuestras condolencias a su familia y amigos.
University of Puerto Rico Mayaguez Campus
5 degree Black Belt
Under Sijo Adriano Emperado
www.kajukenbopuertorico.com

Offline dshioi

• Senior Black Belt
  • White Belt
  • M&M
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2005, 03:33:09 AM »
On behalf of the students of GM George Iversen,We would like to thank Grandmaster Rick Alemany, Sigung Ron Calpito, and Sigung Dennis Guila for coming down to the school and showing support for the school and the Iversen family.
Mahalo for being part of the ohana!

Offline dshioi

• Senior Black Belt
  • White Belt
  • M&M
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2005, 01:14:42 AM »
Today we laid to rest, a great teacher and a great man.
Thanks to all that attended to show their respects including founder, Frank Ordanez, Grandmaster Al Delacruz,  Grandmaster Al Dacascos, Grandmaster Sisto Ramos, Grandmaster Ed Louis, Grandmaster Rick Alemany, Grandmaster Martin Buell, Professor Gerry Scott, Professor Alan Carter, Professor Kainoa Li, Sigung Dennis Guila, Sigung Ron Calpito, and the rest of ohana.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2005, 01:20:49 AM by dshioi »

Offline rockatear

• Blue Belt
  • "Study your teacher carefully", Professor Bones
    • JustThink.Us
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2005, 09:03:03 AM »
My heartfelt sympathies go out to the family, friends and students of GM Iversen.  To lay the final rest is the hardest part of all.  May your hearts, minds and loving memories carry you all through the coming days as such a loved one's energy is everywhere especially the good times when you were with him last.

with respect,
Shirley Phelps, blue blelt, Hand to Hand Kajukenbo Self-Defense Center, Oakland, CA, www.handtohandkajukenbo.com, Gaylord Method, Chief Head Instructors:  Sifus Jen Resnick and Sonya Richardson

Offline kelie

• White Belt
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2011, 10:57:29 AM »
i know im a little late but better late than never... i was a student of GM Iverson's back in the 70's when he had his school in Pearl City(above the Midas), sad to hear about GM Iverson... condolences to the Ohana back home in Hawaii and all over the world.
Leslie Wong, Jr, former student of George Iverson,  Purple Belt