Author Topic: Re:Noble System  (Read 6547 times)

Offline guest1

• White Belt
  • I'm a llama!
Re:Noble System
« on: December 01, 2004, 03:43:26 PM »
Noble System History

Noble - having or revealing a fine character.

The Noble System is not a replacement for Kajukembo, nor a complete style within itself, but merely an addition to the very comprehensive and strong Kajukembo style.  Kajukembo is and always will be the heart style for Sifu Patrick McDaniel.  Sifu McDaniel has studied  various martial arts ranging from Tae Kwon Do to Kempo.  He  started studying Kajukembo in 1974 and received his Black belt in 1977. He found himself with no instructor, no known contacts with any kajukenbo instuctors and no other way to grow; in 1990 he developed the Noble System.  The Noble System does not change the original Kajukembo but is a variation of techniques to help him and his instructors elevate the teaching skills needed for the mother art of Kajukembo.  Working with his students he was able to develop an instructing system.  Sifu James Cox was the first black belt promoted by Sifu McDaniel.  The two instructors worked on the Noble System for a number of years before being satisfied with the system.  There studies and experiences were evident well before the name was employed.  

The Noble System concentrates on the basic elements in a more advanced way.  Kajukembo has a strong emphasis on self-defense and the Noble System provides extensive training on focusing your strikes to vital points of the body.  In addition, they focus on the proper attitude, because self-defense relies not only on striking and moving, but the attitude of the person defending themselves.  Practitioners in the Kajukembo Noble System are taught to believe in themselves, their instructors, and the system.  

Sifu McDaniel says that after looking at the system, the instructors, and the students that were following the teachings, he decided to call his system "The Noble System."  

Sifu McDaniel has promoted Five (5) black belts under the Noble System and Sifu Cox has promoted thirty two (37) black belts.  

Realizing that people make mistakes, and we are all people, we must learn from our mistakes, build positives from negatives, and be the best we can.  Success in martial arts is not always measured by external accomplishments, but by internal accomplishments.  There may not be any new techniques in the martial arts, but there are new ways of developing these techniques

Offline claudio

• BlackBelt
  • Blue Belt
  • Empty your mind
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2004, 07:59:46 PM »
I'll try to answer these questions quickly. Mr Mcdaniel will have to answer some of these.

Mo / GODAN

Professor George Jackson & Paul Jackson where his instructors (No relation). Blackbelts of GM Peralta.
GM Peralta Promoted him(Mcdaniel) up to 3rd and 5th degree. There was a 10 or 15 year  break before he could find  Kajukembo  again, when he found some one in his own lineage it was GM P.  Then there was another break but from my understanding has since been mended.

Mr. Mcdaniel will be logging on tonight to fill in more details.  

Mr. Claude "Claudio" Lawson III
Ronin Kombat Systems / V.P. American Kajukembo Assoc

Kajukembo/Kajukenbo(GM Davis)/ Brazilian Jiujitsu/Kick Boxing/ Practical Weapons

sigungjoe

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2004, 10:14:14 PM »
Maybe I am misunderstanding what is being said here. But, from what I have gathered Mr. McDaniel took the material taught to him in Kajukembo, figured out a way of teaching it, then changed the name to the Noble system? Dont we all as Black Belts teach Kaju a little bit different from each other? Ive seen many of the instructors teach differently from each other and they are all very good at how they do it. How can someone teach a system that he has learned, teach the same material, then change the name? This doesnt make sense to me. Can someone set me straight on this?

Offline Sifu Sin Bin

• Holy Cow, I am a
  • Senior Moderator
  • Black Belt
  • YOU SUCK, TRAIN HARDER
    • check it out
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2004, 11:55:16 PM »
It's really quite simple Joe. You start with a system and learn it, you then include the same techniques and philosophy and put your own spin on it so it is easier to understand for people who think like you do. You change the name. New system. Now is that so hard to understand? 8)
Professor Rob Peladeau
8th Degree - KSDI #672
Loyal Student and lifelong friend of
Grand Master Emil Bautista
NorCal Headquarters of K.S.D.I. Ambassador

Offline Pat McDaniel

• BlackBelt
  • White Belt
  • The way of the invisible snapping fist!
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2004, 07:06:31 AM »
This is Sifu Pat Mcdaniel . Thank you for all your questions regarding the noble system. If you look at the patch on Kajukenbo.org you will notice that it reads Kajukembo the noble system I did not change the name however I added the noble system to the title to let the system no where it was comming from. If there was no idea where it was coming from then you start to ask questions much like what is going on now. regarding the forms, I use the original forms. however what I have notice after meeting kajukenbo members the order and numbering or not in the same order and thats not just me that is the case with others as well. I do agree that many instructors have thier unique teaching styles but  I was not represented by anyone for many years and it was to my best entrest to develolp an organization and start representing my students as a part of large group in our own way. I was a six and sometimes seven day a week student and very dedicated I dont feell like I have to go into a lot of detail defeneding how I was promoted to black belt but I will say when became associated with GM peralata. he had no Questions that I was a good student in the kajukembo system and he took me to 3rd and 5th. my students are strong and I was a top 3 fightier and a top 2 kata competetor befor I retired from the tournament world. any more questions dont hesitate to ask I respect all the questions and concerns you have posted and would respectfully talk with anyone regarding kajukembo the noble system. thank you so much for showing enterest and concern about the noble system and giving me a chance to talk on behave of the noble system.
PatMcDaniel

Pat McDaniel

Offline Pat McDaniel

• BlackBelt
  • White Belt
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2004, 09:09:42 PM »
Thank you for responding. Now to get to your questions.
Yes we do practice the knife and club tech we may not use them all but the basic techs. we will spend some time on. some of the old techs. It may have taken longer for me to get a hold of due to the disattachment from anyone that had that knowledge so I practice what I did know and developed more from form the basic format. The reason I use the M is in the 1970s when the Kajukembo system was presented to that is the way I was introduced to the system. So for many years I  knew nothing other than the M. It wasn't untill I met GM Peralata that I knew of the N.

Now I had to learn how to get my message across to my students, I wanted them to feel what I felt when I pradcticed this system and in doing so I made some not so good calls. Not having higher instuctor around to help me with some of the calls I made I had to develop my teaching style the hard way. In a way that was good and some of my most devoted students saw that I needed to make some of those changes and stuck by me as I revised the bad call. so that what I meant by that statement about positive and negetive. I had to make it known that Kajukembo was a real style to some of the other martial artis in that west texas area and that was hard to get thrue to some of those closed minds. I hope I ansewred you questions if you have any more you know what to do.

and agan thank you for your intrest and concern.

Pat McDaniel

JessieEscobedo

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2004, 10:32:16 PM »
Hello Sigung Daniels,
   Need some clarification, this is the last tree that I had when I pose the question to GM Peralta back in the early 90's pertaining to his KAJUKEMBO tree.  I am not trying to stir up any trouble. I am just a big historian on the martial arts systems that I teach.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2004, 10:34:54 PM by Jessie Escobedo »

Offline Pat McDaniel

• BlackBelt
  • White Belt
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2004, 06:53:53 AM »
Hello again, For mr. Escobedo was not a original student of GM Peralata's. He picked me up and took me under his wing in 1985.  My Black promotion was not GM Peralata however when he pisked me up he gave me endorced my degree, and promoted me to 3rd and then to 5th. but you know that you and me wroked out together under GM Peralata in the 90's.
don.t you remember? Now, I appreciate you not trying to start any trouble, So what are you really trying to say? I teach 10 of the short forms that are that I think may be considered original pinans, I teach 4 I-patterns, 2 solidifide forms, and then one Gung-fu form. As far as knives I teach 5 that come from the kajukembo system and the rest are my develpment same for clubs. I teach 10 fundemental defense drills, 10 counters, 14 advance counters (Grab arts), 14 tricks, 7 funadamental walk the body drills, 1 advance walk the body drill with 100 stricks. And more tech, that would fall under the noble tech. Thank you again for your questions.
Pat McDaniel

Offline Tachi

• GM Angel Garcia
  • Senior Black Belt
  • White Belt
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2004, 07:55:48 AM »
Hello everibody, sorry, only one question. the surname of Richard, is "PERALTA", Is a Spanish surname, and the  original method is "KAJUKENBO", is a Sijo┬┤s name System, Thanks, ans sorry for my english.

JessieEscobedo

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2004, 09:49:24 AM »
Hello,
    Yes, I do remember.  I'm just want to update my KAJUKENBO tree that I keep.  But he did not mention Mr. George Jackson as his student.  

Thank you,
Jessie Escobedo

Offline Pat McDaniel

• BlackBelt
  • White Belt
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2004, 10:01:49 AM »
Ok to my undrstanding Mr. Jackson was a student under Mr. Peralata before naholewe ( I know thats not spelled right but I think you know who I mean.)
When GM peralata and I first met in 1982, he told me that Mr. Jackson was his student.   Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Pat McDaniel

Offline claudio

• BlackBelt
  • Blue Belt
  • Empty your mind
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2004, 10:20:37 AM »
My understanding also is that George Jackson was actually a student of GM Nahoolewa.

Sifu Cedric Pickett and Mr. Mcdaniel were promoted to black belt on the same day by George Jackson/ Paul jackson. (Both Military)

The Kajukembo or Kajukenbo, "n" or "m" situation. had nothing to do with Mcdaniel. That was a Nahoolewa/Peralta deal, you would have to bring that up with them.

Sifu Escobedo, Augustin Lopez (7th degree)is also under Mr. Peralta and is not on your. He came under him sometime in the early to mid 90's

Kajukembo/Kajukenbo(GM Davis)/ Brazilian Jiujitsu/Kick Boxing/ Practical Weapons

JessieEscobedo

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2004, 11:04:22 AM »
Hello Sifu,
   Thanks, that was my old tree.  Sigung Lopez stayed with me for over 4 years (while on vacation) while I trained him the way Peralta was teaching and he taught me what he knew.  Great Exchange, which Sigung Lopez was under GM Garcia.  MY MIND IS SO OVER LOADED WITH TECHNIQUES... HELPPPP  ;D
With GM Garcia's techniques, AWSOME, I NEED A MEMORY UPGRADE AND BIOS UPGRADE.  ;D  Going to download all my kung-fu forms, chin-na, Kenpo, Kempo, and weapons to a new hard drive... KAJUKENBO FOREVER.

Offline claudio

• BlackBelt
  • Blue Belt
  • Empty your mind
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2004, 06:51:18 PM »
 ;DWow 4 yrs of training with Sigung Lopez.  thats a lot of information being shared. I remember now he was under GM Garcia. I see why your head hurts between the two of them. Thats more information than any one person should be expected to internalize. :P

Offline Pat McDaniel

• BlackBelt
  • White Belt
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2004, 05:18:47 AM »
Paul Jackson Not George Promoted Pat  McDaniel to black belt. George Jackson was over the west Texas system up to the orange belt promotion. Just wanted to clear that up.
Pat McDaniel